Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE, Upcoming Famitsu/First Scenerio complete

Jedi

They could always add more characters. It will be a waste if they stick with the original cast after having the lore expanded many times. Also, a dlc in which Aeris survives the backstab and becomes Cloud's official girlfriend is almost a certain.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, a dlc in which Aeris survives the backstab and becomes Cloud's official girlfriend is almost a certain.

No, as much as I like Aeris, this would completely ruin the 2nd half of the game and various plot points.

Its not my favorite in the series, but FF7 was my 1st rpg ever and it holds a very dear place in my heart. And after replaying it recently, I realized that I never full understood the story before, but now that i do i can say that its story is amazing and it only gets better the more you play it.

With that said, i really hope they dont fuck this up. Changing the story or the battle system would be a collossal mistake. The materia system needs to stay but updating it (faster, more balanced) would be nice. Additional story, weapons, armor, items, materia, and side quests would be cool. Adding new party members wouldnt be any good but they could certainly add a bunch of cameo appearances. Fix the translation errors, and the M def bug on armor. stuff like that.

Im curious to see how they handle the world map, and whether they go with Aeris or Aerith. Personally, I would prefer the properly translated name.

Like many other people have said before, I finally have a reason to buy a PS4.

They should add Gag what-if moments:

- Sephiroth comes down to stab Aerith but is a few inches off an breaks his legs.

- Cid forgets to drink his god damn tea.

Do the most up-to-date games have an optional blooper reel? Because if so. . .

Have various characters trip on the way up the bajillion stairs in Shinra HQ. Or have them complain about taking the stairs, as opposed to the elevator. :P:

Do the most up-to-date games have an optional blooper reel? Because if so. . .

Have various characters trip on the way up the bajillion stairs in Shinra HQ. Or have them complain about taking the stairs, as opposed to the elevator. :P:

Doesn't Barret already do this if you take the long way? Basically with Tifa telling him to stop whining? xD

Doesn't Barret already do this if you take the long way? Basically with Tifa telling him to stop whining? xD

I'd rather have Cloud complain about it. Because it's so very out of character for him.

I'd rather have Cloud complain about it. Because it's so very out of character for him.

Ok that would be amusing. At the bottom of the stairs

"Lets Mosey!"

Several Floors later... MY FEET HURT

Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed. It's great that this amazing game is being remade finally, but with how slow Squeenix has been as of late, it's probably going to be YEARS until we see this. Hopefully it won't take as long as FFXV or Kingdom Hearts III.

Please let this be good. Do not screw this up!

• 1 month later...

WHO WANTS ANOTHER INFO DUMP?! I'm too tired to find my sources, might update later with these.

Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed a few things:

-The story will be authentic to the original, but have a few new twists or changes to incorporate other games and the new technology of the time.

-The battle system will be seeing a dramatic change, but the system should be apparently recognizable and true to the original game still. No further explanation available on what he meant.

-New side content will be available.

-Story events for the most part will all be featured, like he cross dressing segment for example.

-The Cloud featured here will be true the original Cloud, not the Cloud we've been seeing in games like Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia, or Advent Children

-There may be new playable characters and additional story events.

Apparently the game will feature new side content and the game will be getting an overhaul for the most part.

It will be running a new engine used for Just Cause 3 as well.

Honestly, I played the FF7 pc version and found it to be mediocre. I still dont understand why people are so hyped about this remake.

It probably didn't help that the PC version is the worst by far. Gotta be the PS1 version. You can get some nice graphics through emulation nowadays too.

• 3 weeks later...

Y'know, that article could be wiped from existence, and nothing would be lost.

Once there's something more concrete other than "lol we're working on it", I'll be interested. I'd be one of the few that still appreciates a proper turn-based game, though.

Edited by eclipse

Y'know, that article could be wiped from existence, and nothing would be lost.

Once there's something more concrete other than "lol we're working on it", I'll be interested. I'd be one of the few that still appreciates a proper turn-based game, though.

I figured it was slightly topical to bring it up, because of the trial and error on the battle system lol.

