Ever Used Sacrifice?

I don't think I've ever found myself in a spot where the best thing for Micaiah to do in a turn is use Sacrifice as opposed to something else, or even nothing. Outside of boss abuse or something similar, have you ever found yourself using it?

sacrifice can be used as an additional heal if laura is not deployed or otherwise occupied. sacrifice also builds support points between micaiah and the recipient. in slower playthroughs, it can be used to set up a combo with wrath.

fun fact, the skill also removes status effects, like sleep, poison, silence.

This is generally what I use it for, especially once she gets staves and the healing part becomes pretty pointless. Even if she's silenced, she can still use Sacrifice on someone, possibly another stave user to Restore her.

sacrifice can be used as an additional heal if laura is not deployed or otherwise occupied. sacrifice also builds support points between micaiah and the recipient. in slower playthroughs, it can be used to set up a combo with wrath.

Yeah, another healer is always nice. Still, I usually find that having Micaiah, since she dishes out good OR damage even without doubling compared to a lot of the DB for a lot of Part 1, is better doing something to improve my position and control than using a turn to support others. I try to strategize around using Laura as my sole healer, and try to avoid spots where Micaiah HAS to heal. A nice nuke/OHK seems to me more effective, and one can substitute setting up a wrath combo with something more efficient in a lot of cases. Of course, everything is situational, so definitely things to consider.

fun fact, the skill also removes status effects, like sleep, poison, silence.

Wow, 7 years of RD and didn't know that or what the poster above said regarding silence. Definitely puts a whole new light on it. Awesome.

In all honesty, I feel the better question's "have you ever NOT used Sacrifice?". It's free EXP, as mentioned earlier. A decent status remover. And it's good for quick heals Laura can't cover. Not to mention, it makes it easier for Miccy to get crits w/Wrath.

Used it once in the first playthrough.

I've always thought the skill to be useless, but reading this thread changes my mind and makes me consider using it in future replays...

Unfortunately for Micaiah, she rarely faces enemies capable of inflicting status blights. Not to mention that by the time she does, Restoration Staffs are easy to come by. The fact that she can still use Sacrifice while silences is also meaningless since she is basically guaranteed to be the last spellcaster that enemies with Silence staffs will bother to target.

Edited by BrightBow

She has a 90% Res growth to be exact. This is a growth rate only matched by other people's HP growth.

Of course that means that even if she is targeted, they are extremely unlikely to actually hit her.

Edited by BrightBow

I used it once...yeah once Laura comes along it becomes kinda useless. And once she gets staves, same thing. She has to be right next to someone to use it, so that makes its usefulness suffer. Physic staves anyone? Much better option than putting her in the line of fire.

Unfortunately for Micaiah, she rarely faces enemies capable of inflicting status blights. Not to mention that by the time she does, Restoration Staffs are easy to come by. The fact that she can still use Sacrifice while silences is also meaningless since she is basically guaranteed to be the last spellcaster that enemies with Silence staffs will bother to target.

To be fair, the chapter where you actually get a Restore staff is one where you're rather tight for unit slots.

If you wanna maximize BEXP gain you can Sacrifice a wounded unit with Micaiah and then heal Micaiah with Laura.

Laura's great in 4-3. Extra staffer is never bad there with those assface bishops in the lower right. Is miccy's sacrifice skill usable when she is silenced?

Laura's great in 4-3. Extra staffer is never bad there with those assface bishops in the lower right. Is miccy's sacrifice skill usable when she is silenced?

Yes. Though outside of Lekain's aoe silence, I highly doubt enemies would even try to silence her anyways.