6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't people think Palutena and Bowser were going to be high/top tier too? lol

I'm pretty sure pretty every character ever was called "broken" by people after their announcement trailers. They're meant to make the characters look super powerful.

Edited by shinpichu

Oh dear lord. An hour and a half, and I've only managed to put forth the cash to get the big bundle. BUT I STILL CAN'T GET IT BECAUSE SERVER OVERLOAD. I don't understand why Nintendo can't learn from previous issues.

I'm pretty sure pretty every character ever was called "broken" by people after their announcement trailers. They're meant to make the characters look super powerful.

Ah, yeah, you're probably right about that. :P

Finally bought it. Now to download and install it. And then figure out where I can get my bundle on the 3DS.

Edit:...WHY? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME? WHY CAN'T I JUST ENJOY THIS!? WHERE THE HELL IS MY DLC?! I BOUGHT IT! I DOWNLOADED IT! I INSTALLED IT! WHY!? WHY ISN'T IT SHOWING UP!?

Edited by Dai

Whyyyyyyyyyy

Stupid servers

How dare they deny me my Roy D:

/complain

I haven't played since January.

There was an update sitting on my WiiU but it has mysteriously vanished because I can't connect to Nintendo's servers.

...Where is the logic in needing to connect if it's already downloaded? ._.

Didn't people think Palutena and Bowser were going to be high/top tier too? lol

Yes, they did.

However, those were just off of trailers. It's not like with Ryu, who was designed and being promoted as having combos; Smash Bros. was designed around not having combos. It's like bringing a machine gun to a paintball fight.

Yes, they did.

However, those were just off of trailers. It's not like with Ryu, who was designed and being promoted as having combos; Smash Bros. was designed around not having combos. It's like bringing a machine gun to a paintball fight.

You obviously haven't played competitive Smash outside of Brawl. If you think combos aren't a thing.

So Roy's trophy still refers to his weapon as the Sword of Seals (European 3DS version, Classic Mode trophy). That's neat.

And I really liked the fact that the trophy description acknowledges him as a melee veteran. It was kinda strange seeing those trophies of past Smash characters never referencing that.

Edited by BrightBow

You obviously haven't played competitive Smash outside of Brawl. If you think combos aren't a thing.

I'm not a competitive Smash Bros. player; however, I maintain a passing following of it.

What I said was the game wasn't designed around combos; I know combos are a thing in Smash Bros., but they are by no means put there on purpose or meant to be a focus of the game; the competitive community just finds them out and uses them. Sakurai himself even said the main idea behind Smash Bros. was to make a type of casual fighting game without a focus on combos. And besides, SSB4 characters are in general pretty limited when it comes to combos. So, I'll re-word it:

In a game with limited combos, a character like Ryu, who is designed and promoted with combos in mind, comes off as very powerful, high-to-top tier character.

Roy feels very powerful. Or maybe he is just an AI breaker.

Edit: Gee, I was just about to write something about his bad recovery and then I find out that the can now change the angle of his up-B.

Edited by BrightBow

So his Wii U version also calls Roy's blade the Sword of Seals. Glad that this is clarified now.

I am definitely happy I choose Roy over Ryu. He will have to wait until tomorrow.

Edit: So the gamepad needs to be updated very time I change the language settings? I thought it's just a screen, what is there to update?

Edited by BrightBow