Website Character Profile Translations [5/31]

Kirokan

Hi everyone, I finished translating all the characters profiles from the Fire Emblem if website. Some new and old alike. For now it is just text, but I will edit the transcribed versions either later today or tomorrow.

Marked 5/31 as I assume they'll update it with more characters as time goes on. When that happens I hope to translate and put them here ASAP.

It is rather long and has a lot of images and formatting, so here is a link to the blog post. Below in spoilers as well!

Image based [Complete!]

Main

protagonisttranslated1.jpg

aquatranslated1.jpg

Hoshido

mikototranslated.jpg

ryoumatranslated.jpg

takumitranslated.jpg

hinokatranslated.jpg

sakuratranslated.jpg

tsukuyomitranslated.jpg

rinkatranslated.jpg

orochitranslated.jpg

Nohr

marxtranslated.jpg

leontranslated.jpg

camillatranslated.jpg

elisetranslated.jpg

garontranslated.jpg

nixtranslated.jpg

charlottetranslated.jpg

benoittranslated.jpg

Both

gunthertranslated.jpg

feliciatranslated.jpg

jokertranslated.jpg

suzukazetranslated.jpg

cyrustranslated1.jpg

All text based:

Character chart for reference.

Protagonist Profile:

Starting Class: Dark Prince (Male) / Dark Princess (Female)

Born in the Kingdom of Hoshido, they were kidnapped when they were too young to remember. They were then raised as a member of the Nohrian royal family instead.

Customize various features and setting as you like. Hair, face, body type,voice, and style/tone.

Aqua Profile:

Starting Class: Songstress

She is the opposite of the protagonist, having been born in Nohr butkidnapped and raised by the Hoshido. After she meets the Protagonist, she travels with them no matter what choice they make. She holds a special power in the songs she sings.

Mikoto Profile:

Noble Queen of the Hoshido

The peace loving Queen who rules the Kingdom of Hoshido. The birth mother ofthe protagonist. She found herself as the crown monarch following her late husband Sumeragi's unexpected death.

Ryouma Profile:

Starting Class: Trueblade

The eldest brother of the Hoshidian royal family.
The protagonist's real older brother. A very reliable person who is the epitome of the way of the warrior.

Takumi Profile:

Starting Class: Archer

The younger prince of the Kingdom of Hoshido.
He trains diligently in order to prove his strength to those around him. He has a strong personality that is often suspicious of people.

Hinoka Profile:

Starting Class: Pegasus Warrior

Elder Princess of the Kingdom of Hoshido.
She has a simple and honest personality that is fitting of a warrior. She took up learning the art of war after the protagonist was kidnapped.

Sakura Profile:

Starting Class: Miko

The youngest child and princess of the Kingdom of Hoshido.
She has a very shy personality. She uses honorifics even when talking to family members.

Tsukuyomi Profile:

Spellcaster of the Winds

Starting Class: Spellcaster

A spellcaster of the Tribe of Winds.
A young boy with extraordinary ability. This influences his self confidence, to the point where it is rather high-handed. On the other hand, his weakness is being childish in some ways, such as being afraid of the dark.

Rinka Profile:

The Aloof Flame
Starting Class: Oni

She is from the Tribe of Flames, which is an independent group from the Kingdom. Following her father (the chief)'s orders, she moved to assist the Kingdom of Hoshido. In accordance with her tribe's custom of honoring solitude, she does not interact with her comrades more than is necessary.

Orochi Profile:

Old Fashioned Spellcaster
Starting class: Spellcaster

She is a Spellcaster employed by the castle that expensive magic can be bought from. Though she has mysterious vibes with her calm, old fashioned manner of speaking, she actually has a bright and playful personality.

Marx Profile:

Starting Class: Paladin

Eldest brother of the Nohrian royal family.
He has a silent and honest personality. He follows his father's orders faithfully. for the sake of his country

Leon Profile:

Starting Class: Dark Knight

The younger Prince of the Kingdom of Nohr.
Unlike his older brother Marx, he uses magic. He is an Elite who can handle any task with excellent skill.

Camilla Profile:

Starting Class: Revenant Knight

Elder sister of the Nohrian royal family.
She dotes over her younger brother (sister) to the point where she would kill other people for them without a care.

Elise Profile:

Starting Class: Rod Knight

The youngest child of the Nohrian royal family with a naive personality. Though not related to the protagonist by blood, she talks to them as if they were her real family.

