Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this has been stated yet, but

Apparently, you can grow vegetables and crops in your My Castle that you can use to make medicine and stuff. And, you can find or receive as gifts crystals and gems (such as rubies) that you sell to the weapon shop to unlock new weapon types. In the video, an amethyst is apparently the prize for winning a round at the arena.

And, the accessory shop is apparently where that dragon mask we saw Kamui wear came from...

Edited by Sky Soldier

Don't know if this has been stated yet, but

Apparently, you can grow vegetables and crops in your My Castle that yu can use to make medicine and stuff. And, you can find or receive as gifts crystals and gems (such as rubies) that you sell to the weapon shop to unlock new weapon types. In the video, an amethyst is apparently the prize for inning a round at the arena.

And, the accessory shop is apparently where that dragon mask we saw Kamui wear came from...

You can grow crops? This...this is such a weird feel it's going to be like playing Rune Factory.

I wonder how many otakus will be disappointed that fire emblem if isn't a dating sim with animal crossing elements thrown in. Seriously,I could show the 9 minute video with Joker and Felicia to anyone and dating sim would be one of the things brought up. Now look, I'm all for the my castle being like awakening with premade shops opening up after beating chapters but the way that IS is showing off fire emblem if is imo really misleading. Furthermore, I hope that the my castle on the nohr side is only online only because I remember IS stating that the Nohr side would have no world map yet hoshido would and my castle is a world map.

FE has gone to the casuals

Considering the 3DS appeals mostly to the Animal Crossing/Pokemon/Tomodachi Life fan, I can see, from a business standpoint, the intent of all this pandering.

If anyone cares, I made a sheet with all the weapon stats I could see from the direct. Some names could be off but I tried to fill in whatever I didn't know with the info from the Something Awful FE thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jbavV22V0Jpbix0zqAri8lp5LDJpBO02X8fjSmjTUGE

Interesting, thanks !

Also -5 AS for javelins and the Hoshido Sword ranged weapon. Quite a nerf.

All in all it seams that IS balanced the removal of durability with a nice advantage/disadvantage system.

Man, the weapons sure seem a lot more punishing to use, especially with the [insert-specific weakness here] killer weapons.

And thus, IS achieved their nefarious goal of getting us all back to our FE7-8 mindset where we just used iron weapons the whole game because everything else was too expensive/heavy/etc.

Edited by Sky Soldier

If anyone cares, I made a sheet with all the weapon stats I could see from the direct. Some names could be off but I tried to fill in whatever I didn't know with the info from the Something Awful FE thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jbavV22V0Jpbix0zqAri8lp5LDJpBO02X8fjSmjTUGE

So far I'm seeing Silver, Reaver, and Warrior weapons as the best.

Silver weapons still looking like the best basic melee weapons to use. Even with the -2 STR debuff it still gives you more damage than Steel or Iron, especially if you're double attacking anyway.

Edited by HeroMystic

they really want to discourage us from using these weapons... I rather have the durability back, too much stuffs to remember on what crit or not and what double or not. It will be annoying picking a weapon thinking that it will double but instead didn't and screw us over.

Edited by Awakener_

Furthermore, I hope that the my castle on the nohr side is only online only because I remember IS stating that the Nohr side would have no world map yet hoshido would and my castle is a world map.

IS never said anything about a world map at all, they said that Nohr would have fewer exp and resource gaining opportunities.

they really want to discourage us from using these weapons... I rather have the durability back, too much stuffs to remember on what crit or not and what double or not. It will be annoying picking a weapon thinking that it will double but instead didn't and screw us over.

All the effects seem to be in the descriptions, but that could get a bit old. I'm thinking Iron weapons will be the main weapon in availability and usage, and hopefully the enemies don't just use their fancy Silver weapons and attack us in expendable droves.

The guys are blushing in the bathhouse? Either they're talking about girls and bust sizes or guys and...yeah.

I think it's just because it's steamy

And I mean that literally, not sexually, although we still don't know if Kamui swings that way so

The guys are blushing in the bathhouse? Either they're talking about girls and bust sizes or guys and...yeah.

It's a hot spring. They're....hot.

Also, on a TOTALLY different note, did anyone catch that there was a dragon gauge that filled up at the end of that streetpass battle? Could it be that you can only use Dragon's Vein (or whatever we're calling it these days) a limited number of times and therefor might have to pick and choose when to use it or something?

Edited by Sky Soldier

And thus, IS achieved their nefarious goal of getting us all back to our FE7-8 mindset where we just used iron weapons the whole game because everything else was too expensive/heavy/etc.

I'll give you expensive, but FE7-8 is basically using Iron to double attack, and Steel to 1HKO to avoid getting counterattacked, then the dynamic going out the window when Promotion(CON Increase) and Silver weapons come to play. Enemies needlessly wearing themselves down with Steel weapons usually allowed you to get away using Steel for default as well. As it stands FE:if's weapon system is much more simplified.

Thanks! That's pretty helpful! I was starting to regret having preordered the Japanese version of the game (there's just so much stuff to understand and my translation speed is dreadfully slow at best), so something like this is extremely convenient!

^ I remember they said something like Hoshido would have more ways of getting exp and gold in a Awakening-world map kind of way.

@Thedeathby2:

Honestly, how is a little town a world map? a World map is like the one in Awakening and FE8 (also like the one in FFTactics) where you could move choose what chapter/challenge/sidequests to do at your leisure.

My castle does not let you do anything like that. What I understand is that when you walk around you get items that can be used in building your castle (and forging too but is not like you have to do so) and also if you battle while in MyCastle while playing a Nohr route you do not get exp nor gold so i fail to see how it detracts from the standard FE expirience IS said that nohr is going to be

It's a hot spring. They're....hot.

Also, on a TOTALLY different note, did anyone catch that there was a dragon gauge that filled up at the end of that streetpass battle? Could it be that you can only use Dragon's Vein (or whatever we're calling it these days) a limited number of times and therefor might have to pick and choose when to use it or something?

The ressource used to create buildings is the exact same dragon head as the one from that gauge, so I suppose different actions can fill it, and you use it to expand your base.

^ I remember they said something like Hoshido would have more ways of getting exp and gold in a Awakening-world map kind of way.

They did not, that was a note added by Vincent who was speculating.

http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/#more-25442

What Vincent said

Interestingly, Nintendo wasnt lying when they said the Nohr path would be harder. It seems as if there will be a world map or some other facility in the Hoshido path that lets you level up characters outside of the story like in Awakening, The Sacred Stones and Gaiden. But not in the Nohr path.

What the official site says directly

Fire Emblem if Hoshido

A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal siblings from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters.

Edited by L95