Rhythm Tengoku Mafia: The Best + (Game Over)

Prims

Wagon breakdown for reference, Blue are dead and confirmed town.

Day 1

Votals 1.6, midphase

j00 (4) - Refa, Via, