Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you really except to have no deaths or non recruitable characters at least in the main 2 routes? And on the not being able to recruit everybody even on the third path, in most fire emblem games it isn't possible to recruit everyone, only ones are 3/12 (but hardin and others were units in the 1st game so that is kinda preset death) 8 (unless you count orson) 10 (10 is missing a character from the previous game)and 13. When only 4 (debatable) out of the 11 full games allow you to recruit everyone, i don't except it to happen. And unavoidable deaths are Sad but fire emblem is no stranger to it, the characters just normally die before you can recruit them not after and aren't available in a different version for obvious reasons

Yes, actually. I expected any deaths that did happen would be characters that were not recruitable on any of the three Routes. The only FE game I've played is Awakening and 90% of the people who DO die are:

1. Not recruitable normally (actually, pretty sure this is everyone for scripted deaths)

2. Are only recruitable through DLC (Which works fine for me if they come back)

I know absolutely nothing about the previous games and I don't know if I'd stick with something if I knew a good chunk of the cast can die in every game. I did every single support in Awakening for a reason :/ Don't need to get super upset about it.

On a different note, some of the hints/foreshadowing in these supports is just heartbreaking on so many levels ;~;

Leon: You put a lot of trust in me.
Elise: Of course! That's because I love Leon-oniichan.
Leon: For you to believe in someone for those reasons, you really are still a child, Elise.
Elise: If I couldn't believe in Leon-oniisan [as an adult] then I'd happily stay a child forever. If all of us don't get along, I'd rather die.
...please tell me I'm not the only one recalled a certain heartbreaking scene in the Hoshido route?

[spoiler=]Elise. No. Stahp. Don't say that. Don't remind me of... *THAT* scene.

ugh, this foreshadowing... it's heartbreaking.

^

To be honest, *that* scene seems to kind of be getting a lot of attention, as it's also touched on by Xander in his A support with Elfie (in addition to being thrown around quite a bit IRL). It's almost as if it's the only really emotional scene in the ga-... wait a second.

Edited by The DanMan

Apparently this is the translated dialogues from Chapter 17 Hoshido... you know..

Where Flora sets herself on fire...

http://pastebin.com/kRQ5eJtY

Also while you're reading it, play this when you get near the end of the "defeated" part, for more emphasis / emulate the game for maximum feels.

https://soundcloud.com/xanekk/fire-emblem-if-the-warmth-no-longer-there

Edited by Xanek

That Joker and Felicia battle dialogue though. Why did they decide to make Flora Mamui-sexual again...?

All characters that join through My Castle seem to have limited supports. I guess they might not have even intended to have them joining your party originally, but ended up throwing them in to have a larger cast? It's pure speculation though, and the order they're listed in the text dump doesn't support that. There are some main story characters with a low number of supports too.

So..I don't know if this has been answered or not, but has anyone figured out what the spear Azura has in her official artwork is?

I mean, it's in her artwork, portrait, and even on the special artwork from the limited edition, yet I don't see anything truly special in the lance section of the website.

So..I don't know if this has been answered or not, but has anyone figured out what the spear Azura has in her official artwork is?

I mean, it's in her artwork, portrait, and even on the special artwork from the limited edition, yet I don't see anything truly special in the lance section of the website.

I think I've heard it was a Blessed Lance.

You know, I just had this crazy thought that maybe, somehow, this thread will keep going until the Western release. I wouldn't quite say it's impossible; right now, it's really more of a general discussion thread.

You know, I just had this crazy thought that maybe, somehow, this thread will keep going until the Western release. I wouldn't quite say it's impossible; right now, it's really more of a general discussion thread.

We don't know a whole lot of the third route like we do with Hoshido and Nohr and since the third route is coming out sometime in July for Japan I believe, we still have that to talk about :>

We don't know a whole lot of the third route like we do with Hoshido and Nohr and since the third route is coming out sometime in July for Japan I believe, we still have that to talk about :>

True. Yet we know the basics of what happens, as well as having a lot of crossover supports translated and even some music files sitting around in the games code. There wouldn't be much in the way of truly new information to talk about.

I think all talks about supports should just be on the backburner, because clearly it's reached a point where the culturual divide between Japan and Not-Japan is at its widest. I can't imagine the poopstorm if Ranma 1/2 was released in today's environment.

