Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was possible to get 100% Vengeance and Armsthrift in Awakening, so I don't see why not.

I'm going to test it to make sure, but at the moment the apparently 90% rate has already been activating every attack, so I suppose it might be unecessary.

Skills aren't gender-locked, so it is almost certainly possible to purchase or inherit a gender-specific skill. However, it might be impossible to purchase DLC skills, that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Remember though that the only Dark Tome in the game right now is Nosferatu, so you are better off just getting Sol than Shadowgift.

Thanks man, I guess I'll stick with Moonlight or Sol until we see if any new Dark Tomes show up (like that Mire Tome data...)

Seeing how weak some stave's healing is in this game, and how limited their uses and their ability to be purchased is, who thinks that regenerative skills (Renewal, Sun God, Sol, Lifetaker, etc.) might be ultimately significantly more valuable than they were in Awakening?

Seeing how weak some stave's healing is in this game, and how limited their uses and their ability to be purchased is, who thinks that regenerative skills (Renewal, Sun God, Sol, Lifetaker, etc.) might be ultimately significantly more valuable than they were in Awakening?

Depends on your unit. Some units would love Renewal/Life Taker(Generals, Shura, GK, other heavy defense tanks), but not as bulky units that do damage would prefer Sol and Nosferatu(Sorcerer's, Holy Lancer).

Edited by Psyruby

Yeah, can't believe I never noticed this before, but Astra=lots of Shield Gauge if the attacks go through.

Would be pretty trolly if you had vantage + Astra + Shield Gauge, but the proc rate can only go so high (Base 15-20 depending your skill)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Yeah, can't believe I never noticed this before, but Astra=lots of Shield Gauge if the attacks go through.

Would be pretty trolly if you had vantage + Astra + Shield Gauge, but the proc rate can only go so high (Base 15-20 depending your skill)

Conveniently, Vantage and Astra show up on the same class tree.

I dunno if it has been asked, but do we still learn skills in a reclass after we've reached our level cap or do we basically reach a skill limit?

I have a question regarding Draconic Shield. Does it use the Luck of the savee, or the saver? Basically, if Kamui were mothering Midoriko, which would work better with Lucky Charm: Draconic Shield, or Hoshido?

(Also, if anybody cares, does it stack with Pavise/Aegis, or can only one damage-halving skill proc at a time?)

Edited by Tamarsamar

I have a question regarding Draconic Shield. Does it use the Luck of the savee, or the saver? Basically, if Kamui were mothering Midoriko, which would work better with Lucky Charm: Draconic Shield, or Hoshido?

(Also, if anybody cares, does it stack with Pavise/Aegis, or can only one damage-halving skill proc at a time?)

I don't know about the Luck part, but I assume the game treats skills like this as if it belongs to the unit that it is affecting. So if Draconic Shield is activated for a unit, it would be treated as the unit's own defensive proc skill so Pavise/Aegis can't activate simultaneously with it. Kaze's Miraculous Save personal skill probably also acts like this, effectively 'giving' Miracle to the other unit. Generally only one damage-affecting defensive skill that has an animation can occur at a time.

I could be wrong so if anyone can disprove this, by all means go ahead

Edited by Bovinian

Soooo.... Defensive Formation. This skill might seem like a meh option for most characters, but it can also be crazy if used right. This set was posted in the Unit Optimization thread, and I don't take credit for it.

Orochi!Ophelia@Sorcerer/Witch

+1/+5/+4/-2/+1/-1/+1

-[blossoming Mind]

-Defensive Formation (Marriage with Ignis/Orochi A+ with Effie/Odin A+ with Benoit)

-Ogre Strike (Orochi A+ with Rinkah/Odin A+ Hinata)

-Awakening (DLC)

-Vantage

-Geelfurse (DLC again)

[This is Awakening calculations, btw.] So, with an assumed cap at 30 Skl (as a Sorc, or 31 as a Witch) Ophelia will have 15 (15.5) Crit all by herself. +20 from Odin's Tome of Darkness (Better Mt than Mjolnir), 10 from Blossomimg Mind, 10 from Sorc/Witch, and 20 from Ogre Strike, we have 75% Crit. Add Awakening when below 50% health and we have 105%. With Awakening Calcs and it's crazy stat inflation. Ouch.

Soooo.... Defensive Formation. This skill might seem like a meh option for most characters, but it can also be crazy if used right. This set was posted in the Unit Optimization thread, and I don't take credit for it.

Orochi!Ophelia@Sorcerer/Witch

+1/+5/+4/-2/+1/-1/+1

-[blossoming Mind]

-Defensive Formation (Marriage with Ignis/Orochi A+ with Effie/Odin A+ with Benoit)

-Ogre Strike (Orochi A+ with Rinkah/Odin A+ Hinata)

-Awakening (DLC)

-Vantage

-Geelfurse (DLC again)

[This is Awakening calculations, btw.] So, with an assumed cap at 30 Skl (as a Sorc, or 31 as a Witch) Ophelia will have 15 (15.5) Crit all by herself. +20 from Odin's Tome of Darkness (Better Mt than Mjolnir), 10 from Blossomimg Mind, 10 from Sorc/Witch, and 20 from Ogre Strike, we have 75% Crit. Add Awakening when below 50% health and we have 105%. With Awakening Calcs and it's crazy stat inflation. Ouch.

I'd swap Galeforce with Copycat. Imagine having two Orochi!Ophelias on the battlefield. Galeforce doesn't appear to be as useful this time around...

