I have a budget, and the STEAM SALE is coming up.

MacLovin

if ff7 doesn't work on a psx emulator, it might not work via steam.

I haven't tried it on a PSX emulator yet, but I found a site that had benchmark testing for a good majority of PC games including the FF7 port. Looks like I'm good *I hope*

Although the same benchmark said FF8 would not work, so *crosses fingers*

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a steam key for Blades of Time-Limited Edition, would anyone be willing to trade for a C&C game?

My steam wallet is empty, and I'm still waiting for the refunds on AoW3 and a few other games. (Refund was approved.)

I'm keep Eodor and FE. They just about run with minimal lag. THough Eodor has a cheating AI and FE has a slow as shit learning curve.

Ah, yes, the Steam Summer Sale. The time where I add to my ever-growing collection of "games I think I'll like and hope I'll play some day."

As far as your list, the only ones I'm familiar with are:

Transistor - a good game with some good writing, though the combat system might take a while to really get used to. If you ever get used to it.

Long Live the Queen - not recommendable for just anyone, as previously mentioned there's a lot of trial and error (and you might even want to take notes), but it is a pretty good branching visual novel.

It's not on your list, but the Portal games are on sale today. If you don't have them, I'd say you should seriously consider getting the bundle. If your refund comes in time, I guess.

On another note, Valkyria Chronicles is on sale, only 5 bucks for a great game. But if you cant play Homeworld Remastered then I dont think you can play Valkyria Chronicles due to the similar system requirements.

Which C&C game?

RA 3

it looks sooo fun.

tib 3 looks cool too., but I'm just waiting for the refund.

probly shoulda realized that pc spec benchmark apps don't clarify "low".

I hope I get my cash back before the C&C games go back up to 60%+ off.

Edited by Starfox

On another note, Valkyria Chronicles is on sale, only 5 bucks for a great game. But if you cant play Homeworld Remastered then I dont think you can play Valkyria Chronicles due to the similar system requirements.

And VC comes with all the DLC included just in the purchase of the game. So $5 games + all DLC. I already bought it before but all DLC included is such a boon.

This is my first major Steam sale--so I was quite surprised in how almost all the games on my wishlist was on sale. Like holy... I should look up when their major sales are.

Making choices is so hard. (Though I'm considering Dust: An Elysian Tale, the more classic Sonic games, Portal bundle, FFVII).

Has anyone played Original War?

The concept is nice, but the graphics look a little muddled to me.

And how about the Cultures (Northland and 8th wonder of the world) series on Steam? They're really cheap.

Edited by Starfox

Dont wanna sound rude but that Cultures games look like some cheap knock-off of some old rts that I will not play even if it's free.

Warhammer 40K: Soulstorm is 7 bucks, great choice here. Space Ranger HD is 4 bucks. It's a 2D space sim game, a good choice if you are into space sim but cannot afford highly demanding games. Defcon is 2 bucks. Lol, Cossacks games are just 2 bucks. Forget your Cultures and Original War, if you want a cheap good old rts, Cossacks is a great choice. It's one of the more unique old rts with a really fun gameplay. There are different versions of Cossacks but all of them are fun, just choose the newest version.

There are Kohans, these games are great too but they are currently not on the sale list. They have unique gameplay and easy to control resource system.

In fact, I will get Cossacks for the shake of childhood memory.

Edited by Magical CC

Dont wanna sound rude but that Cultures games look like some cheap knock-off of some old rts that I will not play even if it's free.

Warhammer 40K: Soulstorm is 7 bucks, great choice here. Space Ranger HD is 4 bucks. It's a 2D space sim game, a good choice if you are into space sim but cannot afford highly demanding games. Defcon is 2 bucks. Lol, Cossacks games are just 2 bucks. Forget your Cultures and Original War, if you want a cheap good old rts, Cossacks is a great choice. It's one of the more unique old rts with a really fun gameplay. There are different versions of Cossacks but all of them are fun, just choose the newest version.

There are Kohans, these games are great too but they are currently not on the sale list. They have unique gameplay and easy to control resource system.

In fact, I will get Cossacks for the shake of childhood memory.

I have about $1.41 in my steam wallet and $26 pending. Steam is so slow.

My internet is so laggy right now. It's gonna take 3 hours for C&C RA to fully DL.

(Thanks Clipsey!)

