Regarding Lazward, Luna, and Odin... (Spoilers)

UnknownUber

On another forum post regarding these 3 in a support between Lazward and Odin, Odin calls Lazward Azur(Inigo) and brings up Serena(Severa) Sooooooo yeah I think it's them RIP RIP but I guess that's okay. I'm curious about the Gaius look-a-like if that's somehow Gaius I'm gonna flip my spaghetti

Yeah, I can confirm that Odin, Lazward and Luna do in fact seem to literally be Owain, Inigo and Severa from Awakening. Here's Odin and Lazward's A rank conversation.

http://pastebin.com/uGqN4QZ6

Also, if you look at my other thread, it seems possible that their parents are also starting to reincarnate within the Fates world. Whether it's just a callback or an actual plot element remains to be seen.

Does that also explain why Shara, Matoi, and Grey look like Cordelia, Tharja, and Gaius respectively?

I know I'm grasping at straws, but Yukimura looks a little like Laurent and Velour resembles Nah a bit...

Connection perhaps?

Pretty sure they're not connected to the children and are just there as they're the most popular adults.

She does, where?

From her A support:

ルーナ:!!…何よ。あんた…

何てこと言うのよ…あの人とおんなじ顔で、

そんなこと言われたら…な、涙が出てきちゃうじゃない!

馬鹿、馬鹿…!…でも、ほんとに馬鹿なのは、

あたしのほう…死んだ母親とそっくりに育ったあんたを見て、

あたしずっと、ひねくれた感情を持ってたの。でも、あの人とマトイは違う。

全然違うんだから…こんなんじゃ、大好きだったあの人にも、

あんたにも、失礼だわ。…ごめんね、マトイ。今まで思い出に囚われて、

あんた自身を見ようとしなかった…母さんの事を許して…

Though after thinking about it, even if she was the recruitable Severa she could still be remembering how Cordelia died the first time. Guess it would depend on whether she viewed her original mother as having died or if she felt she averted that death. Eh, I'll stick with the "it's some other Severa" theory, but to each their own headcanon.

From her A support:

ルーナ:!!…何よ。あんた…

何てこと言うのよ…あの人とおんなじ顔で、

そんなこと言われたら…な、涙が出てきちゃうじゃない!

馬鹿、馬鹿…!…でも、ほんとに馬鹿なのは、

あたしのほう…死んだ母親とそっくりに育ったあんたを見て、

あたしずっと、ひねくれた感情を持ってたの。でも、あの人とマトイは違う。

全然違うんだから…こんなんじゃ、大好きだったあの人にも、

あんたにも、失礼だわ。…ごめんね、マトイ。今まで思い出に囚われて、

あんた自身を見ようとしなかった…母さんの事を許して…

Though after thinking about it, even if she was the recruitable Severa she could still be remembering how Cordelia died the first time. Guess it would depend on whether she viewed her original mother as having died or if she felt she averted that death. Eh, I'll stick with the "it's some other Severa" theory, but to each their own headcanon.

The problem is both Owain and Inigo reference the Awakening timelike: IE, getting to meet their parents again and defeating Grima

In all honesty, we kind of had to see this coming. In hindsight, it was obvious. It would make no sense for them to blatantly recycle the designs unless they actually were the characters. Whatever, this is a stupid decision, and the only way this will be redeemed is if there is a resulting option to invade Ylisse and burn the entire godforsaken, idiotically idealistic country to the ground. That could be the third path: Hoshido and Nohr team up to fight in the name of good writing!

The problem is both Owain and Inigo reference the Awakening timelike: IE, getting to meet their parents again and defeating Grima

Oh right, they do don't they? Oh well, guess she does think her original mother died, like Gerome.

Or something very bad happened to Cordelia (and everyone else) post-Awakening and that's what started all this.

I was disappointed in learning this... I hope it does not go beyond the support conversations. Now that it is a thing that is established as possible in that world has me constantly worried.

Second, I really hope this won't be a thing going forward. Having three time traveling kids from the previous game appear in the next, and after that.

It's a shame the kids from Awakening never found peace. Here they are in yet another conflict.

In all honesty, we kind of had to see this coming. In hindsight, it was obvious. It would make no sense for them to blatantly recycle the designs unless they actually were the characters. Whatever, this is a stupid decision, and the only way this will be redeemed is if there is a resulting option to invade Ylisse and burn the entire godforsaken, idiotically idealistic country to the ground. That could be the third path: Hoshido and Nohr team up to fight in the name of good writing!

Well I mean there could be unconnected expies, there was some hope....

But I second this third path idea. xD

You guys not been reading the translated supports for them thus far?

[spoiler=Lazward and Odin]They call each other by their true names, Inigo and Owain, and reference one of the DLC conversations they had in Awakening, along with going back in time to fight an evil dragon. Owain calls Severa by name too.

[spoiler=Luna and Kamui]Luna tells Kamui her real name, and says they intend to go back home once they beat the enemy they came to fight.

Can you link the Luna and Kamui support where she says they intend to go back after fighting some enemy?

Luna is Severa? Who saw that coming? I sure didn't

I know, right? It was such a cunning disguise for her to wear. A new name and... yeah, that's about her whole disguise.

Edited by Onestep

I can imagine all the fanfics that will spring up from this revelation. Robin is dead and his/her spouse/child travels to another world to find a way to fetch him/her back? Finds solace in Kamui who reminds them of their dead spouse, but find that it's not real love? Cannot settle with normal lives after the war and travels to fight in another? Imagination people!

