Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE, Upcoming Famitsu/First Scenerio complete

Jedi

The graphics look nice. . .which means Cloud had best rock that dress like no tomorrow! :P:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-7-director-says-please-look-forward-to-crossdressing-cloud-in-the-gritty-remake/

Relevant to your comment.

The Final Fantasy 7 remake was announced at Sony’s press conference while the trailer was revealed at Square Enix’s show.
It all looks very dark and serious – as indicated by the gravelly voice throughout – but in an interview with Eurogamer, director Tetsuya Nomura indicated that the sillier parts of the game wouldn’t be scrubbed out.
When asked whether we would still see Cloud donning a dress, he said “Please look forward to it.”
Talking about the remake, Nomura revealed that it was already underway when the Final Fantasy 7 port was announced. “When we announced the HD port, the PC port on the PS4, we weren’t sure when we wanted to announce the remake. The production was underway then, so there’s no real connection between the timing of the two FF7s coming to PS4. We’ve announced several different titles coming to the PlayStation 4 like World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3.”
He also hopes that the remake will give Japanese gamers a nudge over to PS4, as sales of the new generation of consoles have been low. “There’s more and more titles being introduced for the platform, and we’re hoping that announcing the remake of Final Fantasy 7, it’ll give a boost to people wanting to buy this current generation of console. If we announced the remake after all those titles have been sold, it wouldn’t have created such an impact, so that’s why we decided on this timing. We wanted to reassure players that PlayStation 4 is coming out with great titles including Final Fantasy 7. That’s why we decided to announce the remake.”
Edited by Jedi

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics look nice. . .which means Cloud had best rock that dress like no tomorrow! :P:

I wholeheartedly agree. :)

I can't believe they're using the FFXV combat system for this game :(

I don't think it is? Noctis can use multiple weapons in his combos, teleport, and has a special guard stance.

Cloud still has his Buster Sword and the user interface if anything looks more like KH than FFXV as far as commands go.

Although I feel like the few seconds of gameplay we have been shown is too little to make a proper analysis of how the combat works. Even though I'm sure GameXplain will make a 20 minute video.

Just a side note, I hope Aerith doesn't get her CC VA back, because it doesn't fit the Spunky tomboy she was in FF7, in every thing after FF7 they try to paint her as a saint, she in ff7 had quite a bit of spunk and Tifa was more the down to earth character.

Both of em are great its just, SE seems to be confused how some characters worked back in their own old creation sometimes.

Whatever they go with, it will be better than the AC/KH2 VA. Though I thought CC added back some of her street-smart and tomboy traits? Maybe I should play the game instead of lurking forums and binge-reading wikis.

The voice acting sounds pretty good!

I hope they will keep some legendary lines like "This guy are sick" or "Let's mosey".

Granted, "This guy are sick" has a grammar mistake so it's unlikely, but come on, at least keep "let's mosey"!!

Whatever they go with, it will be better than the AC/KH2 VA. Though I thought CC added back some of her street-smart and tomboy traits? Maybe I should play the game instead of lurking forums and binge-reading wikis.

CC did add some of them back, but I'm highly critical of whatever they do with her regardless, because she's my favorite female character in gaming. Like CC was a weird blend of what they did with AC and FF7, with the AC side slightly more prominent, then again she's younger in CC so I guess I'm too harsh.

The voice acting sounds pretty good!

I hope they will keep some legendary lines like "This guy are sick" or "Let's mosey".

Granted, "This guy are sick" has a grammar mistake so it's unlikely, but come on, at least keep "let's mosey"!!

I do want to hear "Let's Mosey", but since the PC version of FF7 fixed the former line, I doubt it'll be there at all.

CC did add some of them back, but I'm highly critical of whatever they do with her regardless, because she's my favorite female character in gaming. Like CC was a weird blend of what they did with AC and FF7, with the AC side slightly more prominent, then again she's younger in CC so I guess I'm too harsh.

I do want to hear "Let's Mosey", but since the PC version of FF7 fixed the former line, I doubt it'll be there at all.

Wait, what did they change "let's mosey" to? Lol I was looking forward to that too.

I'm really curious as to what the overworld is going to look like actually. It looks as if battles now take place within the area rather than in a separate battle space and there are no random encounters (hopefully), and if that's the case, does that mean it'll be the same for the overworld? Stemming from that thought, is the overworld going to be scaled down, or could it be a full-sized seamless world to explore? Since the former was, like the old battle-system in a way, a limitation of the technology.

It could be more akin to Crisis Core, FFX and FFXIII in terms of just going from locale to locale.

I have a feeling thats more likely than getting an overworld. Unless they are going the XV route and having a huge world to travel from place to place to, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Jedi

That'd be kind of disappointing if that were the case. Well, there's nothing to go off of yet as far as that's concerned, and FFXV seems to be having an overworld, so I don't think it's beyond their capabilities. They'd tick off a lot of fans if they made it that much more linear.

To be frank, they've already ticked off a number of fans as of yesterday, but that's just because no one can be pleased with what SE does fully, and its always been that way.

I just have a feeling they really want to push how grand this story is, more than having you explore the world. It's just the general feel the trailer gave me, I call it a hunch.

Edit: David that would be neat if they kept the Motorcycle and Truck from the Shinra chase in this, for traveling.

Edited by Jedi

Speaking of Bikes and Trucks, I do hope we get to keep some of the minigames from FF7 in this, they were nice little distractions and sometimes comedic, (the squatting competition, etc) while you had some legit cool scenes, like the Motorcycle chase.

We can even make the Snowboarding work better :P:

YES. Yes, it is. It also showed off one of Aeris' better traits, too. :P:

Now make the wig pink, so we can have Lightning!Cloud

So I just heard that it's possible this game will be released "in multiple parts" or episodically. I think that could be more divisive than any kind of new combat system. Personally, it would depend on how many parts and how much is in each part, but there better be a freaking overworld and more to justify investing a multiple of $70 into a single game.

EDIT: source http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-releasing-as-a-multi-part-s/1100-6432870/

Edited by Knight

So I just heard that it's possible this game will be released "in multiple parts" or episodically. I think that could be more divisive than any kind of new combat system. Personally, it would depend on how many parts and how much is in each part, but there better be a freaking overworld and more to justify investing a multiple of $70 into a single game.

EDIT: source http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-releasing-as-a-multi-part-s/1100-6432870/

A multi part series? This a remake or a tv series?

Like, I know IV The After Years was episodic but... Why does this need to be?

Still gonna be confident in this being great, but still. This is an odd choice.

Edited by Jedi

I love how the entire trailer takes place in Midgar (and the first few sequences there too), probably because they haven't developed anything further than that yet.

What the heck? This is giving me even less incentive to go out and buy this game...

Edited by ruadath

The episodic thing isweird to fans, but from a business's point of view is pretty smart.

Square has to be smart enough to use the hype for their advantage, otherwise the backslash is going to be uglier than usual.

To me it seems that this game's sucess will depend a lot on marketing.

I wonder if Square can use hype to their advantage as well as Nintedo does.

I imagine making a game with as much content as FF VII today with all the new graphics, assets and gameplay would be really expensive, as it isn't just a simple HD re-release. That makes me hopeful that they won't be too skimpy on content at least.