Release hype thread

VincentASM

I made a tutorial (with pictures) if some of you are still having trouble with knowing how to get the Amie models to work. I'll also include how to make them talk using the My Room voice clips. EDIT: Apparently the images are broken so here's a link to the folder of the screenshots instead and just follow along :>

You can download all the My Room sounds clips here.

1. The files that look like 'V's are your MOC files. Drag them into the box.

2. I'm using Lazward for this tutorial. Once you have dragged the MOC file, you should get a black silhouette of your character.

3. Beside the MOC file of your choosing, you should see two or three image files of your character in parts. These are your textures. Drag them into the empty space under textures.

4. Select the texture folder and you should see the texture files in the boxed window. Under 'no', input the numbers that correspond to the LAST number of the texture name (ie. for the first texture, we would input '0'). Do this for all textures, check off the boxes for both and hit apply.

5. Ta-da! If you did it right, you should see your model as such. Now you can add additional subtle movements under the animation tab, but it's completely optional. Personally, I always enable everything.

6. Go to the motion data and select the folder with your character model. Copy and paste ALL MTN files into the empty space under textures.

7. This next bit will show you how to make the character talk using the voice clips. Under project, go to add and select lip sync.

8. In the motions folder, all the motions with the beginning ME are all the noticeable movements your character makes. You can playback to see what I mean. If you know what the character says per motion, select one of them and click on the box with the dots beside sound. This will prompt you to choose a sound clip. Once you've got the one you want, open it and hit playback. You should see your character talking in time with the voice clip!

Note: If you don't have the voice clips but you want to see your model move, then ignore the steps with the lip sync and sound.

I hope this helps anyone!

Edited by carefreejules

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a tutorial (with pictures) if some of you are still having trouble with knowing how to get the Amie models to work. I'll also include how to make them talk using the My Room voice clips. EDIT: Apparently the images are broken so here's a link to the folder of the screenshots instead and just follow along :>

You can download all the My Room sounds clips here.

1. The files that look like 'V's are your MOC files. Drag them into the box.

2. I'm using Lazward for this tutorial. Once you have dragged the MOC file, you should get a black silhouette of your character.

3. Beside the MOC file of your choosing, you should see two or three image files of your character in parts. These are your textures. Drag them into the empty space under textures.

4. Select the texture folder and you should see the texture files in the boxed window. Under 'no', input the numbers that correspond to the LAST number of the texture name (ie. for the first texture, we would input '0'). Do this for all textures and hit apply.

5. Ta-da! If you did it right, you should see your model as such. Now you can add additional subtle movements under the animation tab, but it's completely optional. Personally, I always enable everything.

6. Go to the motion data and select the folder with your character model. Copy and paste ALL MTN files into the empty space under textures.

7. This next bit will show you how to make the character talk using the voice clips. Under project, go to add and select lip sync.

8. In the motions folder, all the motions with the beginning ME are all the noticeable movements your character makes. You can playback to see what I mean. If you know what the character says per motion, select one of them and click on the box with the dots beside sound. This will prompt you to choose a sound clip. Once you've got the one you want, open it and hit playback. You should see your character talking in time with the voice clip!

Note: If you don't have the voice clips but you want to see your model move, then ignore the steps with the lip sync and sound.

I hope this helps anyone!

Oh! You're a man among men, or woman among women I should say. Thanks so much, I'll get this to work! :D

I know I'm late to the party on this, but anyway. I watched the end of the Nohr route via Maurice's youtube channel, and what I thought was one big forum joke was proven to be real.

This is laughable chuckle worthy, what with the timing of the "Blame Takumi" meme, and such jokes as "Takumi's going to be the final boss of the 3rd route" and the general (joking) demonization of him... it's just too perfect. Hoshido and the "Invisible Demon Kingdom" have giant dragons as final bosses, but what does Nohr have? Takumi.

Though now I can complain that you don't lose either of your Hoshido sisters on the Nohr route, and that Hoshido route in general actually seems to be the darker of the two (Elise dying for you, the possibility of Sazukaze dying, Flora's suicide, Gunther being gone for good... it just seems odd).

Edited by The DanMan

I know I'm late to the party on this, but anyway. I watched the end of the Nohr route via Maurice's youtube channel, and what I thought was one big forum joke was proven to be real.

This is laughable chuckle worthy, what with the timing of the "Blame Takumi" meme, and such jokes as "Takumi's going to be the final boss of the 3rd route" and the general (joking) demonization of him... it's just too perfect. Hoshido and the "Invisible Demon Kingdom" have giant dragons as final bosses, but what does Nohr have? Takumi.

Though now I can complain that you don't lose either of your Hoshido siblings on the Nohr route, and that Hoshido route in general actually seems to be the darker of the two (Elise dying for you, the possibility of Sazukaze dying, Flora's suicide, Gunther being gone for good... it just seems odd).

the thing is, is that the blame Takumi meme arose from the Hoshido Stream, where i believe it partly started from the chat feed seeing the same circumstances with takumi that lead to him being the final boss, just in the Hoshdio route he manages to shake it off. On the dark thing, those things you mentioned are more a personal one time moment, vs a darker story in general, which would mainly come from the overall text.

Though now I can complain that you don't lose either of your Hoshido sisters on the Nohr route, and that Hoshido route in general actually seems to be the darker of the two (Elise dying for you, the possibility of Sazukaze dying, Flora's suicide, Gunther being gone for good... it just seems odd).

don't forget aqua dying on the ending of the hoshido route :(

I'm going to laugh if they did finish it with the entirety of translation on every single things before NOA does.

/feg/ should become a company.

Heck, I'll play both their version and Nintendo's version since I'm undoubtedly going to play the games more than once.

How do you get /feg/s version?

Also on another note, I really wish someone would show those other red and green units.

How do you get /feg/s version?

Also on another note, I really wish someone would show those other red and green units.

You don't. The files aren't publicly available yet.

Honestly, while I'm impressed at the early progress, things that start at 4chan have a tendency to vanish into the ether as everyone involved gets bored or finds other things to do, leaving a bunch of data floating around in cyberspace. So I wouldn't hold your breath on getting to play this before 2016. Especially since Persona 5 and Fallout 4 are both supposed to be out in the next few months.

I could be wrong though. I would love it if that was the case.

Edited by Onestep

Is there a list of the actual names for the soundtrack yet for if?

I got someone on youtube to transcribe the piano part for when

Flora's death occurs on the hoshido path plays

but there isn't any title for the song yet... anyone know?

Edited by Xanek