FE: Fates on IGN Live

Here's the video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17/fire-emblem-fates-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2015

They showed off chapter 2 again, this time with a female avatar. All I noticed was that the female avatar was also called Corrin, and Jakob was there instead of Felicia.

Edited by Zvarri!

Kinda sad, when the Treehouse guys are more bearable then the IGN stream...

But this confirms Felicia and Joker are gender-locked.

Edited by UnknownUber

I tuned in right when the IGN guy asked the Treehouse lady if the whole game was going to be dark (she was explaining all the drama surrounding both countries) and she was basically like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Here's the video! http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17/fire-emblem-fates-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2015

Edited by Lushiris

Thanks Lushiris for the video! It doesn't appear that any new info is in this one, but it does somewhat confirm that the default name is Corrin, that's something. Also, There goes the hundreds of manuscripts for F!Kamui/Felecia fans, well at least fanfic.net still exists, haha.

Hmm, it's still possible you can recruit Jakob. Maybe he just appears later.

In the 31st May Direct, you see male Avatar eavesdropping in on a My Castle convo between Rinkah and Jakob.

I'll see if I can find the pic.

They got a game over? Gosh!

It's funny, because they didn't even play that poorly

I mean it was bad, but a single mistake was enough for Kamui to get overwhelmed. Hidden weapon users and enemy dual attacks really seem to weaken defensive strategies. Rinka getting an additional 4 3 damage boost for... some reason, didn't help either. Even though it actually didn't matter.

This is so unprofessional. The guy just constantly made jokes and looked like he had no clue what he was talking about while the girl just constantly laughed.Also they got a game over scene on the first level.

Apparently it's chapter 2.

Edited by Cysx

It's funny, because they didn't even play that poorly

I mean it was bad, but a single mistake was enough for Kamui to get overwhelmed. Hidden weapon users and enemy dual attacks really seem to weaken defensive strategies. Rinka getting an additional 4 3 damage boost for... some reason, didn't help either. Even though it actually didn't matter.

Apparently it's chapter 2.

This is normal mode?

Whew. It seems that the lag that I saw in the treehouse event was not present in this version. I am happy that the overworld-to-battle transition was smooth and units didn't "pop" into existence.

This is normal mode?

Well, the stats of the enemies-their HP mainly- seem to match with the ones in the treehouse showcase, where we got to see on the player's save file that she was playing on hard(supposedly, 2 stars is for hard mode). So, apparently, no. Though I'm not sure why they'd all play it on anything else than normal in that context.

That battle was... sad, to say the least.

Other then that I have no real comments on seeing this video. That guy was beyond annoying, so I muted it. I figure any real news would be reported on here at Serenes Forest.

Well expect nothing from IGN and you'll never be disappointed.

Still it was worth a round of cheap laughs for the sheer awfulness of it.

I still don't think felicia and joker are gender-exclusive.

Reason:

In chapter 7, Felicia said Joker and Flora are back in the castle. I think we only get Joker later in the game if you choose to be a male and Felicia later if you choose to be a female.

For those who are bringing up the Streetpass thing...

You guys do realize that you're able to recruit version exclusive characters right. Felicia and Joker are no different.

And there is the fact that the treehouse lady confirmed two times already that you will receive a different helper depending on your gender.

Sorry guys but game over. All hope is lost. Gender exclusivity, here we come. :P