I asked this in another thread, but it was ignored…. if I buy a physical version, how many blocks would downloading the other two routes onto it take? A few hundred? A few thousand? Tens of thousands?

Again, this is assuming a physical version with one route, downloading the other two. Its NOT the pure digital version.

I asked this in another thread, but it was ignored…. if I buy a physical version, how many blocks would downloading the other two routes onto it take? A few hundred? A few thousand? Tens of thousands?

Again, this is assuming a physical version with one route, downloading the other two. Its NOT the pure digital version.

IIRC, someone awhile ago mentioned how many blocks one route took up in this thread and I remember the number being in the thousands.

http://feifsupports.tumblr.com/post/123148099569/odin-pieri-a-support

I wonder how the perception of Pieri would have been if these were the first supports translated.

I don't know, but unless it was magically translated before her Bio and personal skill was released in the magazine, i am sure some people would still consider her just another psycho from Nohr and even if it was it sometimes it seems that to some people, bad traits makes a character bad even if they have a good reason for it, and/or do good things despite it. Even if that bad trait is just not always being a nice person or somesuch, and Pieri is a bit beyond that even from those supports. Plus some people might find the mere fact she speaks in third Person a dealbreaker, regardless of any reasoning why or any other part of her character. Edited by goodperson707

[spoiler=]I still have not seen... the Flora scene.

...this is going to sound awful, but I'm starting to become very curious on... how... it plays out...

If you've read the support I posted

It's not a fully animated cutscene like some other deaths, but her 3d battle sprite raises her hand and she is set on fire, and what the support said, she summons a blizzard infront of her to prevent any of them from saving her

While sad, not as heartbreaking as some of the others.

IIRC, someone awhile ago mentioned how many blocks one route took up in this thread and I remember the number being in the thousands.

I'm hoping it won't be *too* much.

Buying a digital version at a discounted price would be nice, but I wouldn't want to buy a whole other sd card, on top of an eshop card to even make the purchase.

I have about 13,000 or so blocks left on mine, plus a spare few hundred more, so the 2 extra routes (one of Hoshido/Nohr, whichever isn't the physical one, and the 3rd route) could stand to be say 6,000 blocks each and I'd still have more than 1,000 leftover for DLC…

I've heard that the purely digital version is something on the order of 12,000 or 24,000 (not sure which is correct), but a lot of that probably also involves that they need to install all of the models, game engines, databases, etc., that would otherwise be provided by the physical cart, so in all likelihood the DLC versions of the 2nd + 3rd routes to go alongside a physical cart for the 1st route would be FAR less demanding… I just don't know how much.

I hope I can fit it, as if I needed to go out and get a bigger SD card and maybe an SD card reader it would basically nullify the savings I'd get from going digital.

Could perhaps the admins post a sticky of some kind or otherwise post the information on the data page where all sorts of other data tables are being placed so that anyone who wants to know can easily look up the download sizes? Of course, they don't need to do it, and its their prerogative if they decide that's not the best way to approach things… just a suggestion.

I have about 13,000 or so blocks left on mine, plus a spare few hundred more, so the 2 extra routes (one of Hoshido/Nohr, whichever isn't the physical one, and the 3rd route) could stand to be say 6,000 blocks each and I'd still have more than 1,000 leftover for DLC…

I've heard that the purely digital version is something on the order of 12,000 or 24,000 (not sure which is correct), but a lot of that probably also involves that they need to install all of the models, game engines, databases, etc., that would otherwise be provided by the physical cart, so in all likelihood the DLC versions of the 2nd + 3rd routes to go alongside a physical cart for the 1st route would be FAR less demanding… I just don't know how much.

I hope I can fit it, as if I needed to go out and get a bigger SD card and maybe an SD card reader it would basically nullify the savings I'd get from going digital.

Could perhaps the admins post a sticky of some kind or otherwise post the information on the data page where all sorts of other data tables are being placed so that anyone who wants to know can easily look up the download sizes? Of course, they don't need to do it, and its their prerogative if they decide that's not the best way to approach things… just a suggestion.

24,000~ blocks I believe, Kikoran has mentioned this long time ago in her thread about pre-purchase thing.