Garon Profile:

Stern King of the Nohr

The King of Nohr. The father who raised the protagonist. With natural suspicion of others and lust for power, he is an ambitious person who intends to invade the Kingdom of Hoshido.

Nix Profile:

Secluded Shaman

Starting Class: Dark Mage

A shaman who lives in the Kingdom of Nohr. Contrary to her appearance of a young girl, she is incredibly mature. Though she is an incredibly talented shaman, she lives a quiet life as a fortune teller despite being within an unstable society.

Charlotte Profile:

Savage Girl Power

Starting Class: Axe Fighter

A mercenary of the border of the Kingdom of Nohr. She can be seen as a truly kind girl by anyone who talks to her, but this is just a play to get any man under her control. Her true nature is that of a strong yet crude hand to hand fighter. She dreams of marrying into high wealth and social status.

Benoit Profile:

Gentle Protector

Starting Class: Knight

A mercenary of the border of the Kingdom of Nohr. The same as Charlotte.
He is a great man with a scary face that both his allies and enemies fear. However, he is nice inside and always thinking of his comrades. He carries a homemade charm with him into battle.

Gunther Profile:

Distinguished Veteran Knight

Starting Class: Great Knight

A Knight who has served the Kingdom of Nohr for a long time and made his name due to his distinguished military service. He watches over the Protagonist during their campaign in a strict yet gentle way.

Felicia Profile:

Diligent (?) Maid

Starting Class: Maid

The Maid who serves the Protagonist by doing all the tasks they need in the Kingdom of Nohr. While she is brave and tries her best, she still makes a lot of mistakes.

Joker Profile:

Silver Haired Steward

Starting Class: Butler

Serves as a steward to the Protagonist within the Kingdom of Nohr.
He has keen intellect, and does everything from housework to odd jobs with great skill. However, he is rather unsociable to anybody who is not the Protagonist.

Suzukaze

Polite Green Shinobi

Starting Class: Shinobi

Comes from a family that has served the Hoshido for generations.
He does not serve a particular master, and so just serves the castle itself. He is polite and has quite a composed personality.

Cyrus

A fledgling Knight brimming with wisdom

Starting Class: Cavalier

A new knight in the Kingdom of Nohr, and the Protagonist's childhood friend.
He has kind spirit that is always thinking of his friends. However, he is a very wary person as well, who would sacrifice himself for an ally who had let their guard down.

All of the characters' dialogue in the same order as above. Translated from a transcript provided by egobarrier. I did not have time to cross check the transcript, so if you see any issues please notify me. I trust you egobarrier! (Please keep in mind that dialogue in Japanese is context heavy, and so some things may not really make sense and I often had to guess work to make a proper sentence...)

Aqua

I am Aqua. I was...the Princess of the Kingdom of Nohr...

Ryouma

Somehow, I get the feeling we have awoken something truly frightening...

Takumi

Mother seems to also want it this way.

Hinoka

We...we finally met...after so long, I...

Sakura

I really want to be helpful to my dear elder brother Kamui...

Mikoto

It is fine, Kamui. You are a Prince of the Hoshido...

Tsukuyomi

Hmph... you all are very lucky to have me along for the ride.

Rinka

That previous surprise attack was unacceptable.

Orochi

1: Is that fine, Lord Kamui?

2: There are many tools here that can use spells. It's a pretty snug place.

Marx

Amazing, Kamui. You have become strong.

Leon

As expected of my elder brother Marx.

Camilla

Alas, it seems the day you become free has finally come.

Elise

Kamui?! Brother...?!

Garon

Kukuku... you appear to be upset.

Nyx

You are a hundred years too early to be treating ME like a child...

Charlotte

1: Ah! That's right, sorry it took me so long to say... my name is Charlotte.

2: Fufufu...I got acquainted with quite the influential person hmm?

Benoit

1: ...yeah.

Gunther

1: Is that alright? Though it is dark outside, it is already morning. Today shall be a training day.

2: It is forbidden to act on your own judgement, Lord Kamui.

Felicia

Please have a nice day, Lord Kamui! Lord Marx has been waiting a long time~

Joker

1: It has been said this forest is haunted by spirits that have gathered.

2: Huh? But it is only natural you old geezer. Or shall Lord Kamui have to suffer this these wounds he's gained?

Suzukaze

1: It is great you are safe... Prince Kamui.

2: Elder brother, please trust in Lord Kamui...

