6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I'm not liking the DLC character choices so far. Though I do completely understand why cut veterans are among the first to become DLC characters.

And on a side note, I find it a bit strange that no one is calling out Capcom biasedness regarding both Mega Man and Ryu being guest playable characters in Smash. I guess Mega Man and Ryu are that big of gaming icons, so it somewhat makes sense.

I know I'm coming off as quite negative, but I'm still trying to be calm and level-headed about it and at least say something about the big news, since I am a big Smash fan and it'd be kind of weird if I stayed completely quiet about it. Well, I'm at least glad that others are happy about it.

Well also consider that both Megaman and Street Fighter got their start and foundation on Nintendo and Super Nintendo and remained exclusive to those systems for the longest time. Hell arguably the most popular Street Fighter game Street Fighter II and its iterations were all on Super Nintendo. Its along the same lines of reasoning that people want Simon Belmont in as well.

I know Ryu's down B is the focus attack from Street fighter 4. Will it be a counter? Will it be an attack with super armor like in 4?

Yes. Works in the same way that a counter does except in SF 4 you can hold them to charge them for a bit or cancel out of it. Oh and it has super armor for most attacks. In Street Fighter there's alot of things you can do out of it and it essentially gets down to Street Fighter's version of wavedashing.

Edited by LordTaco42

Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy not.. cutting it for you? I completely understand the 3 choices, Mewtwo is the legendary of Pokémon, Lucas is in quite possibly one of the best RPGs the GBA saw and has tons of press because of no localization.

Roy represents the GBA era of Fire Emblem, and now we have each fe console era

Marth. NES, SNES, DS

Roy. GBA

Ike. GC, Wii

Robin and Lucina. 3DS

Plus his fan base is nothing to sneeze at!

People are just happy that they have another game where Capcom characters can be good again outside of PXZ and Street Fighter in the current gen. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Sega and Namco get one more each.

And its fair you have the opinion you do, its your right and I appreciate you aren't being vengeful about it.

We also now have two Marth clones in addition to Marth himself and yet another plain sword wielder. If Roy was actually given a more unique moveset, I'd be less salty myself. But seriously... Similarities to an existing FE rep were why Chrom wasn't added. I understood why Lucina was cloned since she was originally meant to be a Marth alt, but now Sakurai is truly starting to get hypocritical.

I also understand Rando's reasons for not wanting Roy, as they're pretty similar to my own.

But oh well, at least we don't have to buy him or see Roy fans complain anymore.

I do also understand Mewtwo's inclusion, as he was actually unique in Melee and is important to the Pokemon franchise and all. Roy's though, yeah, no.

I also don't like how Roy looks like he stole one of Ike's capes and headbands. Roy never wore tattered clothing, not even in the Awakening DLC art!

Roy's already not a Marth clone with his new fsmash shown and the fact that his neutral B stayed the same. I will say he probably has more subtle move differences like said new Fsmash.

Very exited for Roy's return. I like that they fused his classic design with his new Awakening DLC design. His moves also look a bit different than Marth's animation wise (F-Smash, Neutral B), so he'll definitely be more unique than Lucina, even if he is mostly a clone.

Ryu is cool.

Roy actually looks pretty cool, he looks much older than in both Smash Bros. and Binding Blade. Ryu looks exactly how I'd expect Ryu to look, no surprises there. Personally, I wish I had seen the trailers first, cause it lessened the hype a little bit when Shulk was leaked first. I am tired of leaks, but it's not like you can stop them. I wanted try to avoid them if possible.

I understand where everyone is coming from when people say Roy shouldn't be in, and from an objective standpoint, he shouldn't be in at all, but he was my main in Melee, so I don't really care.

I laughed too hard at this scene.

8IIOCoM.gif

Only seen Roy's render so far, so this is new to me..

What's up with his boots, though? I mean, I'm glad he doesn't look as awful as his DLC portrait in Awakening depicts him, but there's something odd about those boots.

Perhaps I'll get used to it once he's released.

Roy's already not a Marth clone with his new fsmash shown and the fact that his neutral B stayed the same. I will say he probably has more subtle move differences like said new Fsmash.

How is his fsmash different, I didn't see. I really hope this is true.

We also now have two Marth clones in addition to Marth himself and yet another plain sword wielder. If Roy was actually given a more unique moveset, I'd be less salty myself. But seriously... Similarities to an existing FE rep were why Chrom wasn't added. I understood why Lucina was cloned since she was originally meant to be a Marth alt, but now Sakurai is truly starting to get hypocritical.

I also understand Rando's reasons for not wanting Roy, as they're pretty similar to my own.

But oh well, at least we don't have to buy him or see Roy fans complain anymore.

I do also understand Mewtwo's inclusion, as he was actually unique in Melee and is important to the Pokemon franchise and all. Roy's though, yeah, no.

I also don't like how Roy looks like he stole one of Ike's capes and headbands. Roy never wore tattered clothing, not even in the Awakening DLC art!

Ana, you can't just say he's a clone because you haven't seen the rest of his moves yet. Think of it like Ness and Lucas, most of their smash, aerials, and tilts are completely different, and even then the really similar moves have different properties.

What's up with his boots, though? I mean, I'm glad he doesn't look as awful as his DLC portrait in Awakening depicts him, but there's something odd about those boots.

Wait he looked awful in Awakening? I thought he was one of the few that was done really well.

CRAZY THEORY TIME! Maybe the reason Roy and Lucas are becoming DLC is because Mother 3 and Binding Blade are finally being localized! Huh, huh, any takers?

That would probably be the best justification I can think of.

CRAZY THEORY TIME! Maybe the reason Roy and Lucas are becoming DLC is because Mother 3 and Binding Blade are finally being localized! Huh, huh, any takers?

We can dream can't we?

Roy looking awful in awakening dlc lol troll harder plz.

I don't think Roy's DLC art looks awful. It's not exactly amazing to me, but it looks alright. The ones I found to be awful were Marth's, Micaiah's, and Ike's (sadly).

Oh, so that design did have the tatteredness. I still think it looks like he stole it from Ike tho.

Roy's game came before Ike's, so I don't know how you can say this.

In Fire Emblem it is a staple to have the main Lord wear a cape and headband/head accessories. Please stop comparing everything to Ike Ana, it doesn't bother me much, but other people find it very repetitive.

I can confirm this is happening, my uncle works at Nintendo

Roy's game came before Ike's, so I don't know how you can say this.

Easy. Because Roy's original design didn't feature any tattered clothing. And Ike is the first lord in the series to where the specific kind of headband he has (the one that ties around your head and has the "tails").

And why would Roy wear tattered clothing at all, he's a noble...

Edited by Anacybele