6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

I really like this Roy design.

I didn't want them to use his DLC design but they pretty much combined both of his designs in a cool way.

I can dig it.

Sakurai thank you for adding my bby to smash I pay you much money now

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, based on this, it appears that the reason that Mewtwo took so long was that Sakurai, Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai were working on 3 other characters (Lucas, Roy and Ryu) along with Mewtwo.

I wonder how many people are gonna say "Too many fire emblem characters in smash" again.

Just go to the youtube comment section of the Roy video (and Ryu video)

It's about 60% of the comments.

Roy is cool and all and I'm always glad to have another Fire Emblem character on board but damn I'm pumped as hell for Ryu and his render (if real) looks absoulutely amazing. Hell looks almost as good as he does in Street Fighter V

Yeah Roy definitely still looks Marth cloney. But whatever, it's still cool to have him back.

Super salty Ryu got leaked because that would've been the best reveal in Smash history.

No Ken or Akuma ALT for Ryu?

I thought I saw a Ken trophy in those screens so who knows. Although I think Ken's moves and their effects are different enough from Ryu that Sakurai would make him his own character. Even in street fighter their moves have different effects which changes things. Akuma for sure.

Well, darn it. Looks like Roy has the exact same specials. I'm going out on a limb here and hoping he's as different from Marth as Wolf is from Fox.

...Also, seems like it's official that DLC characters won't get custom moves.

And surprise, surprise, Dream Land 64 is returning (from the original sound file leak, almost definitely in both versions). And that's its exact name: Dream Land 64.

I'm hoping for a season pass or something.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Just go to the youtube comment section of the Roy video (and Ryu video)

It's about 60% of the comments.

You guys should be complaining that Ryu speaks English and is totally not a legit experience.

My main is back!

...though I've switched to Ike, then to Marth, then to Robin.

I'm gonna have to relearn him again.

I have to say, I'm not liking the DLC character choices so far. Though I do completely understand why cut veterans are among the first to become DLC characters.

And on a side note, I find it a bit strange that no one is calling out Capcom biasedness regarding both Mega Man and Ryu being guest playable characters in Smash. I guess Mega Man and Ryu are that big of gaming icons, so it somewhat makes sense.

I know I'm coming off as quite negative, but I'm still trying to be calm and level-headed about it and at least say something about the big news, since I am a big Smash fan and it'd be kind of weird if I stayed completely quiet about it. Well, I'm at least glad that others are happy about it.

Thumbs up for the spoiler-free title.

Heh, I don't mind either way, but I was secretly hoping for a Fire Emblem if character.

Maybe next time?

We would never hear the end of how people thought our Franchise got overly-represented.

in fact, some already do

I have to say, I'm not liking the DLC character choices so far. Though I do completely understand why cut veterans are among the first to become DLC characters.

And on a side note, I find it a bit strange that no one is calling out Capcom biasedness regarding both Mega Man and Ryu being guest playable characters in Smash. I guess Mega Man and Ryu are that big of gaming icons, so it somewhat makes sense.

I know I'm coming off as quite negative, but I'm still trying to be calm and level-headed about it and at least say something about the big news, since I am a big Smash fan and it'd be kind of weird if I stayed completely quiet about it. Well, I'm at least glad that others are happy about it.

Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy not.. cutting it for you? I completely understand the 3 choices, Mewtwo is the legendary of Pokémon, Lucas is in quite possibly one of the best RPGs the GBA saw and has tons of press because of no localization.

Roy represents the GBA era of Fire Emblem, and now we have each fe console era

Marth. NES, SNES, DS

Roy. GBA

Ike. GC, Wii

Robin and Lucina. 3DS

Plus his fan base is nothing to sneeze at!

People are just happy that they have another game where Capcom characters can be good again outside of PXZ and Street Fighter in the current gen. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Sega and Namco get one more each.

And its fair you have the opinion you do, its your right and I appreciate you aren't being vengeful about it.

I'm a bit dissapointed at the news that Roy's specials are still similar to Marth, but other then that i'm still quite happy he has returned. I was never really a fan of him in Melee, but I like him in swords of seals and as far as lords go he has one of the better claims to being in smash, thanks to him being a veteran.

I'm less happy that the whole "representation" debate fired up again on a lot of sites. Most of the time there with cries of bias, while there are far better explanations for those choices. Fire Emblem for example has 3 normal characters in Marth, Ike and Robin, One clone in Lucina who can barely be called a characters and did't take any time and now Roy who's in because he's a melee veteran plenty of people missed.