Cyrus

1: This life I was taught about... I am ready to throw it all away for you at any time.

2: I'm really happy I was able to meet you again, as your best friend.

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, though some of these are familiar, good job all the same Kiro.

Indeed, I translate all of them just due to being completionist. xD They were pretty similar to the magazine translations indeed, still, nice to have them all in one place I think.

Customize Kamui's "style/tone"? Does this mean, tone of voice? Like, personality? Intriguing...

Thanks for your hard work again. Although, you missed that "Kingdom of Nohr" typo in Rinka's bio again. :P

Customize Kamui's "style/tone"? Does this mean, tone of voice? Like, personality? Intriguing...

Thanks for your hard work again. Although, you missed that "Kingdom of Nohr" typo in Rinka's bio again. :P

That was in JP Awakening, I think. It's something that stands out more in Japanese than English, or so I hear. (like, speaking style, ore, boku, watashi, or atashi)

Unless the site means something entirely different.

Edited by L95

Thanks Kirokan.

Confirmation that Kamui was taken from Hoshido when they were too young to remember. One kinda-sorta-mystery solved.

Sumeragi is the name of Kamui's dad. I doubt it'll be important, but it's good to know.

Are Tsukuyomi's eyes huge? They look big even by anime standards to me.

Charlotte is referred to as Savage Girl Power. Savage Girl Power. There is something incredibly amusing about that.

Thanks again Kirokan. So far I'm liking the cast of If (except for Charlotte. Her Savage Girl Power won't make me forget how creepy she is.)

Edited by Honey Bunny

Rinka Profile:

The Aloof Flame

Starting Class: Oni

She is from the Tribe of Flames, which is an independent group from the Kingdom. Following her father (the chief)'s orders, she moved to assist the Kingdom of Nohr.

lol. You keep doing that.

The siblings don't get special titles?

Charlotte is referred to as Savage Girl Power. Savage Girl Power. There is something incredibly amusing about that.

I'm reminded of this meme for some reason.

f6f.png

Sorry about the Nohr mix up! xD I changed it on my post but not in my transcript file, hence why it repeated here. I swear it's fixed on the transfixed image that's coming up though! Fixed in main post too!

Edited by Kirokan

The siblings don't get special titles?

I'm reminded of this meme for some reason.

f6f.png

Indeed, the siblings got no special titles, and Mikoto/Garon have no starting classes (guess they are not playable)

Out of curiosity, were you able to translate the story dialogue in the profiles?

Thanks for these translations btw, you rock!

Thanks for the translations, Kirokan. You have no idea how grateful i am for that.

So Hoshidan ruler's name is Mikoto. I was expecting Himiko, but it works. (its pretty close tbh) Shes awfully young looking to have such grown children....

Nyx really interests me and so does Orochi.

You're welcome everyone! It took awhile but hope it comes in handy.

Out of curiosity, were you able to translate the story dialogue in the profiles?

Thanks for these translations btw, you rock!

I wanted to, but the quality was often too low to be able to read some of the words on some of them... I could read some but not others, and since I wanted to be consistent decided not to translate those. : ) I would have loved to though!

I also erased Voice Actor info, because Japanese names are really hard to put together without additional information. xD

Thanks for the translations, Kirokan. You have no idea how grateful i am for that.

So Hoshidan ruler's name is Mikoto. I was expecting Himiko, but it works. (its pretty close tbh) Shes awfully young looking to have such grown children....

Nyx really interests me and so does Orochi.

I was expecting Himiko as well, that would have been a nice one. Maybe in the localization? xD

You're welcome everyone! It took awhile but hope it comes in handy.

I wanted to, but the quality was often too low to be able to read some of the words on some of them... I could read some but not others, and since I wanted to be consistent decided not to translate those. : ) I would have loved to though!

I also erased Voice Actor info, because Japanese names are really hard to put together without additional information. xD

I was expecting Himiko as well, that would have been a nice one. Maybe in the localization? xD

I put the new VAs in the VA thread, if you actually want them on your images.

Out of curiosity were there a lot of images that were too hard to make out? If it was only a few a second set of eyes might help.

At any rate, thanks for putting in the effort.

We had just Tharja. If you count shamans and druids we add sophia and Nimme. I kinda forget their personalities but i think at least one of them were mature.

Sophia was pretty much a prophetess. She was very shy and spoke with a lot of ellipses. But she was far from childish.

And Niime was wise, but holy shit her supports with Hugh.