Starfox Zero

Jedi

One big issue I did have with Assault and this maybe a nitpick but it is when you get hit. In Star Fox 64, when you get damaged, there is a loud sound that plays and the arwing/landmaster shakes and blinks a lot letting the player know that you're getting hit and you should manuever out of the way. In Assault however, many times, the rumble on the controller is very subtle, the hit sound is very quiety and your vehicles don't project as much damage feedback to the player. Many times, I didn't even know I was getting shot at only to find out I was at low hp. Sure the hp indicator was there but an early indication of me getting hit by all these lasers and projectiles would have been nice to know I'm doing something wrong.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last, they're about to fix that franchise. Yes!

Great and diverse looking gameplay again, nods to the unreleased Starfox 2, no sign of blue boobed McFurry-dream, a seemingly "classic" line of events, which is a good thing if you ask me.

They already said that there's no online multiplayer right now, which I hope stays like that for the sake of making the game timeless (because once the servers are down, it isn't).

My only hope is that they bring back the VA who did Wolf in Star Fox 64. The new guy from Assault/Brawl didn't project near the amount of smug cocky that I loved about Wolf in 64.

"Can't let you do that Star Fox!"

"You're good, but I'm better!"

*Chills*

I saw an article saying they may try to patch multiplayer in at a later date.

http://nintendoeverything.com/star-fox-zero-talk-of-the-platinum-partnership-multiplayer-a-possibility-for-the-future-amiibo-more/

Also whilst I can't find a picture of it Katt Monroe is confirmed to be in this as well, I hope that means Bill Grey is back too, the Katina level in Assault just didn't feel right without him there.

My only hope is that they bring back the VA who did Wolf in Star Fox 64. The new guy from Assault/Brawl didn't project near the amount of smug cocky that I loved about Wolf in 64.

"Can't let you do that Star Fox!"

"You're good, but I'm better!"

*Chills*

This but for Andrew as well, I didn't like that he seemed to turn to helium to take the pain away from Andross's defeat

I saw an article saying they may try to patch multiplayer in at a later date.

http://nintendoeverything.com/star-fox-zero-talk-of-the-platinum-partnership-multiplayer-a-possibility-for-the-future-amiibo-more/

Also whilst I can't find a picture of it Katt Monroe is confirmed to be in this as well, I hope that means Bill Grey is back too, the Katina level in Assault just didn't feel right without him there.

Long time no see Fox! Would be great to hear.

You know, watching the gameplay, I wonder if the game will also have some sort of co-op mode were one player controls the Arwing while another is doing the aiming.

Anyway, I really like the way shooting works. It reminds me of Freelancer.

You know, watching the gameplay, I wonder if the game will also have some sort of co-op mode were one player controls the Arwing while another is doing the aiming.

Anyway, I really like the way shooting works. It reminds me of Freelancer.

I think they actually mentioned that. I can't remember where I read it, may have been IGN, but they said one person would fly the Arwing using the wii-mote+nunchuk while the other player would used the gamepad to aim/shoot. Said something like this way they hoped you could have less skilled players still enjoy the game such as parents and children playing together.

With Platinum working on the game, I expect great things for the Andross and Wolf battles. Especially since Star Wolf became more simplistic with every appearance since Star Fox 2. By the time of Command, there strategy was basically to get you to run out of fuel instead of attacking directly. So I really want to see Wolf finally getting his act together and become a real threat.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm not holding my breath for it but some online ranking boards and replay sharing options would be nice though. You know like if you could see your friends or everyone else's scores for their runs through the campaign or even see replays of levels.

One way I could see multiplayer become viable is if they pull a "splatoon/cod" move and make it so that you level up your arwing or pilot or whatever and you buy upgrades to your vehicle or different ones to use in the matches.

Edited by LordTaco42

Personally, I prefer multiplayer games where the only leveling up rewards are cosmetic upgrades and maybe badges or stuff.

I don't see why nowadays it's necessary for all games to have an online component, especially in a game series like Star Fox, where the main focus is on the single player mode.

Also, that small robot is cute.

In today's day and age I'd like to have tons of content in a game. Starfox usually has had its more arcady single player and a very good multiplayer the fact that it doesn't even have local is criminal.

I don't know if I'd pay 60$ for a 3-5 hour game unless it has huge replay value. (Like SNES and 64 had, and to an extent Assault had)