All hopes lost for S-rank supports?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to be able to romance characters with my avatar. I want to know that I can do that.

Spoiler alert, every single character ever friendzones Kamui immediately upon seeing him.

As an excuse for not having romantic supports?

Excuse? FE changes around features all the time. They don't need an excuse for leaving out any given feature from one or more games, just because it happens to be one you're incredibly attached to for some reason.

Excuse? FE changes around features all the time. They don't need an excuse for leaving out any given feature from one or more games, just because it happens to be one you're incredibly attached to for some reason.

Woah that's a lot of vitriol for such a simple topic. A lot of people are attached to the romance mechanic. It's not 'for some reason,' so don't try and shame the OP for being disappointed.

In regards to the "excuse" I think they merely meant like a replacement, and it's purely a hypothetical. The question was "why would we need face rubbing if there was no romance?" and the answer was "I don't know, maybe as a replacement for it?"

I just want to be able to romance characters with my avatar. I want to know that I can do that.

This, I don't care that much about other but I wanna s-ranked all the girls that I like.

Edited by Awakener_

Kamui romance wouldn't require S rank supports, anyway. Given that there's no other characters to conflict with, all it would take is making Kamui have a set of possible romance events as part of the castle conversations, one with each qualifying character, and the ability to pick just one to trigger with one of those characters upon getting an A rank support with them and fulfilling whatever other conditions.

Kamui romance wouldn't require S rank supports, anyway. Given that there's no other characters to conflict with, all it would take is making Kamui have a set of possible romance events as part of the castle conversations, one with each qualifying character, and the ability to pick just one to trigger with one of those characters upon getting an A rank support with them and fulfilling whatever other conditions.

I suppose they could do it that way, but it seems perhaps a bit over complicated, and would also mean that characters other than Kamui would be unable to have paired endings.

They also seem to have gotten rid of the world map again, definitely seems like things are shuffling around.

No world map? Seems odd given that Hoshido still has skirmishes but I guess they're accessed through the castle instead?

I'm happy that there are not confirming S Supports. It opens possibilities for opposite sex characters to have platonic relationships! I hope that it also opens the doors for same-sex romance. Silas seems to have a huge crush on Corrin whether or not Corrin is male or female.

Crush? I must be oblivious because I never really got that vibe from him.

Didn't they outright say Hoshido has a World Map while Nohr doesn't?

IIRC they said something like "there will be opportunities to grind while Nohr has none" and everyone took that to mean Hoshido would have a world map, but we have seen the skirmish list. You just pick which location (i.e, forest, desert) you want to go to and that kicks off the skirmish.

Crush? I must be oblivious because I never really got that vibe from him.

"I became a Knight of Nohr so I could see you again!"

I highly doubt a straight man would nearly get himself executed for another man, then devote a good portion of his life to see said man again? Sounds like more than a bromance to me.

Edit: Oh, AND make a picnic for said man too.

Edited by Leif

You all know that the non-GotHW FEs before Awakening either:

A. Had the Lord unit with a set character if both survived.

B. Let the Lord unit only have a few options.

Yeah, so?

They still had options. Awakening and GotHW had more options because of the marriage/2nd gen mechanic. I don't think this thread is about how many options each character gets, it's about them being there to begin with.

I highly doubt a straight man would nearly get himself executed for another man, then devote a good portion of his life to see said man again? Sounds like more than a bromance to me.

?????

Why the aggression towards me?

I never detected a crush from Silas, Male or Female Kamui. As I said I'm oblivious.

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

so what. I would have been fine with non-marriage S supports, but if there arent any, its still fine. Like, its nothing to get worked up about since you can play with your characters with high support levels in...interesting ways anyway.

One can have a bromance and a romance at the same time, best example is Chrom and Male Robin.

One can have a bromance and a romance at the same time, best example is Chrom and Male Robin.

The romance portion the female version and if S ranks are back than more than likely female Kamui can have the romance option while male most likely will have bromance. Hey at least there face rubbing.

The romance portion the female version and if S ranks are back than more than likely female Kamui can have the romance option while male most likely will have bromance. Hey at least there face rubbing.

So what, romance is for female only ? That would be rather... sexist ?

Edited by B.Leu