I'm actually looking at Warhammer 40K+Either Soulstorm or Dark Crusade (Which one offers more variety and new stuff?), The pack with Defcon+Darwinia, The Blitzkrieg games, Supreme Commander1/Forged Alliances, ,Dominions 4 Long Live the Queen, maybe Space Ranger HD and the Cossacks Bundle.

Bejesus steam.

Edited by Starfox

I have about $1.41 in my steam wallet and $26 pending. Steam is so slow.

My internet is so laggy right now. It's gonna take 3 hours for C&C RA to fully DL.

(Thanks Clipsey!)

I'm actually looking at Warhammer 40K+Either Soulstorm or Dark Crusade (Which one offers more variety and new stuff?), The pack with Defcon+Darwinia, The Blitzkrieg games, Supreme Commander1/Forged Alliances, Long Live the Queen, maybe Space Ranger HD and the Cossacks Bundle.

Bejesus steam.

Soulstorm, more units, more races and the most important part is you need it to play most mods.

I can vouch for Age of Empires II, if you really like RTS - although AoE is a very simple one. Mythology is a bit harder, but it all amounts to timing. Both are excellent, though.

I don't know about the rest. Since I like raising sims with visual novel stuff and it's cheap, I'd buy Long Live the Queen, but I'd feel weird for playing that game, damn my biases. But I'll surely buy Torchlight II, Valkyria Chronicles and, if I can, I'll get Dragon Commander as well. The Witcher series seem interesting, but the newest game is expensive here (around 90 bucks here even in the summer sale), so I might buy the older ones instead.

Is there a chance for AoW III to become cheaper? It's 34 bucks here.

This is my first summer sale. I now know the madness most people were speaking about.

Edited by Rapier

about a week ago, AoW3 Deluxe Edition was 11 bucks on GoG.

I'm just patiently waiting for my refund. thankfully my college weeks are usually only 4 days.

Edited by Starfox

I can vouch for Age of Empires II, if you really like RTS - although AoE is a very simple one. Mythology is a bit harder, but it all amounts to timing. Both are excellent, though.

I don't know about the rest. Since I like raising sims with visual novel stuff and it's cheap, I'd buy Long Live the Queen, but I'd feel weird for playing that game, damn my biases. But I'll surely buy Torchlight II, Valkyria Chronicles and, if I can, I'll get Dragon Commander as well. The Witcher series seem interesting, but the newest game is expensive here (around 90 bucks here even in the summer sale), so I might buy the older ones instead.

Is there a chance for AoW III to become cheaper? It's 34 bucks here.

This is my first summer sale. I now know the madness most people were speaking about.

The Witcher is currently at some ridiculous discount right now. If you're interested, now's the time to get it!

The Witcher is currently at some ridiculous discount right now. If you're interested, now's the time to get it!

His pc has trouble with CIV5. The Witcher series is known for its surprisingly high system requirements. It's not about the graphics but the poor tuning.

His pc has trouble with CIV5. The Witcher series is known for its surprisingly high system requirements. It's not about the graphics but the poor tuning.

She was speaking to me, though.

I'll facepalm to my own stupidity if Valkyria Chronicles doesn't get the same promotion it had in the first days. It jumped from 9 bucks to 18 bucks here. If it doesn't come back in the Encore Sale, I'll have no choice but to purchase it with its current price.

i hope chroma squad goes for a serious discount.

oh well, time to play with soviet bear soldiers.

agarest wars seems to be fine, except for the times when characters move in the cutscenes.

it's so fucking slow when they do that.

is Supreme Commander 1 any good? I might grab it later if it's off a serious discount. Same with Warhammer 40k and the Avernum srpg games.

Age of Myth is gonna have to wait until the encore sale if my refund doesn't come back by tomorrow.

Edited by Starfox

i hope chroma squad goes for a serious discount.

oh well, time to play with soviet bear soldiers.

agarest wars seems to be fine, except for the times when characters move in the cutscenes.

it's so fucking slow when they do that.

is Supreme Commander 1 any good? I might grab it later if it's off a serious discount. Same with Warhammer 40k and the Avernum srpg games.

Age of Myth is gonna have to wait until the encore sale if my refund doesn't come back by tomorrow.

Yes, it's good. Good old sci-fi style with solid gameplay.

I got my refund back.

I'm not sure if I can fully run AoM, but at 75% off, it's a good deal.

