Partial(?) world map from official site

VincentASM

So you can see a bit of the world map on the official site--in the "About" page.

Sadly, it's really stylised and hard to make out details... but that's nothing Photoshop can't handle for now!

fe-if-world-map-ps2.jpg

There's definitely a lot of details, although of course it's still hard to make out everything.

Clearly the Hoshidan capital is the building to the far east, behind the "great wall". I'm assuming Nohr's capital is the circular city to the north-west?

Also, that "chasm" in the central mountain range looks even more ominous...

Again, kick me if this was discussed to death.

Assuming that's Hoshido's capital in the north-east, then getting between Nohr and Hoshido must be pretty difficult. Either go way down south around the mountains or cross that one teeny little bridge. Assuming that's accurate and not stylised anyway.

That chasm is really creepy though...

Maybe there's some volcanic activity coming from that chasm, and ash fallout is the reason why Nohr is the "kingdom of darkness"?

I'm intrigued by the bay to the south with the towns on both sides and islands in the middle. I smell battles at sea coming up, as a way to bypass the scary mountain range.

Maybe there's some volcanic activity coming from that chasm, and ash fallout is the reason why Nohr is the "kingdom of darkness"?

I'm intrigued by the bay to the south with the towns on both sides and islands in the middle. I smell battles at sea coming up, as a way to bypass the scary mountain range.

But that would make their crop yield better, if they are still getting sunlight. Isn't that why Nohr invaded, or am I getting Garon confused with Ganon?

Also, that "chasm" in the central mountain range looks even more ominous...

Again, kick me if this was discussed to death.

It must signify the huge political rift between Hoshido and Nohr. ...I'll show myself out the door for that one.

And is there anything that hasn't been discussed to death on this forum. I'm kidding. But soon this will be beaten like a dead horse.

Joking aside, they're really going for that "Hoshido is the shining city on the hill, and Nohr is practically a pit" image, aren't they. Why is Nohr even built over (within?) a crater, though. Lol. Looks like they're settled into a valley within the mountains, and they're pretty landlocked from the looks of it, the left side of the map be damned.

Is that a third kingdom that could possibly be involved in the Third Path DLC in the bottom left? There's a wall separating it from what's likely Nohr.

Hey, that windmill to the south-west of the Hoshidan capital looks familiar!

I wonder where the bridge battle takes place, though. Hoshido doesn't seem to have a lot of rivers.

Assuming that's Hoshido's capital in the north-east, then getting between Nohr and Hoshido must be pretty difficult. Either go way down south around the mountains or cross that one teeny little bridge.

Unless, of course, you're a royal who can do the the dragon vein thing!

My guess is that the stuff beyond the southwest wall, as well as the area south of the mountains on the right half are two other countries. The river or the forest south of Nohr may also mark a natural border and the area could be yet another country.

I'm assuming Hoshido is the largeish area in the top right, in which case it's interesting that it seems to have a wall big enough to appear on its own on the map around its capital inside its own borders.

Edited by Book Bro

Nohr must have either a lot of ships or an elite group of pegasus knights or wyvern ryders to invade Hoshido. Because that place has great defensive position geographically.

Also, I'm wondering if the clans are spread out are all relatively close to each other...

Once again, thank you. Here, let me rub your face to show you my appreciation.

That's a great map ! It remind me of Sacred Stone, and TES, especially Morrowind with those Mushroom forests.

Maybe even D&d.

This is very interesting!

So there's at least one more nation on the continent: South of Nohr behind the wall. I can't imagine why Nohr would have a wall big enough to show on map in the middle of their own land. Unless the land beyond was conquered by them before I guess.

The area South-West of Hoshido could be another nation. The building(?) among trees could be a shrine of some sort too.

Finally, the river right South of Nohr capital would be a logical natural border between countries, but I don't see Nohr being that small so...