Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE12 female MUs could marry Marth, and other characters, the number in awakening is likely due to the fact it was ment to be a cap stone on

the series. So yes, something that was present before Awakening that was present in the series.

Lol, Marth is engaged to Caeda and he can marry female kris?

We shouldn't be too quick to judge new feautures yet. The dragon and face petting is... Peculiar, but we haven't experienced this game yet therefore we shouldnt say "oh this is stupid entirely". We don't know if face letting creates marriage or if marriage if even officially back. We don't know how powerful the dragon fish is or how she operates. Point is, we haven't seen nor experienced the new mechanics and therefore not spew nonsense like we know what they are or aren't. Every Fire Emblem has new mechanics!

Honestly, what is up with the dreadful reading comprehension in this thread?

I'm surprised you expected otherwise.

FE12 female MUs could marry Marth, and other characters, the number in awakening is likely due to the fact it was ment to be a cap stone on the series. So yes, something that was present before Awakening that was present in the series.

lol no

Also, everything wrong with Awakening and If's new direction originates in FE12's Kris.

FE12 female MUs could marry Marth, and other characters, the number in awakening is likely due to the fact it was ment to be a cap stone on the series. So yes, something that was present before Awakening that was present in the series.

Kris could marry a handful of people. (I'm not trying to disprove your statement)

No, they couldn't. There were no paired endings for neither Chris at all. Male Chris even went as far as turning down girls like Athena who outright proposed to him.

There were supports with romantic undertones, yes, but no paired endings at all. Chris only has one ending regardless of sex and it says that there's not much written about them on the pages of history.

Seriously, Fem Chris marrying Marth who is engaged to Caeda?

Edited by Black Mage

Honestly, what is up with the dreadful reading comprehension in this thread?

"Furthermore, what concerns me is that before fire emblem awakening, there wasn't any MU's which were pretty much you in the game and the MU could marry ANYONE that wa the opposite gender. In other words now you could have yourself in fire emblem marry anyone you wished."

Did you just miss this part? I don't recall Mark or Chris being able to marry anyone you wished.

As said before, romance was still a thing. No, you couldn't marry anyone you wished in the game, but that didn't stop people from making head-canons out of it.

I'm not seeing why one would think this is some bizarre concept.

Kris has a terrible reputation and Mark is hardly a thing, if course fanfiction is an exception. Also the village in fire emblem if doesn't feel like fire emblem. Going around giving accessories to your soldiers, feeding a pet dragon, petting people's faces, and making new shops,isn't things fire emblem should have. All this village stuff makes fire emblem if feel like it isn't a fire emblem game.

Feeding a pet is pretty weird I'll admit, but "petting people's faces" is getting pretty overblown.

As long as the gameplay and strategy is good, all of this simply gives you things to do outside of the core, which should be appreciated. Stuff like this is expected in RPGs nowadays.

Edited by HeroMystic

Kris has a terrible reputation and Mark is hardly a thing, if course fanfiction is an exception. Also the village in fire emblem if doesn't feel like fire emblem. Going around giving accessories to your soldiers, feeding a pet dragon, petting people's faces, and making new shops,isn't things fire emblem should have. All this village stuff makes fire emblem if feel like it isn't a fire emblem game.

So Mark still appealed to the type of people you are talking about, if anything mark may have started to gather enough people for the 13 marriage system to be viable. And fire emblem has always partly been about interacting with your characters(emphasis mine) but it was combat, caring enough about them enough to not let them die, and in recent games support conversations which is pretty close to this. Feeding a pet dragon is barely different from feeding your favorite character exp. the shops is weapon management. You have me on the face touching though but that is a minor thing.

The fact that you seem to consider your characters soldiers says alot to me, and i kinda wonder how you got into this series.

No, you couldn't marry anyone you wished in the game, but that didn't stop people from making head-canons out of it.

People make imaginary pairings for everything.

The important distinction is how Awakening encouraged this attitude. Tons of support options. Your stand-in character can pair with anyone. Confession scenes. Baby making.

Sort of blows my mind that certain users are pretending Awakening wasn't a radical departure from traditional Fire Emblem. What mechanics it "shares" with past titles are shared only superficially.

Just took a quick look at the trailer. This focuses on My Castle and implies there will be other installments leading up to the release, all shedding light on various aspects of the game.

