Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE, Upcoming Famitsu/First Scenerio complete

Jedi

I'm being optimistic about the game. I have faith that Squenix won't mess this up since fans have been wanting it for so long. It makes perfect sense to be anxious and hopeful because it would be a shame if this game was a let down after waiting so long to play it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember playing FF7 back then and stuck in the "search for the item underground segment" in disc 1. Which was kinda dumb when I think about it lmao

Also Aerith is the best. Its actually kinda sad that her actual, interesting personality in FF7 is butchered in almost everything and not many remembered that she's actually the best character in the game lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this going to be PS4-exclusive?

So far it looks that way, although I wouldn't be surprised to see it heading to PC as well.

But for now all my sources I've found say its just for PS4 for the time being.

The menu at the bottom left gives me KH vibes but the fact that there's a specific "Defend" option is weird to wrap my head around if it really is an action RPG. Shouldn't that just be mapped to a button? Maybe the the type of battle system here isn't so clear as we assumed?

I am even more intrigued. To me personally, the turn-based combat in the original and the frequency of random encounters is what turned me off from continuing much passed Midgar, but this action gameplay looks fun. I'm curious as to the specifics of it, I wonder how this game is going to go.

Looks like FFVII is gonna be a ARPG after all

i don't mind actually

it looks pretty cool, man

what do others think about this?

I was salty at first, but then everything else looked good and it looks fluid at least, so I'm willing to see how it goes.

Also Barret's design changes are pretty legit cool, he looks kinda like Blade and/or Rodin from Bayonetta.

the defend option is giving me other doubts about this as well

though the way it's been just static there was just giving me thoughts that it was probably some beta menu or something

but there could be something more

i'll just wait to see if there's more to it

maybe wait for an actual vid full of gameplay just to see how it all goes

I was salty at first, but then everything else looked good and it looks fluid at least, so I'm willing to see how it goes..

Same here, man

Edited by Trisitei

i'll see a lot of people complaining about how they changed things from now until release, and a lot of people are gonna have to realize that after asking for a remake for years they are gonna change things (which they preemptively said)

so unless you wanted squeenix to make final fantasy 7-13, perhaps people should have been a little more skeptical demanding a remake with the current squeenix state (and for all the shit ff13 gets, it's really not that bad)

I ain't complaining, though.

Edited by Tryhard

I'm thrilled to see updates to the combat system. Gaming has changed a lot since FF7 was originally released, and there has been improvements on how combat can be done in an RPG. I still have my original copy on PS1 if I end up not liking it at least. I'm really hoping they do something to make certain things less grindy. I don't have it in me to dump another 200 hours into the game.

i'll see a lot of people complaining about how they changed things from now until release, and a lot of people are gonna have to realize that after asking for a remake for years they are gonna change things (which they preemptively said)

Quite a few people just wanted a graphical update to the old system, so I can see where those complaints stem, espcially after the FFX-X2 HD re-releases, I saw a number of people want FF7 to do that with a major graphical update, I was with them somewhat on it, I'm still a little eh on the gameplay itself, but since its looking like Crisis Core/KH I can't be too mad.

I'm thrilled to see updates to the combat system. Gaming has changed a lot since FF7 was originally released, and there has been improvements on how combat can be done in an RPG. I still have my original copy on PS1 if I end up not liking it at least. I'm really hoping they do something to make certain things less grindy. I don't have it in me to dump another 200 hours into the game.

Only thing about 7 I recall being grindy were the limits personally, maybe the materia early on.

Is this going to be PS4-exclusive?

So far it looks that way, although I wouldn't be surprised to see it heading to PC as well.

But for now all my sources I've found say its just for PS4 for the time being.

Probably not; the announcement trailer said "first on PS4", and considering the name and the extra cash they could make off of it, it would be foolish not to to do Xbox/PC ports.

Also Barret's design changes are pretty legit cool, he looks kinda like Blade and/or Rodin from Bayonetta.

I was definitely getting Rodin vibes.

I think the game play looks good. Different than what I thought it would be, but I still think it looks good

I never played the original final fantasy 7 so I can't say I hate the new direction they're going in. What little we did see was pretty cool and i'm interested in seeing what else they'll include.

That being said i'm a little concerned though. Square Enix has been pretty well known as the turn based jrpg giant and final fantasy 7 was the game that made that genre mainstrean. If the remake of that game isn't a turn based rpg then I fear that there really isn't a place anymore for console turn based rpg's by Square Enix.

I mean we'll still get Bravely Second and such, but still.

Probably not; the announcement trailer said "first on PS4", and considering the name and the extra cash they could make off of it, it would be foolish not to to do Xbox/PC ports.

Thanks for catching that, it's likely yeah.

I never played the original final fantasy 7 so I can't say I hate the new direction they're going in. What little we did see was pretty cool and i'm interested in seeing what else they'll include.

That being said i'm a little concerned though. Square Enix has been pretty well known as the turn based jrpg giant and final fantasy 7 was the game that made that genre mainstrean. If the remake of that game isn't a turn based rpg then I fear that there really isn't a place anymore for console turn based rpg's by Square Enix.

I mean we'll still get Bravely Second and such, but still.

Well FF hasn't really been that turn based since they axed the ATB system after they mastered it with FFX-2, They've been experimenting with things, we can only hope this doesn't lead to a gigantic flop in terms of FF7. But it looks solid enough.

Also Cloud looks accurate to his FF7 self thankfully even using his "Not Interested" line and stuff, one of my biggest worries is that Cloud and Aerith will be more akin to their AC/KH selves than their FF7/CC selves.

Edited by Jedi

Also Cloud looks accurate to his FF7 self thankfully even using his "Not Interested" line and stuff, one of my biggest worries is that Cloud and Aerith will be more akin to their AC/KH selves than their FF7/CC selves.

I kind of doubt they will be like their AC/KH counterpart

I kind of doubt they will be like their AC/KH counterpart

With the consistency they've been given over the years I can't be too sure.

I really hope they keep dialogue options(I don't see why they wouldn't but). How can you not love calling Aerith the slum drunk?

I'd love to hear Cloud actually say it lmao. Also a small discussion Horace, Refa and I had.

Horace: I wonder if barret will actually swear instead of just saying #$%@#!!!!!

Refa: I hope he doesn't, i want him to say #$%@#!!!!!! out loud

Me: HASHTAG DOLLARSIGN PERCENTAGE AT HASHTAG!!!!!! Cloud "Why did I sign up for this"

Edited by Jedi

There are ways to update an ATB system without completely replacing it with something unrelated. Even looking back to FFX and FFX-2 (which were popular games), they found ways to make turn based and ATB systems fresh and interesting.

Just a side note, I hope Aerith doesn't get her CC VA back, because it doesn't fit the Spunky tomboy she was in FF7, in every thing after FF7 they try to paint her as a saint, she in ff7 had quite a bit of spunk and Tifa was more the down to earth character.

Both of em are great its just, SE seems to be confused how some characters worked back in their own old creation sometimes.