Famitsu 6/11 preview/leaks

Ryo

...there are 2

Does seem like a bit much if you think about it. Let's say Cordelia does get a look-a-like. Then you get three red-heads who are all pegasus warriors, which only adds to the amount of red-heads on Hoshido. Which could be potentially be 6 if you make the Avatar a red-head. And some of the units clothes are red.

Too much red.

He COULD just pull a Gangrel...

I like Gangrel and all but I just... I really did not like how they just threw back into the fray like that, y'know? But his supports were good, my favorite being the ones in the Hot Springs with Aversa and Emmeryn.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Scouting them with resources" meaning:

Okay, do you want to be bribed with this fish, 6 berries, or 2 of these glittery rocks I found on the floor?

...Oh my god, it's like harvest moon ( 。_ 。).

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who keeps thinking of Pokemon Ranger every time the capture feature is mentioned.

Capturing units was a thing in Thracia 776

They almost certainly would, as to not have the story thrown out of the window. I mean c'mon, supporting with Marx after(potentially)killing him? That's just... in my opinion, stupid. So yeah, if you recruit Nohr characters while on Hoshido and vice versa, they'll most likely be blank slates that can't be filled.

Awakening explained the streetpass encounters through the Outrealms, they could do the same here. We are already getting those Amiibo and DLC characters after all, so there's likely going to be some kind of similar excuse for the extra characters that could give them some story existence. So, that would be Marx from an Outrealm!, not the one you just killed. On the other hand, even if they do that, they'd likely need a new set of supports for Marx as a Hoshido unit, so, yes, thinking about it, it's unlikely. Unless, the supports are purposefully written in a very generic way, not making reference to who they're fighting for and who are their enemies.

In a way, characters who follow Kamui to either faction also suffer from a similar issue as far as support dialogue goes. Unless they're purposefully vague in some aspects, the supports between Kamui and the same characters in Hoshido and Nohr, or even among those characters themselves, should end up different.

So, I guess they have an answer to that problem,and could apply it to all characters - either they're going to be purposefully vague about the allegiances and enemies with all supports, or they're actually going to have different versions for each faction.

Edited by NeonZ

Does seem like a bit much if you think about it. Let's say Cordelia does get a look-a-like. Then you get three red-heads who are all pegasus warriors, which only adds to the amount of red-heads on Hoshido. Which could be potentially be 6 if you make the Avatar a red-head. And some of the units clothes are red.

Too much red.

Is Nohr not too much blonde? 8 characters so far and quite a few silver haired people.

Capturing units was a thing in Thracia 776

I know.

Word association between "capture" (as a game mechanic), and "pokemon ranger" is strong through (honestly don't know why though, I've never even played it ఠ_ఠ)

Awakening explained the streetpass encounters through the Outrealms, they could do the same here. We are already getting those Amiibo and DLC characters after all, so there's likely going to be some kind of similar excuse for the extra characters that could give them some story existence. So, that would be Marx from an Outrealm!, not the one you just killed. On the other hand, even if they do that, they'd likely need a new set of supports for Marx as a Hoshido unit, so, yes, thinking about it, it's unlikely. Unless, the supports are purposefully written in a very generic way, not making reference to who they're fighting for and who are their enemies.

In a way, characters who follow Kamui to either faction also suffer from a similar issue as far as support dialogue goes. Unless they're purposefully vague in some aspects, the supports between Kamui and the same characters in Hoshido and Nohr, or even among those characters themselves, should end up different.

So, I guess they have an answer to that problem,and could apply it to all characters - either they're going to be purposefully vague about the allegiances and enemies with all supports, or they're actually going to have different versions for each faction.

Yeah, I guess whatever floats your boat. I just didn't like the Outrealms that much, in certain aspects like using it to explain how some characters come back. I know I'm nitpicking though, so I'll just wait for more info before saying anything more.

Is Nohr not too much blonde? 8 characters so far and quite a few silver haired people.

Seems like all sides suffer from this aspect.

(Thanks a lot to all of you talented persons who translated everything~)

Still can't believe we're getting the children from Awakening all over again. I mean, I liked Severa because she's a divine monster my daughter in-game. But why in the world would I want to play with her perfect clone ? The same goes for Not!Inigo and Not!Owain. I'm a bit disappointed. Happy to see familiar faces, yet disappointed. If I wanted to see them, I'd be playing Awakening one more time. (Which I'm doing now.)

Zero and Pieri are pretty cool, though. But isn't Charlotte already a psycho ? Nohr girl really have some problems.

Hoping Odin uses one of the past games subtitles for his critical attack line. I doubt I'll use multiple dark mages (unless they're the only non-promoted magic users in Nohr) so Nyx is going to be benched whenever I get Owain, even if he ends up being a Nino like recruit.

What are the chances that Lazward's English name will be changed to Westley?

