All hopes lost for S-rank supports?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense. Without Awakening's child system, it doesn't have that kind of significance to be worth devoting special gameplay mechanics to. It's likely the main character can get paired up as usual, though.

Why lose hope? Just because they don't show it in the marketing campaign, doesn't mean it's not included. We've already got confirmed unique support convos (so no RD style...phew) so I don't see why there wouldn't be any romantic ones, and with support convos comes paired endings. Don't lose hope just yet!

Awakening showed it 1 week before game's release. Is all hope lost? This is greatly disappointing... Everything is all bonds and bonds but its all non-romantic!

I am so sad right now ;(

Yeaaaah old FE's had romantic A supports.

I think you're getting a little too butt hurt about something a bit pointless to be even worried about.

I mean, if you take Awakening's S-rank supports and remove the children mechanic (which is not likely to be in Fates), what do you have left that makes an impact in the game? Random barracks/event tile quotes? I doubt you care too much (at all?) about the Hit/Avo/etc. bonuses...

Calm your penguiny, flappy, furry tits (or dick) and ask these very simple questions

"Has it been confirmed they're not in the game?"

"Is there any reason for them (S-supports) to even come back in the first place?"

Think hard now.

I'm actually 100% okay without having romantic supports. It makes it feel more like the classic FEs tbh

Old FEs did have romantic supports though. I believe the only ones that don't are 1 and 3 (not sure about Gaiden), unless those are the only ones you classify as classic. And those ones (again, I'm not sure about Gaiden) don't even have supports to begin with. You could say FE4 and 5 don't either, but they had the marriage system which in itself is romantic. Since their inception, support conversations have inherently led to romantic interactions.

Still, it'll be a shame if you don't enjoy the game because they are not included, but it's understandable why people found it so enjoyable in Awakening and why they would be disappointed.

I'm actually 100% okay without having romantic supports. It makes it feel more like the classic FEs tbh

But classic FEs did have romantic supports, it was just done by limiting the amount of A-Ranks you could get and having a paired epilogue, rather than in in-game marriage.

However, the translation of the latest Famitsu strongly implies that A supports at the very least are unlimited, so if there was no S support, that would wipe out not only romance supports, but also ensure that there are no non-romantic paired endings.

Which would be a shame, as personally I'd like to see both romantic and non-romantic paired endings.

I'm happy that there are not confirming S Supports. It opens possibilities for opposite sex characters to have platonic relationships! I hope that it also opens the doors for same-sex romance. Silas seems to have a huge crush on Corrin whether or not Corrin is male or female.

I'm happy that there are not confirming S Supports. It opens possibilities for opposite sex characters to have platonic relationships! I hope that it also opens the doors for same-sex romance. Silas seems to have a huge crush on Corrin whether or not Corrin is male or female.

Here's the thing, without S supports or a limit on the number of A supports you can get, romances of any sort are probably out the door. Silas and Corrin could A support, but then what happens when Corrin A supports everyone else? They all get added to Corrin's harem?

I do agree that I'd like to see both platonic relationships between opposite sex characters and romantic relationships between same sex characters though.

I'd be pretty happy with them going back to writing more platonic supports with a handful of romance.

Same, but I think S supports are still the best way to handle this.

I'd be pretty happy with them going back to writing more platonic supports with a handful of romance.

Exactly. It's silly that opposite gendered characters pretty much HAD to fall in love with each other in Awakening.

Honestly, do you think a physically attractive woman, like Tharja, would realistically want to shack up with someone like, oh I don't know, Kellam? I know it's shallow to say that, but come on. Can't they just be friends?

I digress...

I want to see supports where a boy and a girl can just be friends!

Edited by Leif

But classic FEs did have romantic supports, it was just done by limiting the amount of A-Ranks you could get and having a paired epilogue, rather than in in-game marriage.

Ye, I meant regarding S-supports and everything. And I'd much prefer the paired epilogues to in-game marriages especially if there isn't a timeskip, because getting hitched in the middle of a war is kinda eh

Ye, I meant regarding S-supports and everything. And I'd much prefer the paired epilogues to in-game marriages especially if there isn't a timeskip, because getting hitched in the middle of a war is kinda eh

Well there was that one scene in the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean -shot-