Still can't decide whether to go Hoshido or Nohr first.

SilverPants

168 members have voted

1. 1. Hoshido or Nohr first?

• Hosido
    • Nohr

Thinking about it now, I don't think the difficulty downgrade is going to be too much of an issue for me either. I'm already pretty familiar with the series' mechanics anyway so it's not like I'll need to be eased into the harder mode or anything.

That's what I've been thinking, too. If anything, I'll just start the Hoshido campaign on a harder difficulty after I finish Nohr, so there won't be any noticeable drop.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick what ever side you want some people picking Hosido because it easier and most similar to Awakening while the other playing it because they want to get used to battle Mechanics. The mechanics to me seem like the mechanics used to in Awakening just more updated. But the path I am going first is Norh.that third path.

If you're itching to check out what's new and geared towards drawing in more players, go with the experimental (Hoshido).

If you want to enjoy a another Fire Emblem game and stay within more familiar territory, go with the traditional (Nohr).

Or do it the fun way: Flip a coin.

Edited by Sirius

I'm surprised how few people seem to think both Hoshido and Nohr have a good share of new stuff rather than just one or the other.

I'm surprised how few people seem to think both Hoshido and Nohr have a good share of new stuff rather than just one or the other.

I think they both have a lot of good new material. In particular, I really like the new Hoshido classes and can't wait to try them out. I'm still not entirely set on starting Nohr first, but I'm still leaning that way right now. It's a delicate balancing test.

I will admit hoshido is the best starting path due to its lower difficulty and grinding it would be ideal for getting an idea of this games mechanics and raising super OP teams, but thats about it.

Nohr on the other hand will be ideal for the rest of the playthroughs unless you don't like a tactical challenge

Though I personally am going to be playing Nohr first because In Hoshido I would just become incredibly impatient to play the game I actually want to play

Edited by Mackc2

I'm probably going to get the download version, since it will make the route split feel more like an organic choice. You can play those first 6 chapters and then make the decision at the same time as Kamui, as it should be!

(Except I already know I'm starting with Hoshido because I like the difficulty curve more that way)

That kind of black and white don't you think so just because you aren't blood related means the bonds the memories with that are all fake.

Except Corrin DID live a lie. He/she was led to believe that he/she was a Nohr royal and that Garon is his/her father and that the Nohr siblings are his/her true siblings and all that when none of this is true.

I can imagine worse things Garon could have done to you than have you live a lie for your entire life as a child. At least he let you have a life, and I can't imagine life as a prince/princess of Nohr would be a terrible one lol.

If you wanna live in cruel reality, choose Nohr.

If you wanna live in happy Mary Sue land, choose Hoshido.

If you hate oversimplified binaries, go the third route and ride off into the sunset.

Except Corrin DID live a lie. He/she was led to believe that he/she was a Nohr royal and that Garon is his/her father and that the Nohr siblings are his/her true siblings and all that when none of this is true.

The Nohr siblings are still his siblings, though. Blood isn't everything. They grew up loving Corrin and obviously still loved him after they found out he's not related to them. Xander, as next in line for the Nohrian throne, risked everything with all he did to help out and protect Corrin. I wouldn't put it past Garon to execute any of his kids if he found they went behind his back to help Corrin.

That's one reason why I have to play the Nohr version first. It grieves me the thought of Corrin turning his back on the siblings he grew up with and who love him so dearly. I'm sure the Hoshido siblings will be fantastic, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing their relationships with Corrin, but it's going to be sooo hard for me to play the Hoshido version.

Edited by Sir Frederick

The choice between Hoshido and Nohr (at least from an emotional standpoint) really is difficult. I'm set on going to Hoshido first, but I still have to be prepared to face the people who loved me and thought I loved them.

...I still dooooo...

Yeah, I had a tough time deciding at first too. I'm vastly more interested in Nohr's story, characters, and gameplay, but felt like it'd be lackluster going from the hard path to the easy path.

My friend ended up telling me that if I went Hoshido->Nohr I'd probably just spend the whole game wishing that I was playing Nohr instead and it'd spoil the Hoshido route anyway. Looking at it that way...I think she's right. I'd rather have as much fun with it my first time through and not feel like I'm withholding the better experience from myself. Then afterwards I can go into Hoshido and have fun playing it from the other side without feeling like it's just something I need to blaze through to get to the game I'm more excited for.

Thinking about it now, I don't think the difficulty downgrade is going to be too much of an issue for me either. I'm already pretty familiar with the series' mechanics anyway so it's not like I'll need to be eased into the harder mode or anything.

I'm the exact opposite, I look at playing Nohr first (which by all accounts is the superior version) like eating your desert first. I always save the best for last so I can leave with a good impression. I'm also more worried about playing (and loving) Nohr then playing Hoshido and thinking "Nohr did this so much better".

Edited by BlueL

It's really difficult for me, but I'm definitely going with Nohr. Seeing this scene in the treehouse direct was pretty heartbreaking

[spoiler=chapter 7 for both hoshido and nohr]

YATVwIY.png

It's difficult for me to choose, too. Like, so far the only FE game I've played is Awakening, and even there I'm not super amazing or anything. So, because of that, Hoshido may be the better path for me. That and I really, really like its feudal Japan setting.

And yet... I feel like I just *CAN'T* abandon my Nohr siblings. Yeah, Garon's a jerk who kidnapped me and stuff, but Camilla, Leo, and Elise genuinely care for me. They're my family, too. And I feel like I can't just... leave the people whom I've loved for so many years.

So... I think, even though the Nohr path may give me quite a bit of trouble, I may choose them first. (At least there's a long time to think about this, right?)

Also, one thing that make my heart all fuzzy is how Marx said 'Now that Kamui is there, our family is finally complete', no matter how cheesy it sounds. The choice still leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I can't deny the pinkiness of those words.

Honestly it's a hard question. Me ? I'll choose Nohr first, but you raise a good point with Hoshido not living up to Nohr.

I can't really help you... or yes, you could play Hoshido first, then Nohr just after.

...Now that's problably something I'll end up doing.
That's an original concept, we love Nohr so much, that we choose Hoshido first. :p

Edited by B.Leu

The Nohr siblings are still his siblings, though. Blood isn't everything. They grew up loving Corrin and obviously still loved him after they found out he's not related to them. Xander, as next in line for the Nohrian throne, risked everything with all he did to help out and protect Corrin. I wouldn't put it past Garon to execute any of his kids if he found they went behind his back to help Corrin.

That's one reason why I have to play the Nohr version first. It grieves me the thought of Corrin turning his back on the siblings he grew up with and who love him so dearly. I'm sure the Hoshido siblings will be fantastic, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing their relationships with Corrin, but it's going to be sooo hard for me to play the Hoshido version.

I couldn't say it any better myself I mean sure Gardon lied to Corrin but his memories and the love he feel for sure aren't fake. Wow I am surprised Hosido won the polls this time I guess Hosido is the ideal route for people to start on.

That kind of black and white don't you think so just because you aren't blood related means the bonds the memories with that are all fake.

It does.

Nohr are the aggressors, they killed your father, stole you away from your family and home, they locked you up and even the siblings refuse to let you return home.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Nohr are the aggressors, they killed your father, stole you away from your family and home, they locked you up and even the siblings refuse to let you return home.

Alright, I want a Nohr exclusive character with a story like Kamui's, kidnapped and raised in Nohr and wants to become stronger just to kill Nohrians from the inside.