Just blew 2/3rds of my steam wallet on this (AoM, Warhammer40k Pack, and KB Crossworlds.). I think I'll just wait for the SCommander games to go on flash sale alongside HOMM3 and or Chroma Squad/Ironclad Tactics. Hopefully tomorrow's deals are good.

man, I'm gonna go through all my allowance this week getting cash.

which Supreme Commander game is the fun one? I'm thinking of getting 1. Maybe F.A. if there's more factions or w/e. 2 has more bad reviews though. Why?

Is AoW:Shadow Magic/Banner Saga any good?

Edited by Starfox

I got my refund back.

I'm not sure if I can fully run AoM, but at 75% off, it's a good deal.

Just blew 2/3rds of my steam wallet on this (AoM, Warhammer40k Pack, and KB Crossworlds.). I think I'll just wait for the SCommander games to go on flash sale alongside HOMM3 and or Chroma Squad/Ironclad Tactics. Hopefully tomorrow's deals are good.

man, I'm gonna go through all my allowance this week getting cash.

which Supreme Commander game is the fun one? I'm thinking of getting 1. Maybe F.A. if there's more factions or w/e. 2 has more bad reviews though. Why?

Is AoW:Shadow Magic/Banner Saga any good?

Banner Saga is a poor man Fire Emblem. Boring gameplay and all but the story is good. Most of your choices affect nothing. I would rather play FE7 again than playing Banner Saga for a second time.

Shadow Magic is the best turn base strategy ever. You have many factions with innovative gameplay. That mountain blocks your path? Cast a spell to remove it! You want to cross the sea but have no ship? Freeze the sea and walk over it! Or if you have lot of mana, cast spell that gives your units ability to walk on water! Or just summon a boat if you have that spell! It solved 1 of the worst features in Heroes of M&M franchise, when you conquer a town, you are allow to change the town's current faction into any faction you want as long you have already own a town of that faction. Basically, if you own a human town and a goblin town, you have just conquer an orc town...you can any town you own into human town, goblin town or orc town. Heroes are useful and you can use them in combat but they are not very strong and losing them is devastating. Economy is simple, only have two resources, gold and mana. The maps are filled with many buildings and monsters and are fun to exploit.

The units are unique too. It's not about which units have better raw stats but which units are more useful and suit the situation better. The ultimate unit of the elves is a green dragon. While its raw stats is weaker than other dragons, it is invisible while staying in forest, cast spell and breath confusing breath. Dont be surprised if you run into a pack full of these guys and have your whole team hack each other under the effect of their breath. The ultimate unit of the hobbit is a leprechaun, while it is horrible in raw stats, it has superb dodging ability, shoots highly damage magic missile, dispels or steals magical buff, invisible, swims, disables machine-type units and more. Well, they seem to be powerful but when someone has the bright ideal to cast "sure strike" buff on their hardest hitting unit and let it slay all of those leprechauns in cold blood before they have a chance to dispel the buff...or send in the undead ultimate unit who is immune to physic attack and has high magic resistant and a spell that takes away life immediately...

I have only played the first Supreme Commander so I dont know anything about the second game. Lol.

Edited by Magical CC

when shadow magic goes on flash sale/big deals, I'm grabbing it.

SC looks real fun, and might be so.

I'll grab if it's on flash sale.

Panzer Generals/Startopia/Sid Meier's Pirates make up the list of "Games I'll get with leftover cash."

Is Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky good? if it goes on flash sale/big deal, I'll grab.

when shadow magic goes on flash sale/big deals, I'm grabbing it.

SC looks real fun, and might be so.

I'll grab if it's on flash sale.

Panzer Generals/Startopia/Sid Meier's Pirates make up the list of "Games I'll get with leftover cash."

Is Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky good? if it goes on flash sale/big deal, I'll grab.

Ask anyone in this forum and they will say Legend of Heroes is a great game, if not the best. I think it's good too. Its pace is slow but the story and characters are wonderful and well written. I actually cried a little bit playing the game...

Edited by Magical CC

Trails in the Sky is awesome. I recommend it heavily if you're into games with good worldbuilding, characters and good jazzy music. The battle system isn't that creative or new, but it is fun.

Also, Crusader Kings II is very cheap right now. I think it must be around 6 dollars or less. With all the expansions, I think it isn't higher than 14 dollars. I recommend it if you like strategy games where you build your nation and character.

Edited by Rapier