Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the weapons' thread, Icy Toast posted weapons with a similar effect.

It seems to be exactly what's on the title.

Can verify that Sophie's skill does exactly what those weapons were described as doing. She hits an enemy and their clothes and armor just explode off, leaving them in their underwear.

I'm not sure what limits it might have beyond the requirement that Sophie initiates combat and hits. I didn't notice anything in the first few maps I used her for, and nothing happened when I tested it in a skirmish, but then in the following chapter she activated it every time.

Are the Kunaibreaker, Tomebreaker, and Bowbreaker skills listed for the correct classes?

I'm surprised that both Tomebreaker and Bow Breaker would get moved around like on the original list.

But who knows?

I can verify Tomebreaker on Butler and Defense Cry on Dragonmasters. So yes, it seems they did some shifting.

Edited by Othin

Can verify that Sophie's skill does exactly what those weapons were described as doing. She hits an enemy and their clothes and armor just explode off, leaving them in their underwear.

I'm not sure what limits it might have beyond the requirement that Sophie initiates combat and hits. I didn't notice anything in the first few maps I used her for, and nothing happened when I tested it in a skirmish, but then in the following chapter she activated it every time.

Didn't someone post a picture of special my castle armour (it was a bikini i think, but there were others), that gave stat boosts?

The skill is probably supposed to help against those.

So, knightarmour counts as clothes for this skill? Awkward. Do they stay in their undies for the rest of the map? It really has become Fanservice Emblem.

... Seriously?

Damn...

Why IS...

Also, can anyone verify what weapons Smithy Skill can give? I would except Bronze and Iron at least, and maybe Steel and the ranged options for swords/lances/axes. Killer and Silver weapons seem like less of a possibility.

It might give joke weapons only as well.

Also, I find it interesting that Hoshido has all but one faire skill (Nohr gets Axefaire which kind of makes sense since hoshido has only classes with axes) while Nohr has all but one breaker skill (Hoshido gets Lancebreaker).

It's even more awkward because if Sophie hits an enemy, they're probably dead.

This makes it difficult to test the duration. They do stay stripped at least for other battles that same turn; I don't know what happens past that.

So we're not posting the unattached skills? (proximity shot, dragonskin, random bonuses, etc, other misc skills) (which are more or less enemy only, Hinoka has the skill that cancels flying weakness when faced in Nohr)

I'll add them when I have time.

Also, I realised I screwed up Matoi's skill after I added the page. It should be "the higher of Strength and Magic", not "Strength and Magic". Basically, it compares the enemy's best offensive stat with Matoi's (Strength vs Strength OR Magic vs Magic).

Personal skills finally done!

Now I can finally sleep tonight XD

If you notice any errors, let me know. Some of the wording of the skills is a bit vague, so I had to use my intuition based on the skill name, the character, etc.

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work.

Some of those skills are very interesting~~

Things I noticed about Breaking Sky is

Apparently to minimize (or it could be coincidental) your benefits from it, for example, there are lots of physical units with 0 mag, so if you use magic on them breaking sky is essentially useless.

I suppose it'd still work on units, but it seems like the bonus won't be that great unless you attack a high str/mag unit.

Done : )

Nah, it's fine. I have the game files thanks to SciresM.

Oh yeah, I fixed that. It wasn't the icons that were mixed up, but the skills were in the wrong order. Which is the same thing I guess.

To clarify… Marriage Seals and Buddy skills… when they grant extra class change options, does it operate off only the primary class, or does it also grant the ability to change any of the classes, including secondary class trees?

Also, to what extent are they available?

If a unit who has a mix of Hoshidan and Nohrian classes marries or A+ supports someone from one faction and that person uses a marriage/buddy seal, can that person get the class from the other faction that they don't belong to?

Example:

Suppose 3rd route Luna marries Tsubaki. Luna has Pegasus Warrior (Hoshidan) and Mercenary (Nohrian) but is a Nohrian unit. Subaki has only Hoshidan classes.

If Subaki uses a Marriage Seal, can he become a Mercenary, even though its not a Hoshidan class?

Edited by astrophys

To clarify… Marriage Seals and Buddy skills… when they grant extra class change options, does it operate off only the primary class, or does it also grant the ability to change any of the classes, including secondary class trees?

Also, to what extent are they available?

If a unit who has a mix of Hoshidan and Nohrian classes marries or A+ supports someone from one faction and that person uses a marriage/buddy seal, can that person get the class from the other faction that they don't belong to?

Example:

Suppose 3rd route Luna marries Tsubaki. Luna has Pegasus Warrior (Hoshidan) and Mercenary (Nohrian) but is a Nohrian unit. Subaki has only Hoshidan classes.

If Subaki uses a Marriage Seal, can he become a Mercenary, even though its not a Hoshidan class?

To my understanding, it simply allows the unit to change into the class that their spouse/buddy is in *currently*. I.e. if Silas is married to a Blacksmith Rinkah, if Silas used a marriage seal, he could change into a Blacksmith.

And, Hoshido/Nohr class distinction doesn't matter.

Edited by Sky Soldier

It's even more awkward because if Sophie hits an enemy, they're probably dead.

This makes it difficult to test the duration. They do stay stripped at least for other battles that same turn; I don't know what happens past that.

I've seen images of broken armor in one of hamayama's videos. When characters respawn in Phoenix mode, they look wary from the battle, like covered with mud and the clothes slightly torn.

I've seen images of broken armor in one of hamayama's videos. When characters respawn in Phoenix mode, they look wary from the battle, like covered with mud and the clothes slightly torn.

So they can make a whole bunch of 3d combat models for that, and for the underwear fighting, and yet they can't be bothered to make icons for individual weapons and items anymore.

Vincent, according to this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/zbVrihJ.png

It appears the description for Flora's personal skill on the site (http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/personal-skills/) is incorrect, and it should be that the enemy only receives half the damage. Also, it applies only to indirect attacks (does that mean ranged?)

Edited by Bovinian

You can un-equip skills, right? It's just that I want to get rid of that stupid "Generals can't double" skill.

EDIT: It's called "Defensive Formation", apparently.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Are the Kunaibreaker, Tomebreaker, and Bowbreaker skills listed for the correct classes?

I'm surprised that both Tomebreaker and Bow Breaker would get moved around like on the original list.

But who knows?

It better reflects the changes to the weapon triangle. Kunai beats Tome, Tome beats bows and bows beat Kunai. Sadly Sorcerers no longer get the most broken -breaker skill in the game.

Another correction for the main site:

I'm pretty sure Oni Savage and Wyvern Rider's Cut Through and Shove skills are switched - Oni should have Shove and Wyvern Rider should have Cut Through.

Source: http://enjoi8.sakura.ne.jp/fe_if/skill_2.html

http://enjoi8.sakura.ne.jp/fe_if/skill_2_1.html

Also the icons (as well as the general concept, considering the classes) make much more sense when the two are switched.

Edited by Bovinian

Thanks! I didn't even notice I ordered them wrong >___<

BTW, just to reconfirm, does anyone have the default Levels when skills are gained? Is it just like Awakening? Eg. 1 and 10 for non-promoted, then 5 and 15 for promoted?

How does Singer (and the other classes with 4 skils) fit in?