Known Information (2nd June)

VincentASM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone link me to the picture of Zero, the supposed Nohrian Thief with an eyepatch.

I'm not sure about the specific picture, but he's the highlighted character here:

MyCastle-048.jpg

Well, it's definitely confirmed that Tsubaki is a man now.

On the characters page of the FE:if official site it shows the Hoshido side, the Nohr side and at the bottom it has Hoshido and Nohr common characters. We already knew they were recruitable in both routes, but now when any new characters are added we'll know which route(s) they're in.

Well, it's definitely confirmed that Tsubaki is a man now.

On the characters page of the FE:if official site it shows the Hoshido side, the Nohr side and at the bottom it has Hoshido and Nohr common characters. We already knew they were recruitable in both routes, but now when any new characters are added we'll know which route(s) they're in.

Famitsu already did this starting from their second feature ^^

Is anyone else curious about Kamui's sword, Yatogami? He or she is always seen with it but I don't think we've been told what it's effects are.

Yeah, I am. I think it's a Katana, since it drops Defence and Resistance.

Would be nice if it was effective vs something.

I think the game could sell reasonably well; maybe not as Awakening, but still impressive numbers. I guess it depends on many factors, but Awakening had the advantage of being released at the peak of the 3DS, while FE if is coming out towards its tail end.

As for all the controversies, well any news--bad or good--is good for publicity, so maybe it'll have a beneficial factor?

Either way, I figure once the game comes out, people will start talking about it and enjoying it and then all the haters will start to mellow and hopefully reconsider and eventually accept the game ^^

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since you're an admin and seem to be at least somewhat fluent in Japanese, can I assume you'll be importing and playing the Japanese versions of the game?

I`m so hyped for this game, I`m looking forward to see how the story will unfold and how the new characters develop (if they will that is). The wait for locolasation will be long, but I have other games to keep me occiupied in the meantime.

I hope this game sells well, seeing the uproar caused by the "Fire Emblem Amie" as people call it. I still think it will sell well, but I`m worried at the same time.

Not long untill this game is out in Japan, and yet there`s still more info on the way. My biggest concern is that marriage hasn`t been confirmed yet, though I can still hope for it to return.

I have games to keep me occupied but FE if is so high on my wish list that I'll be counting down the days till I can play it. I haven't been this impatient for a game since Smash Bros 4.

I'm going to miss coming here and enjoying the wonderful translations of Vincent, whoever runs the Kantopia blog (can't remember his/her name) and getting weekly updates though. I'll be going cold turkey for 6 months :/

Who is that in the very bottom right of the character select menu in this image?

ND-if-3105-014.jpg

Technically, we don't know "who" they are yet. They haven't been revealed, but their name is Asama, and s/he has a funky haircut.

Probably a male Priest, considering the gender symmetry they're going for (even though we have two/three female Wyvern Riders so far and not a male in sight).

Also, I just realised I typo'd his/her name on the site. Half-asleep Vincent strikes again >___<

Here's something I just noticed: all the Nohr siblings have the advantage against Hoshido in the new weapon triangle

Marx, a paladin with lances, beats Ryouma the Trueblade.

Camilla, with axes, beats Hinoka.

And Leon's and Elise's* magic beat Takumi's and Sakura's* bows.

*When promoted

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Here's something I just noticed: all the Nohr siblings have the advantage against Hoshido in the new weapon triangle

Marx, a paladin with lances, beats Ryouma the Trueblade.

Camilla, with axes, beats Hinoka.

And Leon's and Elise's* magic beat Takumi's and Sakura's* bows.

*When promoted

And rounding it out, Aqua's lance bests Kamui's sword. Nohr genes are clearly superior.

Though while Sakura with bows loses to Strategist Elise, she would win against Maid Elise if that is the other option. And at least one Pegasus promotion gains bows, giving the advantage to Hinoka (albeit not via Weapon Triangle). But eh, details.

And rounding it out, Aqua's lance bests Kamui's sword. Nohr genes are clearly superior.

Though while Sakura with bows loses to Strategist Elise, she would win against Maid Elise if that is the other option. And at least one Pegasus promotion gains bows, giving the advantage to Hinoka (albeit not via Weapon Triangle). But eh, details.

Hoshido: "After them! Nohr, they're running away, kidnapped our child!"

Kamui: "NO! Take me with you! Faster! Quick! The useless is after us!"

Wasn't their a level 40 Felecia in the My Castle presentation?

Implications.

It's unusual, but not deconfirmation that Rod Knight promotes to Maid/Butler and Strategist.

If anything, perhaps already promoted units like Felicia can gain 20 extra Levels.

Or maybe now you get skills based on the number of level ups the character has in a class, rather than the level itself. That would allow one to get skills from multiple promoted classes. filling the 6 slots, and extra reserves, even without second seals reseting the levels. Maybe skills from 1st tier classes could be gotten in their 2nd tier too, under that system.

Edited by NeonZ

It's unusual, but not deconfirmation that Rod Knight promotes to Maid/Butler and Strategist.

If anything, perhaps already promoted units like Felicia can gain 20 extra Levels.

Ryouma is level 20 in that case though. And I'd be surprised if Felicia got to level 40 with less than 30 HP, even though we can see that units are not put automatically at their level cap during an actual battle. Still, everyone around is pretty low in that regard and in their base class, so unless they're doing Felicia solos for promotional material, something's amiss here.

Anyone else finds it strange that player units apparently have infinite movement during MC battles? (I'm referring to the same scene with Lv. 40 Felicia.)

Yes, but it also displays the movement/attacking range of a unit. Felicia, Ryouma, Sakura all have infinite movement.

Edited by Ryo

Ryouma is level 20 in that case though. And I'd be surprised if Felicia got to level 40 with less than 30 HP, even though we can see that units are not put automatically at their level cap during an actual battle. Still, everyone around is pretty low in that regard and in their base class, so unless they're doing Felicia solos for promotional material, something's amiss here.

Good point. Although I wouldn't say that's deconfirmation either.

Everything so far points to Maid being a promoted class that promotes from Rod Knight (Felicia and Gunter having Rod Knight skills, access to Strategist--a possible Rod Knight promotion--and Felicia possibly granting promoted Pair Up bonuses).

That said, I guess I should look into all the evidence that points to Maid/Butler being a Special class instead ala Villager. The only thing I can think of is the higher max Level though, which could mean anything right now o__o

If all else fails, I'll just hack Elise into a Maid XD

I really, really hope Maid/Butler is a special class. It's nothing major, I know, but Rod Knight promoting into Maid just sounds... stupid.