Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money.

Either they intentionally promoted it wrong to get more sales(Especially from older fans who did not like FEA)or they changed it like one day before release.

They should honestly call for a full withdraw on Nohr versions and REWRITE it so it's actually what it SHOULD be as advertised. It's only fair for the fans who devoted their money for what they expected and were lied to afterward.

They should honestly call for a full withdraw on Nohr versions and REWRITE it so it's actually what it SHOULD be as advertised. It's only fair for the fans who devoted their money for what they expected and were lied to afterward.

I thought I would never say this but, I don't think NoA could butcher Conquest anymore then it already has.

The only reason I will play Nohr is just to say I did.I don't plan on playing it after my first playthrough.(3rd route all the way)

Well, either way, don't knock it until you try it right? As convincing as someone's opinion and thoughts on the story may be, the experience you get is not guaranteed to be the same even if you have the expectation based on what someone has said. Everyone has a different outlook on things after all.

I'm going to try to experience and enjoy myself with Conquest as much as I can despite it's flaws in the story.

Guys, let's make a petition to cancel FE: Conquest.

...Oh.

http://pastebin.com/qddaf9Uithere's a list in here with hers and others. I recommend her Lazwald one. It gives good background on her.

Thanks.

The thing is, Nohr's still quite arguably the superior version, with much better map design, varied objectives, and generally deeper and more well-liked characters.

It's just disappointing that the one thing they hyped up about it most was dead wrong. To echo other people, I'd like it to have gone down the alternate route where that Sakura rumor was true, starting a sequence of events that triggered an actual rebellion. Sure, Japan makes a deal about not being a dick to authority, but what does Kamui do as early as Chapter 2?

Edited by The DanMan

Honestly I don't have a problem with it like some others. Instigating a rebelling during a war wouldn't help a nation that was already suffering from inner turmoil.

Though that just could be my Nohr bias since I've liked them since day one.

In Shigure's and Aqua's supports, there's an interesting part I found.

Link to support: http://pastebin.com/95xm78qk

Shigure: No, that's not right. Even though I sing songs, I don't have mysterious powers like mother…
Aqua: Mysterious powers….?
Shigure: Yes…your unbelievably powerful song that encourages allies, and blocks the movement of enemies. I can't sing that kind of song.
Aqua: …Shigure.
Shigure: When I came here, I always thought….that even though I'm Mother's child, my songs have no power. If I could use Mother's special power…
Aqua: Maybe you can use it.
Shigure: Eh?
Aqua: I was able to use this power..thanks to this pendant I inherited from my mother.
Shigure: That pendant..has that power…?
Aqua: Yes. So if you wear this, you'll be able to use the same… No, perhaps you'll be able to use an even better power than me.
Shigure: Is that…really true? In that case, let me try it just onc--
Aqua: No. It's best if you don't. If you use this power too much, you'll end up destroying yourself.
Shigure: Destroying, you say…..
Shigure: !! You don't mean, you'll die…?
Aqua: ……..
Shigure: That's….! Then that's all the more reason for Mother not to use it! Please let me fill this role from now on! I'll use the power in Mother's place…!
Aqua: No. I can't do that to my beloved son. I don't have any intention of giving this to you. Even after this, that won't change.
Shigure: …….
Aqua: I'm sorry, Shigure. I didn't really intend to tell you about this. But, I just wanted to say…there's power in your song. To heal and encourage people… it's a wonderful power. So please have confidence. You already have a special power.

Well, one thing that I can say about story issues is that if one plays things for the gameplay primarily and does a bunch of runs (I for example have run Awakening nine times already) you probably start skipping the story scenes anyways after a certain amount of time.

I mean, sure, if there are legitimate story problems, that's a disappointment, but at least for me story isn't what keeps bringing me back to these games.

Hmm now that I think about it

Ganglari was given to you by Garon, could it all have been a set up so that

The hooded man could kill Mikoto?

It seems a bit complicated though, since a few chapters pass in between

The way the scene plays out seems more like he was targeting Kamui and Mikoto got in the way and takes the hit meant for you.

The way the scene plays out seems more like he was targeting Kamui and Mikoto got in the way and takes the hit meant for you.

Yeah I forgot about that. Still, it seems..awfully convenient about the whole Ganglari thing. Maybe the location was set up as well..maybe. Though from what it seems it does seem to be that. Can't tell if they really want Kamui dead or not

Yeah I forgot about that. Still, it seems..awfully convenient about the whole Ganglari thing. Maybe the location was set up as well..maybe. Though from what it seems it does seem to be that. Can't tell if they really want Kamui dead or not

The Hooded Man is apparently Sumeragi who would likely know the terrain to some degree of his nation. The whole situation was set up. That's why Garon says Kamui betrayed him when they survive.

where can I find all the portraits?

I wonder myself. 8U; I downloaded the ones linked earlier in this thread, but a few of the sprites are broken and have missing hair. I wonder if there is an updated one with not-broken sprites.

I want to add my thoughts here because I felt a bit uncomfortable on the Nohr route thread. I do agree that the general storyline is convulted and not exactly what people expected (revolutionize a country from within), but I think the characters are what actually makes the Nohr path "complex"?

I don't know if it's just me, but I personally found the idea of starting a revolution early on in the game to be really unrealistic. How are you going to defy Garon's entire nation with a handful of soldiers? Your siblings, too, have to think about their subordinates' situations and are not in position to help much either. The entire 'take over Hoshido with minial loses' strikes me as very Kamui-like, the perspective of a sheltered, naive young adult unfamiliar with how the world and war works.

Plus, they had to keep the run-ins with the Hoshidans so the invasion was a given, imo.

Same here? I don't know maybe I'm just a bit hurt because the story felt "proper" for me, based entirely on the characters' perspectives and it seemed to work out after seeing the Hoshido route. I jsut feel people are over-looking the fact that you can't just wake up one day and go "I'm starting a revolution to overthrow the King/my father".

I actually want to know more about these "episodic" Nohr chapters that people are calling irrelevant and a waste of time for the end game. The Ice Tribe battle at least seems to show that Kamui's actions have an effect and give them a very different fate from what happens in the Hoshido route. Maybe they actually help with the whole concept of "changing Nohr from inside" that was advertised? Although I haven't bothered even attempting to translate the later ones, so maybe that's the only one that is like that.

My friend was kind enough to go around and tell me what was generally happening on each chapter, and I agree with you on that point. All the little "irrelevant side-quests" actually show the way Kamui is trying to change/do things differently. I felt they were the 'necessary evil' moments, since you don't agree with having to act in those situations, but you must because it's ultimately something that is affecting your country's well-being,