Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE, Upcoming Famitsu/First Scenerio complete

Jedi

This is gonna be the Hobbit Trilogy of video games.

Well we aren't taking a small book and expanding into 3 overly bloated movies, so I don't see that :P:.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was pretty pissed off at Square-Enix, but then I realized that they could just add a whole lot of new content like being able to expand and explore more of Midgar for the first episode.

Edited by King Gilgamesh

Here's some things that Nomura said about the game to Dengeki and Famitsu:

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before, maybe will you be able to go to the other sectors?

-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big

-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2

-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.

-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well.

-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want

-3 party members at a time like the original, I wonder if you can change them mid-battle?

Here's some things that Nomura said about the game to Dengeki and Famitsu:

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before, maybe will you be able to go to the other sectors?

-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big

-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2

-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.

-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well.

-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want

-3 party members at a time like the original, I wonder if you can change them mid-battle?

I have a feeling stuff like the Honeybee Inn won't be making it.

Also ATB still exists huh? Edit: After it being pointed out to me, it was obvious in the trailer... Now I feel like an idiot.

Edited by Jedi

I have a feeling stuff like the Honeybee Inn won't be making it.

I don't know about Honeybee Inn. But I think things like Fort Condor might be removed. Or probably the more tedious sidequest such as recruiting Yuffie (instead make her and Vincent non-optional)

I don't know about Honeybee Inn. But I think things like Fort Condor might be removed. Or probably the more tedious sidequest such as recruiting Yuffie (instead make her and Vincent non-optional)

Fort Condor is part of the Big Materia quest, I doubt they'd take it out.

Yuffie and Vincent I see being mandatory, because their stuff will probably become more important, the Wutai side quest along with meeting the Turks on their day off, maybe with Yuffie noticing that Cloud acts a little like Zack, seeing as she met Zack in Crisis Core when he was a 2nd Class Soldier fighting Wutai, as well as Vincents whole deal with Hojo and his whole backstory which explains quite a bit of the FF7 world.

Edited by Jedi

Fort Condor is part of the Big Materia quest, I doubt they'd take it out.

It was? To be honest with you my memory isn't the best when I only play through a game once.... which is sad because I played the game earlier this year.

As far as Crisis Core, AC, and.... uhm, Dirge, I haven't played the games and AC left me quite confused (probably cause I saw that movie first). Basically, I don't know much about everyone's backstory

Crisis Core would be the one of those to pay attention to. In terms of possible shout outs in this Remake.

If you need any reminders or knowhow about the world of FF7 I'd be happy to help!

Well, the game's using Unreal Engine 4, instead of Luminous.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/07/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-runs-on-the-unreal-engine/

Oh cool more info, thanks!

I myself am not surprised, alot of Japanese developers are using UE4 at the moment, if I recall Tri-Ace is using it for Star Ocean 5 as well right now.

Edited by Jedi

I saw this (let me know if this is not okay to post) posted on reddit the other day, which offers one person's full translations of the Famitsu and Dengeki interviews.

While I've seen a lot of criticism of the announcement that the Remake will be a series (which I can admit probably makes some sense), I feel like I'm the only person having a heart attack over things like these:

Tetsuya Nomura: ”Apart from delving even deeper into the episodes [of the game], we’re preparing tricks/devices/gimmicks (Author’s note : there was no single word to properly capture the essence of this word) among other things. After all, isn’t it the case that the people who played the original game, the important parts included, knows the story from beginning to end? We’re thinking we want those people as well to be able to get (literally “taste”) surprised [by the story] once again.”

Yoshinori Kitase: ”We don’t want to do a remake that ends with [just] tracing [people’s] nostalgia. We want to make fans of the original excited (literally : “dokidoki”, the sound of a racing heart in Japanese) again. We’re re-adjusting the story putting those [kind of] feelings into it.”

Maybe it's just me channeling my younger self, remembering raging arguments about certain events, but I absolutely do not want anything changed as a trick for the sake of surprise factor. It will completely ruin it for me. Completely. Some things should not change, and changing them would weaken the entire gravity of the story. So much of what's been said has been vague and non-specific, so I don't want to overreact. I just can't help but be very, very worried when they say things like this. Make it five episodes if you want, but

Aerith has to die, and can not come back to life. Make her playable as DLC if you want, but only for gameplay and not for story. Don't turn this into an anime or comic book where death has no meaning because you know it'll just be undone... And for the love of sanity don't dare kill someone else in her place.

That aside, I am pretty curious how they handle progression. If each Episode is self-contained, that'll be kind of a bummer. Hopefully you levels/items/etc. "transfer" from one Episode to the next via saves, but if the gameplay is somehow different this could be awkward? We really know so little.

(Edit: Just all sorts of code editing issues.)

Edited by Ezrius

I hope the "surprises" don't end up being stupid ones, as well.

Maybe it'll be a transfer system ala the Golden Sun games and it'll be a smooth transition when you have the data.

Oi we got some new news.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/15/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-main-scenario-of-the-first-entry-is-already-complete/

Famitsu revealed that this week’s magazine issue will feature an interview with producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Tetsuya Nomura, who’ll share some details on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

According to the Famitsu teaser, the main scenario of the first entry is already complete. We’ll have more details on it along with some quotes from Kitase and Nomura, along with a special comment from the scenario writer Kazushige Nojima.

In case people get confused with the title, what this information is saying is the scenario for the first episode is complete, not the first episode itself. You may want to edit the title to reflect that, Jedi

In case people get confused with the title, what this information is saying is the scenario for the first episode is complete, not the first episode itself. You may want to edit the title to reflect that, Jedi

My mistake on the first title. It's fixed now.

I am not really an FFVII fan. I keep trying (and I'm trying now, I just finished Cosmo Canyon) but I'm a lot more partial to VI and IX because those actually feel like completed games. There are a lot of things in FFVII that make me believe that it was a rush job (trying to actually make Aeris likable, for example).

I am absolutely down for the removal of Fort Condor. Entirely. Don't even get me started on the stupidity of when you have to go back for battles there (the two during specific story events in Junon, making sure the buggy doesn't break down so it's after you get to Cosmo but before you start the Cave of the Gi...). It's a terrible idea for a sidequest.

Aeris needs to be eliminated entirely from the plot. Grandjackel posted a great way to explain everything that Aeris represents in the story without needing her. Sure, Midgar would need to be reworked a bit but she's so pointless in general. It actually frustrates me that she gets her good weapons early (Fairy Tale) when I'm trying to level up early Materia. Get rid of her and the game will be better.

VI and IX were a lot more polished than VII was. Obviously, VI has gotten a remake but the script basically stayed the same and it's still better. Every single human character (Terra/Celes/Sabin/Edgar/Setzer/Relm/Strago/Shadow/Cyan/Locke/Gau) exhibits more personality in their WoR recruitment scene than Aeris does during the entire game. As for IX, it was bright and cheery and brought a lot of nostalgia to players, even with a dark as shit 2nd half of the game.

I'd love to try the remake but in my opinion, the issues with FFVII has nothing to do with the fact that it's outdated. Its central problems are in both the main story and sidequests that people refuse to give up. I am stoked to see how they play around with Red XIII and Cait Sith, though.

Edited by Jim Moriarty