Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the force streamed down the hill it found a well defended position. The guns roared and the rebels fell. However the battle wasn't flawless. You see a corpse laying on the ground.

Dear Bossanova you are The Preacher, the Vordani 1x Dayvig

It is now day 2. There are 72 hours remaining in the phase. With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer. Still waiting on a response about a sub.

NO, I DESERVED TO BE THE N1 KILL

Considering Snike's flip, I'm pretty certain that Vhaltz is town. I'm kinda caught up with more important things so I'll do a proper post tomorrow.

##Vote: Excellen

Snike flip makes Excellen look worse. Excellen had a suspicion on Snike, but it wasn't very hard pressed compared to his fos on me and not even as memorable as his fos on Quote. Snike himself never really comments on how he interprets much Excellen's behaviour, outside a weak meta read (Is "taking the game seriously" an Excellen towntell?) nor does he follow up on the few questions he asked him. Clearly the attitude there is not to chase Excellen down.

The 1v1 thing might be a clever scum gambit. Vhaltz isn't town yet.

shouldn't it be 9 players alive? anyway uh

from how the wagons went down I'm assuming Snike was either bussed or his buddies weren't around enough to propose a valid counterwagon, and the latter seems much more likely. people I think are most worth looking into with this in mind:

- RoseSGS

- Excellen

- MancerNecro / Eurykins

- Paperblade / Lord Gaius

Of the above, RoseSGS' #147 bugs me a lot since Rose is "against" the Vhaltz wagon but there's no solid condemnation of it, like they just didn't want to get their hands dirty. I don't have anything too interesting on the slots that've already gotten subs. Excellen was leaning town to me D1 but if you look at his posting history it's pretty awkward how he tip-toed around voting Snike - in #196 he has no priorities between Rapier and Snike but picks Rapier, then once Rapier is dead, in #264 he still suspects Snike but withholds his vote. Want him to explain what he was thinking when placing his vote at the end of both those posts.

yolo's the only vote on Snike I'm particularly concerned about. RE: #317: in the post you replied to I mentioned how Via and both Snike voters other than Vhaltz were still up for the other wagon. What made you think interest in the wagon was dead?

Of the others, Shin's turn-around was unnatural but also tied the wagons to no scum benefit. kirsche's play and wagon position are solid. scum!Vhaltz is conspiracy-tier as it stands. I would buy scum!Shin over kirsche or Vhaltz, but I don't think it's worth pursuing over the four listed players.

##Vote: RoseSGS

Want to focus on the null voters today and Rose is the worst of them.

The 1v1 thing might be a clever scum gambit. Vhaltz isn't town yet.

I thought about this and scum!Vhaltz is only plausible if you think the team was banking on Rapier getting lynched and Bossanova's vig fucked them over. I found Vhaltz's approach to the Snike wagon was pretty solid. It's not worth pursuing today regardless.

Oh yeah of course I'm not even close to considering that over the likes of Excellen and stuff.

Nice catch with holding the Snike vote. I didn't even analyse his voting pattern that closely. Really want an Excellen lynch now.

oh wait I thought Shin was the third vote for some reason... yeah that makes me feel a lot more certain about you and a lot less certain about Shin.

Pretty sure it was Yolo's vote that killed my wagon and spiked Snike's though? I'm pretty sure it was 3/3 and it became 4/2 with yolo's vote although I can get the confusion since the votecounts were never in order.

I was thinking Bossa was the most likely to be scum on the wagon if anybody, since his pushes weren't memorable and he provided virtually no explanation for his vote. Snike seemed to have given up at that point too, but the flip clears that up so welp.

Also didn't reread but I'd still vote within the same pool I mentioned yesterday and Prims brought up back there, except probably Mancer.

Will finish rereads and check the Excellen case tomorrow when I'm not tired as shit.

kirsche made it 3/3. Via made it 3/2 by switching to Paper. YOLO made it 4/1.

Since YOLO's switch came after Via's, I don't consider it telling from a VCA standpoint. kirsche already looks townie on play imo, but I think kirsche tying the wagons is pretty town bc Snike didn't have to become a big wagon if he kept voting you. Shin's vote looks less solid if it's the second because he could've been scum who thought the Vhaltz wagon would persist and wanted to muddy up interactions in the meantime. However, I don't have any big problems with his play or Snike interactions besides the turn-around itself seeming unnaturally quick.

Well shit I thought Via's Paper vote had come later. Scum giving up at that point would still be weird though? cause most people who voiced approval of the Snike wagon were having me as their second option so it's not like my wagon was suddenly non-viable because nobody wanted to lynch me anymore.

And to be fair wrt Shin's quick switch, kirsche was literally calling for a turbo on me the same post he voted snike :V

Vhaltz isn't town yet.

How so? Vhaltz was the first one to call out Snike. You are proposing filthy mafscum would actually decide to draw attention from their lynchwagon, fairly early on day 1, by drawing attention to their scumbuddy's scum behaviour. And that's just dumb.

Not to mention you were calling for a turbo lynch early on D1.

Excellen was leaning town to me D1 but if you look at his posting history it's pretty awkward how he tip-toed around voting Snike - in #196 he has no priorities between Rapier and Snike but picks Rapier, then once Rapier is dead, in #264 he still suspects Snike but withholds his vote. Want him to explain what he was thinking when placing his vote at the end of both those posts.

Choosing between Snike and Rapier was literally a coin toss. Choosing between Snike and kirsche was fairly easy, and I think I already (partially) adressed my reasoning for the vote in the same post. Snike was probably going to get lynched, but I wanted to see if other people would agree with me on kirsche. After that I went to bed and the next day before I would have considered adding my vote, Vhaltz had already put Snike on 6 votes. After that, I didn't particularly care to give Snike the chance to cut short D1, or to have some overzealous other person hammering him, so I withheld my vote.

I'm not asking why you voted kirsche over Snike. I'm asking why after you considered Rapier and Snike equally worthy vote targets earlier, once Rapier died you apparently didn't feel enough conviction in voting Snike (who you seemed to find more suspicious at that point!) and withheld your vote until your kirsche vote.

Shinori now subs I'm for RosSgs

I'll update the OP when I get laptop acess.

Edited by Randa

Rapier got shot while I was asleep. The next day I was busy from waking up till some point in the evening and decided to let the game be till I had time for it. When I sat down for the game, a bunch of things had happened and I decided to take some time and sort my thoughts out before dropping my vote.

As for why I chose rapier over Snike, it might seem to you that I suspected one of either more, but that simply wasn't the case. There was strong anti town behaviour coming from Rapier and a not-so-strong scumread from snike and I had a big issue with deciding how they equated to each other. So in the end I flipped a coin.

Shinori is in for a hell of a time once he reads his night results :^)

Excellen's responses don't really affect my read. I'm OK with a wagon on him but I'm still more interested in tryna get shit out of the non-voters today. My thoughts on everybody will probably change once the folks in my lynch pool have given proper reads.

strong anti town behaviour coming from Rapier and a not-so-strong scumread from snike

Seems pretty easy to compare to me. You even compared it yourself by saying "not-so-strong".

Seriously can we lynch here today?

Excellen whoisscum?