Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been trying to wait until the tome info was dumped to ask this, but what exactly does shadowgift do in this game? Are their still dark tomes? Are they unusable by the hosidian side normally because they are not dark mages? I've been wondering about this for quite a while.

I have most of the currently known tome information in the Weapons thread. The only one explicitly described to be limited to dark mages is Nosferatu, but there are probably more...? I would assume at least Leo's personal tome Brynhilde and "Odin's tome of darkness" would be considered dark tomes, but I have absolutely no idea >_>

I have most of the currently known tome information in the Weapons thread. The only one explicitly described to be limited to dark mages is Nosferatu, but there are probably more...? I would assume at least Leo's personal tome Brynhilde and "Odin's tome of darkness" would be considered dark tomes, but I have absolutely no idea >_>

Speaking of, is it possibly to forge Odin's Tome of darkness? at least so far as to rename it for odin's crit bonus? I'm not sure if personal weapons can be forged

Edited by weeaboo simulator

Speaking of, is it possibly to forge Odin's Tome of darkness? at least so far as to rename it for odin's crit bonus? I'm not sure if personal weapons can be forged

The weapons that are called "_____'s ______" aren't considered personal weapons; they can be used by anyone just as stuff like Seliph's Blade and Sigurd's Lance were usable by anyone in Awakening. So yeah I'd guess they can be forged.

The weapons that are called "_____'s ______" aren't considered personal weapons; they can be used by anyone just as stuff like Seliph's Blade and Sigurd's Lance were usable by anyone in Awakening. So yeah I'd guess they can be forged.

Oh heck yes 30 percent crit off that bat before skill is even involved. This power is too much... can't...control and that book even does the x4 crits.. hooo boooy I am going to have fun with odin

So, remember when we saw Level 40 Felicia a while ago, what is the deal with that? Do pre-premotes have 40 levels so they can Parallel Seal themselves to get all of the skills- ie: When Felicia gets both of her Maid skills, can she gain the skills from her other classes if you Parallel Seal? Can someone clear this up for me please?

She most likely made use of a new seal item called eternal seal, it raises your max level cap by 5 per use, i don't know the cap, And when you reclass you get all the skills of the base class and if applicable the promoted one that you reach the level requirements and you get one skill per levwl in that class so for my understanding if you parallel seal a level 5 Felicia as a maid to brave hero she will get the level one mercenary skill then next level she will get the lvl 10 skill than next lvl the lvl 5 brave hero skill.

So, remember when we saw Level 40 Felicia a while ago, what is the deal with that? Do pre-premotes have 40 levels so they can Parallel Seal themselves to get all of the skills- ie: When Felicia gets both of her Maid skills, can she gain the skills from her other classes if you Parallel Seal? Can someone clear this up for me please?

It's likely that prepromotes get different Level caps, depending on the situation. From what I can tell, so Ryoma and Xander still cap at 20, because they start with better stats.

She most likely made use of a new seal item called eternal seal, it raises your max level cap by 5 per use, i don't know the cap, And when you reclass you get all the skills of the base class and if applicable the promoted one that you reach the level requirements and you get one skill per levwl in that class so for my understanding if you parallel seal a level 5 Felicia as a maid to brave hero she will get the level one mercenary skill then next level she will get the lvl 10 skill than next lvl the lvl 5 brave hero skill.

I can confirm that characters have passed Level 20 without Eternal Seals.

And now I have an interesting new question about the learning of skills. Talking about units you can get in the logbook somebody said:

You can also buy skills from them (though it only applies to the character you bought it from, like if you buy astra off of ryoma when your own ryoma doesn't have it yet, the skill goes to your own ryoma)

This got me to thinking... could this potentially be used to get any character to avatar levels of skills given enough street passing? For example, say we have Ms A and Ms B who on their own can't be ninjas or its promotions, but they can both potentially marry Mr C (Who can be a Ninja), and then gain it themselves since they can get the classes of the one they marry. If you don't want either your own Ms A or Ms B to Marry Mr C, but you want some skill that can can only be gotten that way (lke copycat puppet). If you street pass a team that has a Ms A/B that does already know the skill because they did decide to marry the right character for it, could you then just buy that skill off them and gain it yourself?

Yeah it seems that Jacob and Felicia have inbuilt Eternal Seals; I got Jacob to 20 and then he just kept going. Corrin and Ryoma don't, though. I don't know about other characters.

And now I have an interesting new question about the learning of skills. Talking about units you can get in the logbook somebody said:

This got me to thinking... could this potentially be used to get any character to avatar levels of skills given enough street passing? For example, say we have Ms A and Ms B who on their own can't be ninjas or its promotions, but they can both potentially marry Mr C (Who can be a Ninja), and then gain it themselves since they can get the classes of the one they marry. If you don't want either your own Ms A or Ms B to Marry Mr C, but you want some skill that can can only be gotten that way (lke copycat puppet). If you street pass a team that has a Ms A/B that does already know the skill because they did decide to marry the right character for it, could you then just buy that skill off them and gain it yourself?

Yes, that's the general idea. It's dnone this way to make my castle visits (battle style) more appealing.

So, personal skills can't be removed?

Can almost any other (non-DLC/non-enemy-only) skill either be acquired for a unit via a My Castle purchase or, in the case of children, through inheritance?

And are their any restrictions as to what skills cannot be purchased/inherited? I'm assuming personal skills among others, but confirmation would be appreciated.

Yeah personal skills are completely separate from the whole thing. Each character has just one and has no access to others. It's class skills that can be changed around and purchased and inherited.

Yeah it seems that Jacob and Felicia have inbuilt Eternal Seals; I got Jacob to 20 and then he just kept going. Corrin and Ryoma don't, though. I don't know about other characters.

Felicia and Joker are actually completely unique. Maid and Butler are normal promoted Rod Knights that go to level 20 like everyone else. Joker and Felicia, however, have a unique version of the class that goes to level 40 and gains unpromoted amounts of EXP below level 20, just like Akua's Singer class.

Felicia and Joker are actually completely unique. Maid and Butler are normal promoted Rod Knights that go to level 20 like everyone else. Joker and Felicia, however, have a unique version of the class that goes to level 40 and gains unpromoted amounts of EXP below level 20, just like Akua's Singer class.

Strange. How does it interact with Parallel Seals?

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but the page for the personal Nohr skills appears to have Ignis and Foleo's skills reversed. Ignis has Timid and Foleo has Foul Play, instead of vice versa.

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but the page for the personal Nohr skills appears to have Ignis and Foleo's skills reversed. Ignis has Timid and Foleo has Foul Play, instead of vice versa.

Huh, I thought the former was more fitting, ESPECIALLY considering what Foleo looks like.

Katanas/naginatas/clubs/yumi/shurikens. basically leaves out tomes/spells.

I was actually referring to which weapons of those types it can give you. I mean, it can't be all of them, right?