I think the fact that it was so blatantly obvious in hindsight is what made those disguises perfect: Before we just thought of them as recycled designs and just joked about it actually being them. Come spoilers and it turns out that was correct, bwahahahahah!

I can imagine all the fanfics that will spring up from this revelation. Robin is dead and his/her spouse/child travels to another world to find a way to fetch him/her back? Finds solace in Kamui who reminds them of their dead spouse, but find that it's not real love? Cannot settle with normal lives after the war and travels to fight in another? Imagination people!

It doesn't stop there. We now effectively have two new *third* generation Awakening kids: Soleil and Ophelia, tied to Lazward/Inigo and Odin/Owain respectively. Think about that. Does this mean that if F!Robin married either of them, these respective kids existed in M!Morgan's future as their sibling? Holy crap, the fanfiction potential there is *enormous.*

Apparently both Inigo and Owain leave regardless of if they are paired or not in the epilogue, presumably to return to the Awakening timeline. So I guess if you happened to want to maintain one of their pairings with an Awakening character you can just leave them unpaired and assume they go back like they said they would. Severa's is a bit more vague.

It doesn't stop there. We now effectively have two new *third* generation Awakening kids: Soleil and Ophelia, tied to Lazward/Inigo and Odin/Owain respectively. Think about that. Does this mean that if F!Robin married either of them, these respective kids existed in M!Morgan's future as their sibling? Holy crap, the fanfiction potential there is *enormous.*

I know right? While not F!Robin, I paired Inigo with F!Morgan in my playthrough: and holy crap does Soleil resemble Lucina (Morgan's mother in my game) and Morgan (that expression is 100% an Morgan expression). She looks 100% perfect to be Robin and Lucina's grandaughter. Somehow, someway I am going to make this happens in a fanfic (and give an actual reason for why Inigo, Owain, and Severa are in Fates)

I don't care what it takes, I am going to do this. (Oh, and fix the WTF explanation for how the 2ed gens are fully grown.)

Apparently both Inigo and Owain leave regardless of if they are paired or not in the epilogue, presumably to return to the Awakening timeline. So I guess if you happened to want to maintain one of their pairings with an Awakening character you can just leave them unpaired and assume they go back like they said they would. Severa's is a bit more vague.

Even the endings in Awakening were vague so it's easy to work around this. Say F!Robin married Inigo, their ending that history remembers Robin loving her husband but nothing about her dissapearing or that Inigo traveled to find her. Or any of them being children to male Robin and traveling for the same purpose. Heck, even if they weren't related to Robin, maybe they just traveled to find Robin on the exalt's request, seeing how earnest all the Shepherds were in bringing him/her back from the death.

Pretty much I look at this Owain, Servers and Inigo as separate characters of different timelines from the paired off versions in Awakening like with the fate series and shirou. All the routes start the same but shirou life choices have different outcomes and I look at Fates Owain, Servers, and Inigo as parallels to lets say servera pair with Robin and they live out there lifes in Ylisse with Morgan and that it, but fate! Servera didn't have that outcome that why she in Fate timeline. But really IS I know your afraid of going under bit stick to your status qou in saying Awakening and Fates have no connection. They should went with reincarnation like with Shara.

Pretty much I look at this Owain, Servers and Inigo as separate characters of different timelines from the paired off versions in Awakening like with the fate series and shirou. All the routes start the same but shirou life choices have different outcomes and I look at Fates Owain, Servers, and Inigo as parallels to lets say servera pair with Robin and they live out there lifes in Ylisse with Morgan and that it, but fate! Servera didn't have that outcome that why she in Fate timeline. But really IS I know your afraid of going under bit stick to your status qou in saying Awakening and Fates have no connection. They should went with reincarnation like with Shara.

The best part of this is that I get to headcanon that Ophelia and Soleil are still born in the timelines that the three they stay in Awakening. Since those two are born to all versions of Owain and Inigo, respectivly, in Fates, they thus would also be born to the versions who stay in Awakening.

I mean, as I said above it also works for perfectly for me that Soleil kinda resembles both Morgan and Lucina, so that's a bonus where I had paired Lucina!Morgan with Inigo

Edited by TheWerdna

I love how, from the day this game was announced, it always seemed like Hoshido was modeled more for Awakening fans and Nohr was modeled more for old-school FE fans, and then they chose to put Awakening characters exclusively in the Nohr campaign (not counting "reincarnations"). Hilarious.

I love how, from the day this game was announced, it always seemed like Hoshido was modeled more for Awakening fans and Nohr was modeled more for old-school FE fans, and then they chose to put Awakening characters exclusively in the Nohr campaign (not counting "reincarnations"). Hilarious.

I would say this is more because of the classes. Of the three's normal classes in Awakening, only Owain's has a parallel in Hoshido, as a samurai. And people used him as a mage anyway in Awakening so yeah.

I would say this is more because of the classes. Of the three's normal classes in Awakening, only Owain's has a parallel in Hoshido, as a samurai. And people used him as a mage anyway in Awakening so yeah.

Yeah, unless his father had a positive strength mod, Owain would end up with a penalty to strength and a bonus to magic.

I do kinda like how all 3 have Hoshido classes for their reclass option. Samurai for Owain, Pegasus Warrior for Severa, and Ninja for Inigo. The first two make a lot of sense.

• 8 months later...

Don't know if anyone cares about this since this thread seems dead for quite some time now but, Gaius's look-alike's name is Asugi[according to fireemblem.wikia.com]. It's an obvious anagram Gaius. And he likes sweets, too. ...and he used to be a thief before Saizo confronted him, soo ...