• Going around conversing with people can reward you with materials that you can then use to forge weapons, as well as benefits to stats if they're in a good mood.
  • Cooking also nets you benefits and hindrances to your stats, depending on how the meal winds up. For example, despite being a maid, Felicia isn't good at preparing dishes at all (This is something she and Joker both point out during their narration.) and served "Homicidal Steak". You can choose whether you wish to eat a dish after it is made, so it isn't actually much of a gamble. The effects wear off when the current chapter ends.
  • The experience values shown in this trailer do not reflect those given during Nohr's route. My Castle battles accepting while playing the Nohr version will not net you experience.

[spoiler=My Room]1OkoU3x.png

• Kamui: "Well, what should I do?"

The two options read:

• Invite [invite someone to your room]
  • Change Hairstyle

Inviting someone to your room initiates that facial rubbing minigame, which rewards you with bond points. Bond points are still given out during battle when units are beside one another. As always, bonding with your party members is beneficial to combat. They mention that you can do the same with male party members, which sounds like they're implying they use male Kamui for the entirety of this, but don't hold me to that.

[spoiler=Other Players]DUOyMjo.png

• Hiisuha: "Good afternoon." [This is just the MU's tagline, like with Awakening.]

The options read:

• Receive their card
  • Check their strength
  • Fight in your My Castle
  • Fight in their My Castle
  • Visit
  • Send them away

When you visit another player's My Castle, you can converse with their party members and shop at their stores. The characters will often give you items, just as your own do. The stores sell different weapons depending on which route you take. For example, while the focal Kamui throughout this trailer is from Hoshido, the visitor is from Nohr.

Once you complete a battle against another player, they will leave your My Castle. During battles held at your My Castle, you (or your opponent) can destroy buildings. However, once the battle ends, the buildings will be restored to their former state. Lilith (リリス) serves as an ally during My Castle skirmishes and can heal your characters.

You can recruit one member of another player's team.

[spoiler=Battling Other Players]nN4QoDc.png

When you choose to battle the other player, it gives you three options which should resolve the issue of a grind-free Nohr player attempting to battle one with limitless experience from Hoshido:

• No Handicap ("Fight with your original abilities.")
  • Handicap
  • Limited Abilities
Edited by sforzur

I'm still hyped for the game.

Also, people mentioned seeing Ike, Robin, and Lucina's portraits here? Where? I wanna see Ike's, since the other two are apparently the same?

Oh you can actually change hairstyles after character creation? That's interesting, seems that I was also right in rub-a-dub game being an optional means of obtaining support/bond points.

I'm still hyped for the game.

Also, people mentioned seeing Ike, Robin, and Lucina's portraits here? Where? I wanna see Ike's, since the other two are apparently the same?

They are on the updated website.

No, they couldn't. There were no paired endings for neither Chris at all. Male Chris even went as far as turning down girls like Athena who outright proposed to him.

There were supports with romantic undertones, yes, but no paired endings at all.

Yeah, New Mystery doesn't support paired endings at all. I think I was just thinking about the FKris and Wolf support, where they both agree to go to Wolf's homeland together. I probably read too much into it.

Thanks for the info @sforzur. Two questions, since I'm unclear about these things:

1. Is it confirmed that the Capsule Monster is locked to My Castle battles and cannot be used in the main campaign? That would make the mechanic rather half-baked.

2. What are the differences between Nohr and Hoshido My Castle? Can you get experience in both?

Edited by feplus

Inviting someone to your room initiates that facial rubbing minigame, which rewards you with bond points. Bond points are still given out during battle when units are beside one another. As always, bonding with your party members is beneficial to combat. They mention that you can do the same with male party members, which sounds like they're implying they use male Kamui for the entirety of this, but don't hold me to that.

Okay that does make it a bit better. The mechanic is still weird, but it is just to gain some extra support points (Nothing very significant or something that couldn't be done without the weird petting mechanic)

Okay, Ike and Marth look amazing. Robin and Lucina being the same IS kind of sad, but...I guess it's not too bad. I do still like their portraits anyway.

While they're taking things from pokemon, hopefully they'll take the part from the hoenn remakes that lets you get streetpass like data over the internet. Secret bases in that case, My Castle in this one. That way people who live basically anywhere but a japanese city will actually be able to use some of these multiplayer features.