All hopes lost for S-rank supports?

I was under the impression that support between two opposite sex characters and just staying friends meant stopping at A level and simply not continuing to S.

Also, I also dislike the marriage concept before the game ends. Not because of being in the middle of a war, but because they were so poorly scripted with the generation 1 characters in Awakening. "Thanks for helping me balance my checkbook, Cherche. Let's get married." Way too sudden.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The salt is real on this thread.

There isn't any direct details that S-rank supports aren't going to be a thing in FE: Fates as far as I know. Heck, it could very well be possible that Kamui cannot romance any of the family members (Ryouma, Xander, Sakura, etc.) but can romance other characters such as Felicia or his/her (adoptive/blood-related) siblings' subordinates.

Point is before you jump to any conclusions, look for details or wait.

The salt is real on this thread.

There isn't any direct details that S-rank supports aren't going to be a thing in FE: Fates as far as I know. Heck, it could very well be possible that Kamui cannot romance any of the family members (Ryouma, Xander, Sakura, etc.) but can romance other characters such as Felicia or his/her (adoptive/blood-related) siblings' subordinates.

Point is before you jump to any conclusions, look for details or wait.

this is a pretty good post on the matter

as for my own feelings, unless they provide a gameplay purpose, i don't see why they need to be in, i am a man thats 100% about gameplay and other luxury's like story and characters other stuff second.

I think we can make a guess who is going to be romantic supports, for M!Kamui Aqua seeing as IS is REALLY pushing them then his maid and siblings' female servants.

FemKamui will be Her buttler Cyrus and her Siblings's Male servants.

So what, romance is for female only ? That would be rather... sexist ?

No I was saying that more than likely Cyrus wont be able to pair up romance wise with male Kamui and that the only loop hole is the face rubbing. I am pretty sure the romance option is still a thing it been a thing since what fire emblem 4. Now IS is playing favorites with Kamui and Aqua being pushed like crazy like with Sumia and Chrom. I have also made my piece with not able to romance Camillia TvT hopefully there a ending I can travel the world with her.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

I got issued a 10point penalty for saying 'helllo'. I an sad. How can the mod treat this as spamming?!

Because it contributes nothing.

As for my feelings on the topic, I think S rank support should come back, not exclusively for romance, but primarily to be the decider of what makes a paired ending or not. If you can A level with several characters, you will need a "tie-breaker" to decide who gets the paired ending.

I usually like the romantic supports in Fire Emblem (yes some of them are ridiculous, but that's part of the charm for me).

For this game I'd love to have SOMETHING for it, even if it's only something small. Let me at least hope for paired endings.

Also if there are no outright romantic supports, chances are that Aqua will be seen as the forced love interest for male!Kamui.

If that's the case I am going to have her maimed in her very first mission and then pretend she doesn''t exist for the rest of the game. I know that will be difficult because of her story importance, but I just hate having

people shoved down my throat in a game series that usually at least gives you some amount of choice. (the reason I never paired Chrom with Sumia in Awakening)

I think we can make a guess who is going to be romantic supports, for M!Kamui Aqua seeing as IS is REALLY pushing them then his maid and siblings' female servants.

FemKamui will be Her buttler Cyrus and her Siblings's Male servants.

Please tell me this was intentional. It's too perfect.

Anyway, as I said before I think that if Support conversations are in then at the very least we're pretty much guaranteed to get paired endings since every game that has support conversations (and even a couple that don't) has at least some paired endings.

Edited by The Geek

The thing about previous Emblem games was the fact that theirs a limit to how many supports you could do. Just enough for one A rank in FE7 for example. But in Awakening, they want everyone to support with everyone without having so many playthroughs to support them all by playing over again and again. But because A rank was with everyone and because their was no support limit, they'd make S support a thing and only once a run.

I could possibly see S support coming back.

Did it say anything about whether we have unlimited or limited supports? Maybe it's a modified system from Awakenings where you can get as many B Supports as you want but only one A Support?

Mid-battle supports are a thing again so I wouldn't actually be too surprised if they brought the support limit back too.

Edited by Cero

Did it say anything about whether we have unlimited or limited supports? Maybe it's a modified system from Awakenings where you can get as many B Supports as you want but only one A Support?

That doesn't make sense. Two that are just not good. Support between characters are reduced by one scene and I believe people like their many supports between their best characters. And also B or A will reduce the stat bonuses.

That doesn't make sense. Two that are just not good. Support between characters are reduced by one scene and I believe people like their many supports between their best characters. And also B or A will reduce the stat bonuses.

...What?

No seriously, I have no idea what you just said.

Please tell me this was intentional. It's too perfect.

Anyway, as I said before I think that if Support conversations are in then at the very least we're pretty much guaranteed to get paired endings since every game that has support conversations (and even a couple that don't) has at least some paired endings.

Well, there was Path of Radiance, but it was blatantly obvious that the reason PoR didn't have paired endings was because they already were planning the sequel. (This is also the reason that the individual character endings in PoR aren't a definitive narrator describing what happens to the character, but instead the character just telling Ike what they plan to do in the immediate future.)

They strongly implied unlimited supports in Famitisu.

They just mention building up bonds between characters, several times, never suggesting any limit (number of supports or a level of bonds that can only be reached with a single character). Oddly enough, they also never mention that you can only build bonds with some characters, seemingly implying that everyone has supports with everyone.

Edited by NeonZ

Look, reduce A and 1 S to B and 1 A isn't good.

Yeah, but if you can get a whole lot of them then you still get the same benefit. Heck, I think in Awakening the support bonuses capped out at one S Support and one A Support.

Look, reduce A and 1 S to B and 1 A isn't good.

Honestly, it seems good to me. In FEA, S rank is supposed to be 'special', just like A rank in other FE.

I want there to be romances between some of the units, preferably more than one option for them so that it feels like I have some direction over the characters relationships with each other like Awakening.

I don't particularly care how they do it though. S supports, A supports, paired endings... they all seem like decent options to me.

Edited by EJ107