Nintendo Dream leaks (Spoilers!!!!)

I am trying my best to reserve my judgment, and think that they may do children in a manner that's actually refined, hold on to the possibility, but I also can't help thinking IS is going to correlate Awakening's sales to their legitimate-piece-of-shit execution of the Child system and do the same shit all over again.

HOEP WILL NEAVAR DEI?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What If children just come back to the Hoshido path? Just a crazy idea that I had but, at the moment, we can't see any Nohr (exclusive) pairing.

As Hoshido is for people who are beginner and for those who enjoyed more Awakening and Nohr is for traditional players... I don't know if this is likely or not but I wanted to share it to see what you think :/

That way we would have one game with children and one without it (3rd path no idea lol), to please everybody (?), like they did with grinding, etc.

Because older FE's had romantic supports that made more sense then "Lol lets get married instantly" And the purpose of it obviously is for having that cool "Oh we can have new characters with these skills and such" The old FE4 marriage system had a PURPOSE in the actual plot of the game the time skip and the fact that well a torch had to be passed, the way Awakening did it on the other hand detracts from the story and is partly why Awakenings plot failed so hard after the Gangrel arc.

My thoughts exactly. Really, if it takes time-travel or alternate dimensions to explain why a feature is in your game, it probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

What If children just come back to the Hoshido path? Just a crazy idea that I had but, at the moment, we can't see any Nohr (exclusive) pairing.

As Hoshido is for people who are beginner and for those who enjoyed more Awakening and Nohr is for traditional players... I don't know if this is likely or not but I wanted to share it to see what you think :/

That way we would have one game with children and one without it (3rd path no idea lol), to please everybody (?), like they did with grinding, etc.

That would be really nice actually. I hope this is the case, but I don't think it will be.

Because older FE's had romantic supports that made more sense then "Lol lets get married instantly" And the purpose of it obviously is for having that cool "Oh we can have new characters with these skills and such" The old FE4 marriage system had a PURPOSE in the actual plot of the game the time skip and the fact that well a torch had to be passed, the way Awakening did it on the other hand detracts from the story and is partly why Awakenings plot failed so hard after the Gangrel arc.

Exactly.

So,... at least I know well in advance I'm not buying this POS. Time for a profile re-theme.

Are y'all seriously saying that time travel or Outrealm stuff would be worse than finding a way to shove the kids into this game WITHOUT time travel?

Exactly.

So,... at least I know well in advance I'm not buying this POS. Time for a profile re-theme.

I'd say thats a bit of an extreme reaction. I still think both games are going to be incredibly solid, this is just a questionable choice on their part.

I'm thinking it may be more of a post game thing this time. I hope.

I said this in another topic, but...

There are 3 blank boxes under your items in the simple UI on the bottom screen with your stats and all.

If this does mean that there's a chance one couple can have 2 children, how would this work? We know fathers, at least Kamui and Tsukuyomi, can have children, but what about the women?

Are y'all seriously saying that time travel or Outrealm stuff would be worse than finding a way to shove the kids into this game WITHOUT time travel?

Well, pretty much the only way to shove kids into the game without time travel or other supernatural explanations would be a timeskip. I'll take a timeskip over time travel any day.

What if they don't play any role in the story at all? What if they're character dlc and you have to pay for them if you want them to show up in your game, lol?

I'd rather not see a whole group of possible characters get put into a Capcom style DLC thank you.

If they are there, I'll use em. If they are post-game? We'll see, it's going to HEAVILY depend on how they do it, but DLC doesn't work. I think only the amiibos should really do that, because well thats different.

Well, pretty much the only way to shove kids into the game without time travel or other supernatural explanations would be a timeskip. I'll take a timeskip over time travel any day.

You would rather shove a ~15-year timeskip into the middle of a game with no evidence of having a need for a timeskip in its main story and have all the characters somehow not age at all during that time than have a bit more magic in a game FILLED with magic?

Edited by Othin

I'd rather not see a whole group of possible characters get put into a Capcom style DLC thank you.

If they are there, I'll use em. If they are post-game? We'll see, it's going to HEAVILY depend on how they do it, but DLC doesn't work. I think only the amiibos should really do that, because well thats different.

They won't do that. I was kidding. What little I've heard, you get a S support between characters and their child appears. I could be very wrong, but that's what I seen floating around so far.

They won't do that. I was kidding. What little I've heard, you get a S support between characters and their child appears. I could be very wrong, but that's what I seen floating around so far.

Sorry for taking you seriously haha I didn't realize the joke.

It's just I'm thinking Nohr is gonna have old game style gaidens so... Hmm. I was thinking maybe Nohr gets kids post game and Hoshido gets them sooner if it does something like Awakening with its Paralogues, but I dno.

You would rather shove a ~15-year timeskip into the middle of a game with no evidence of having a need for a timeskip in its main story and have all the characters somehow not age at all during that time than have a bit more magic in a game FILLED with magic?

...Yes?

It's just I'm thinking Nohr is gonna have old game style gaidens so... Hmm. I was thinking maybe Nohr gets kids post game and Hoshido gets them sooner if it does something like Awakening with its Paralogues, but I dno.

Old style gaiden can still involve outer dimensions though, isn't that how Marth recruit Nagi in FE11?

Old style gaiden can still involve outer dimensions though, isn't that how Marth recruit Nagi in FE11?

It's been quite some time since I have done that Gaiden in FE11. So I don't recall it sorry.

My thoughts exactly. Really, if it takes time-travel or alternate dimensions to explain why a feature is in your game, it probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

We already knew for a while that you can recruit characters from other players and visit their castles. And we had the 4 Amiibo characters confirmed too. Some kind of dimensional traveling had been confirmed from the start for the game's side content.

The only question here is whether these children will be side content or actually integrated into the main story. So far, it seems to be the first.

Edited by NeonZ

No problem.

That might be it. Since we supposedly can't grind in Nohr, it would make sense for the kids to be saved till the end. Maybe a way to grind units will be opened up post game in Nohr.

We already knew for a while that you can recruit characters from other players and visit their castles. And we had the 4 Amiibo characters confirmed too. Some kind of dimensional traveling had been confirmed from the start for the game's side content.

The only question here is whether these children will be side content or actually integrated into the main story. So far, it seems to be the first.

The first part is just optional side content that is non-canon.

And then here's the thing: if the kids ARE non-canon/not integrated with the main story, then the point of them existing (along with S-supports) is solely to appeal to those who have an unhealthy obsession with "Waifu Emblem".

Im rlly okey whit it (i dont like time traveling tho) but that was in my opinion one of the most fun things to do in awakening and gave the game more replay ability (plz dont kill me for saying my opinion xD)

Edited by Kujja

The first part is just optional side content that is non-canon.

And then here's the thing: if the kids ARE non-canon/not integrated with the main story, then the point of them existing (along with S-supports) is solely to appeal to those who have an unhealthy obsession with "Waifu Emblem".

And it's the only reasonable way they COULD show up. Bonus content for fans is one thing, but another game with story-relevant kids this soon would be madness.