We still aren't sure how the battles are gonna go :(:

Edited by Jedi

I'd like the battle system to be faster and better. Also no random encounters or do what Bravely Default did. These are the main things that make me procrastinate my playing through the game.

I figured it was slightly topical to bring it up, because of the trial and error on the battle system lol.

We still aren't sure how the battles are gonna go :(:

That's the kind of irrelevant clickbait nonsense that I don't like - it doesn't say anything about what will be released, nor does it add anything else to what we already know. "Trial and error" simply says that they're working on the battle system itself, but that could be concluded thanks to the E3 trailer.

That's the kind of irrelevant clickbait nonsense that I don't like - it doesn't say anything about what will be released, nor does it add anything else to what we already know. "Trial and error" simply says that they're working on the battle system itself, but that could be concluded thanks to the E3 trailer.

I'll pick better things to post next time ^^;

Sorry about that.

• 2 months later...

Nobuo Uematsu will not be working on the FF7 Remake.

While the other composers at Square-Enix are really talented and I'm sure will make the FF7 music sound really good, its kind of sad that Uematsu won't be revisiting his old tracks, maybe if there is ever a 9 remake he would (That was his personal favorite OST to work on).

Edited by Jedi

FF7 remake hype! I will say that I played FF7 for the first time this year and I must say the game was good. The best FF game? Eh, I don't think so, but nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I played FF8 right before it, so I had a bitter taste in my mouth from that game. This however is going off topic although I do want to address FF8 at some point.

Visually though..... The game doesn't look good. I'm not a graphics whore, but as far as character models (overworld atleast) go, it is by far the worst looking in the entire series. It would be very cool to see a graphical update to the game.

From the previous forums I have read, people seem outraged that they are considering changing things up....... I think this outrage is not needed. I want them to go crazy on what they can do. If they want to change the materia system, then they should do it. If they want to change the combat system, then go for it. If they want to have better writing (yet still keep the overall story somewhat the same), then by all means they should go for it. People on different forums I have read were saying that everything in the original game was perfect, and I disagree with that completely.

I just don't want them to remove the story quest involving Cloud dressing up in drag.

I don't want there to be drastic gameplay changes to be honest, because most of us FF7 fans wanted an upscaled ff7 that looks nicer, we didn't want there to be almost any changes to anything. To my knowledge, except like a script update and Voice acting.

Look at the FFX HD stuff. That's what I wanted, I mean ffx wasn't that hard to HD, but still is it too much to just want original ff7 but looking prettier?

I'm quite honestly fearful that the gameplay will become like 13-1 (and this is coming from someone who enjoyed 13-1) and the materia simplified even more.

I'm also not looking forward to them changing Cloud to his more mopey Advent Children self which I know they'll do.

All the Final Fantasy games have their own identity through their gameplay and worlds, if you strip 7 of what made it 7 in the first place, is it truly a remake?

Edited by Jedi

I don't want there to be drastic gameplay changes to be honest, because most of us FF7 fans wanted an upscaled ff7 that looks nicer, we didn't want there to be almost any changes to anything. To my knowledge, except like a script update and Voice acting.

Look at the FFX HD stuff. That's what I wanted, I mean ffx wasn't that hard to HD, but still is it too much to just want original ff7 but looking prettier?

I'm quite honestly fearful that the gameplay will become like 13-1 (and this is coming from someone who enjoyed 13-1) and the materia simplified even more.

I'm also not looking forward to them changing Cloud to his more mopey Advent Children self which I know they'll do.

All the Final Fantasy games have their own identity through their gameplay and worlds, if you strip 7 of what made it 7 in the first place, is it truly a remake?

I may have phrased things poorly. I don't necessarily want it to be a drastic change in gameplay. Personally, I wouldn't want it to be like 13-1 or 15 (Nothing against those games), but if they want to change how to get limit breaks, then I wouldn't mind it.

I disagree with with the fact that they will change him to his mopey AC self. I think they will consistent with the original FF7 on personalities.

I don't believe any gameplay has been shown regarding this game, so I can't really decide one way or another on how they are taking the direction of this game.

At the end of the day, more than likely I will get this game regardless