I wonder if we'll have the Capture ability in time for that one chapter where we see all the siblings on the battlefield. If so, then I will guess that we'd probably be able to capture Elise/Sakura at that point, but not the others.

I do feel like Lazward might be too clunky to not get changed in the American version.

Lazwald? :B

No, his name will be Lazard, and the only woman he wants is named Lenneth :P:

Pretty sure it'll be something like Lapis.

---

My first reaction: OMG CAPTURING! Never played Thracia, but it always intrigued me. Wonder how it'll pan out here?

No, his name will be Lazard, and the only woman he wants is named Lenneth :P:Pretty sure it'll be something like Lapis.---My first reaction: OMG CAPTURING! Never played Thracia, but it always intrigued me. Wonder how it'll pan out here?

You should try Thracia sometime!

Also I feel the hiring genetics may just be akin to something from your favorite FE :P

No, his name will be Lazard, and the only woman he wants is named Lenneth :P:Pretty sure it'll be something like Lapis.---My first reaction: OMG CAPTURING! Never played Thracia, but it always intrigued me. Wonder how it'll pan out here?

How does lapis tie into inigo? I mean i get it for azure, but I would not like to see the apparent name parallels go unnoticed just because someone does not know the Japanese name. But i wonder what name would tie into Inigo.

Besides a princess bride reference of course.

^ yeah i enjoyed Thracia it is quite interesting, got a bit stuck on chapter 22 though. :(

Edited by goodperson707

How does lapis tie into inigo? I mean i get it for azure, but I would not like to see the apparent name parallels go unnoticed just because someone does not know the Japanese name. But i wonder what name would tie into Inigo.

^ yeah i enjoyed Thracia it is quite interesting, got a bit stuck on chapter 22 though. :(

lapis lazuli, a blue gemstone

Inigo's Japanese name was Azure. I don't know why they didn't keep it. So if kinda-Inigo's name changes again, it might as well be something similar to the source name (Lazwald, which IS lapis lazuli in another language).

Inigo's Japanese name was Azure. I don't know why they didn't keep it. So if kinda-Inigo's name changes again, it might as well be something similar to the source name (Lazwald, which IS lapis lazuli in another language).

Azure is one of the five gemstones needed to perform the awakening

I do feel like Lazward might be too clunky to not get changed in the American version.

I'd love if his name ended up being Lazlo.

I can totally see where they're going with Lazwald, Odin and Luna, being rehashes homages to some of the poll-winning Awakening characters, children character even, these were the sons/daughters of several player. Choosing Hoshido is betraying loyalty, loyalty not only to Kamui's adoptive family, but loyalty as a veteran fire emblem player and the foundation of the series. Choosing Hoshido will make you fight something resembling the close past of this series and destroy it with your own hands, while choosing Nohr will make you fight change alongside it. This getting meta as hell... Or maybe IS just wanted to reuse children characters to rub it on the faces of those who rushed through awakening on normal/casual and didn't got any children characters.

I can totally see where they're going with Lazwald, Odin and Luna, being rehashes homages to some of the poll-winning Awakening characters, children character even, these were the sons/daughters of several player. Choosing Hoshido is betraying loyalty, loyalty not only to Kamui's adoptive family, but loyalty as a veteran fire emblem player and the foundation of the series. Choosing Hoshido will make you fight something resembling the close past of this series and destroy it with your own hands, while choosing Nohr will make you fight change alongside it. This getting meta as hell... Or maybe IS just wanted to reuse children characters to rub it on the faces of those who rushed through awakening on normal/casual and didn't got any children characters.

I'm PRETTY sure that's not IS attempt but rather see what choice you decide to make.

I think as a previous poster said Azure was a gemstone. Not the best reasoning but i get it. (Azure is one of the names i get mixed up about the most, along with Velvet and a couple of others) And yes Azure is his Japanese name, I still feel that localization should follow through and have Maybe-Inigo's name match his localized name people shouldn't have to know the Japanese name to get the reference. Still have no clue what it would be though. Also, if they turn out to be the saved timeline children i think the names would be related more than as a Gag/reference,ect, and more as a different but similar in some way name to the bad timeline kids. Edited by goodperson707

I think as a previous poster said Azure was a gemstone. Not the best reasoning but i get it. (Azure is one of the names i get mixed up about the most, along with Velvet and a couple of others) And yes Azure is his Japanese name, I still feel that localization should follow through and have Maybe-Inigo's name match his localized name people shouldn't have to know the Japanese name to get the reference. Still have no clue what it would be though. Also, if they turn out to be the saved timeline children i think the names would be related more than as a Gag/reference,ect, and more as a different but similar in some way name to the bad timeline kids.

You don't really need to know japanese that much since Inigo was meant to sound like Indigo, which is similar to the idea behind the name Azure. His name, however, is probably going to be something more direct like Lazuli, Cobalt or something.