Have Ophelia marry Ignis, Odin A+ Hinata, and have Orochi A+ Kagerou.

Edited by Leif

Honestly imo the best use for Defensive Formation on a Sorcerer would be to make Nostanking somewhat viable again, since it offsets the most important nerf to that tactic. It can still be combined with Vantage and would be pretty annoying

Honestly imo the best use for Defensive Formation on a Sorcerer would be to make Nostanking somewhat viable again, since it offsets the most important nerf to that tactic. It can still be combined with Vantage and would be pretty annoying

Why not have both? Ophelia needs three weapons to activate her personal skill anyways. Plus, since Clones share user's HP. It'd be cool to have both Nosferatu Tank, then switch to Critical mode when both are below half. Can Odin's Darkness Tome be forged?? Can S-ranked weapons be forged??

Witch seems a little more squishy than a Sorcerer, so Sorcerer would be good for a tanking Ophelia.

I wish I could see what the witch class looks like.

Now that I mention it, I also don't know what Female Sorcerers looks like...

Edited by Leif

I'd swap Galeforce with Copycat. Imagine having two Orochi!Ophelias on the battlefield. Galeforce doesn't appear to be as useful this time around...

Have Ophelia marry Ignis, Odin A+ Hinata, and have Orochi A+ Kagerou.

Yeah, that's true. Another gimicky but effective build is...

Setsuna!Kisaragi@Elite Ninja

+2/+1/+5/+2/+1/+0/-2

-Strength Seal (Takumi A+ Ryoma)

-Magic Seal (Marriage to any child with DM, Kamui)

-Speed Seal (Takumi passes down Lance Fighter)

-Defense Seal (See above)

-Resistance Seal (Setsuna A+ Rinkah)

Slap some shurikens on this dude, toss him at a boss or into a wifi battle, and watch the world burn.

Why not have both? Ophelia needs three weapons to activate her personal skill anyways. Plus, since Clones share user's HP. It'd be cool to have both Nosferatu Tank, then switch to Critical mode when both are below half. Can Odin's Darkness Tome be forged?? Can S-ranked weapons be forged??

Witch seems a little more squishy than a Sorcerer, so Sorcerer would be good for a tanking Ophelia.

I wish I could see what the witch class looks like.

Now that I mention it, I also don't know what Female Sorcerers looks like...

You need to use up another copy of the same weapon to forge the original, so stuff like S-ranked weapons probably can't be forged. No idea how many of the special weapons like Odin's darkness tome can be found in the game though, or if you'd want to give up having a second one just to make the first one slightly stronger.

The crit build relies on successfully getting to below half HP to wreck shit with Awakening and make Vantage work, and Nosferatu actively goes against this so I don't think they'd work too great together, best to focus on one or the other

You need to use up another copy of the same weapon to forge the original, so stuff like S-ranked weapons probably can't be forged. No idea how many of the special weapons like Odin's darkness tome can be found in the game though, or if you'd want to give up having a second one just to make the first one slightly stronger.

The crit build relies on successfully getting to below half HP to wreck shit with Awakening and make Vantage work, and Nosferatu actively goes against this so I don't think they'd work too great together, best to focus on one or the other

Not necessarily... Even with Awakening's calculations, which make room for crazy stat inflation, she gets about 75% Crit. Just make sure Harold is hanging out somewhere near by.

Yeah, that's true. Another gimicky but effective build is...

Setsuna!Kisaragi@Elite Ninja

+2/+1/+5/+2/+1/+0/-2

-Strength Seal (Takumi A+ Ryoma)

-Magic Seal (Marriage to any child with DM, Kamui)

-Speed Seal (Takumi passes down Lance Fighter)

-Defense Seal (See above)

-Resistance Seal (Setsuna A+ Rinkah)

Slap some shurikens on this dude, toss him at a boss or into a wifi battle, and watch the world burn.

Well, yeah, but I'd argue using a shruriken or kunai that lowers more important stats, like defense, speed, etc.

Swap out the seal skills with abilities that increase your offenses.

I could see a build like that working for normal play, but it may not be as useful in PvP.

Then again, I have to actually play the game and test these theories out.

True, but since weapons can't break and Sorcerers and Witches only have Tomes at their disposal, I'd slap on as many effective weapons as possible. Some of the Hoshido Spells look incredibly useful. Excalibur would be great on a Defensive Formation!Ophelia, since it effectively negates the +5 double attack bonus given to the enemy. Some of the weapon triangle reversing spells look awesome too.

Edited by Leif

That's why he's an Elite Ninja, though...

I know that. I was just wondering if an effective Kunai or Shuriken would be enough so you didn't need all those "Seal" skills.

You know, have stuff like Breaking Sky, etc.

I know that. I was just wondering if an effective Kunai or Shuriken would be enough so you didn't need all those "Seal" skills.

You know, have stuff like Breaking Sky, etc.

The thing is that he doesn't even need to do damage, if the Shuriken connects their offense will be like paper cuts and their defenses will be like Swiss cheese. You'd have to be careful with him, as he's frail, but he's dodgetanky and has Swords to do real damage if need be. I figured he'd be nice for Zerkers and the like because he would lower all of their stats except Skill and Luck, although Kagerou's Dazzling Shuriken or whatever does lower Skill. However, if you did want to get rid of one of the Seals, you could have Witch's Poison passed down from Setsuna. It's a proc Freeze, basically.