Famitsu 6/11 preview/leaks

Ryo

mycastle-hinoka-prison-300x168.jpg

This may be Hinoka trying to persuade a captive.

This is a generic hoshidan spellcaster, right? Then... why would Hoshido keep captive a hoshidan mage and then try to persuade him to battle with them?

Perhaps the third party consist of both Hoshidan and Nohrian warriors?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 "new" characters and they're almost all from Nohr? Disappointing. Especially considering 3 of them were already revealed on the main site. Can we dispense with the charade and call Luna, Lazward and Odin by their "real" names, Severa, Inigo and Owain? Pieri design could do without the hair extensions. I mean, dual toned blue and pink hair? Really?

Nohr is just filled with crazy women huh? Camilla, Charlotte and now Pieri.

The prison might be fun, especially if you can get a lot of generics and use them as cannon fodder although I'll probably grow attached and love them as though they were my own children.

Crazy? Camilla just has a little dose of some healthy bloodthirst.

This is a generic hoshidan spellcaster, right? Then... why would Hoshido keep captive a hoshidan mage and then try to persuade him to battle with them?

It might not be what you think at all. I thought Kamui was the one to persuade only in the Prison.

Or they could be done persuading and they're wearing the opposite fractions colors now.

Streetpass is a thing remember, also Hoshido seems to have tribes in its land, maybe they are divided? Or have I just been reading things wrong.

Also this capture thing is interesting, not really the Thracian mechanic, but it'll be interesting. Its like a mix of Thracia capture but with Shadow Dragons generic units you got if you let too many people die.

I guess the capture function might also be used to recruit one or two specific unique characters. Kind of a shame that we can't use it to get the generic bosses though.

I think you misunderstood me, I'm talking about a potential not!Lucina in the game, which wouldn't be DLC.

Ohhhh whoops. My bad

I wonder what kind of "logic" they went by with this game's capture mechanic.

If I'm not mistaken, capture in FE5 is determined by Con/Build (which most likely will never come back) or using mounted units (which neither Zero nor Orochi is). I'm sure it's not determined by their classes either because: 1. It doesn't make sense (we're talking about a thief and a mage here); 2. Tsukuyomi doesn't seem to share this ability.

I guess the capture function might also be used to recruit one or two specific unique characters. Kind of a shame that we can't use it to get the generic bosses though.

Well let's think about it on another view here. Nohr, Lunatic+ difficulty and we recruit a generic boss. Yep, sounds believe able and not overpowering.

So with this mechanic, on certain difficulties this is amazing. It's fine by itself just recruiting generic units. I'm itching to create an army mercenaries and get a nick name. "Greil Mercenaries!"

assuming the 7 new characters are split into 3 Nohr-exclusive, 3 Hoshido-exclusive, and 1 available on both, we already have every Nohr additions, and Zero could possibly be the one available in both versions(and I hope he is).

We know that five of the seven (Charlotte, Benoit, Raswald, Odin and Pieri) are Nohr exclusive, while Orochi is Hoshido exclusive. Only one from the seven we don't know for sure is Zero, who's at least on the Nohr side if not both (and he's probably Nohr exclusive to be honest given him and Orochi are the capture people).

Streetpass is a thing remember, also Hoshido seems to have tribes in its land, maybe they are divided? Or have I just been reading things wrong.

Also this capture thing is interesting, not really the Thracian mechanic, but it'll be interesting. Its like a mix of Thracia capture but with Shadow Dragons generic units you got if you let too many people die.

The return of Auffle, Lucer, and Wymp? Oh yeeeaaaah. This is going to be good ;)

I'm the only one who thought that the one-eyed-white-haired-guy should be named Odin ?

Not!Ingo and Not!Owain theories in 3 .. 2 .. 1 ..

Edited by ichikawa

So it turns out the pink things on Pieri's head were dyed pigtails! Who'd have thought? I've been working under the assumption that they were earmuffs or something.

She looks a lot less like Ayanami Rei than I'd expected, too.

3 3 for Hoshido left hope all 3 are interesting.

The remaining characters are said to be Zero, Charlotte, Benoit and Orochi. 3 Nohr and 1 Hoshido. I mean, I guess learning about their personal skill is nice but do we really need the bios of people who are on the OFFICIAL website?

Crazy? Camilla just has a little dose of some healthy bloodthirst.

She's said to be willing to kill for Kamui so that's somewhat Yandere.

The return of Auffle, Lucer, and Wymp? Oh yeeeaaaah. This is going to be good ;)

The highest caliber of recruits for Hoshido/Nohr obviously.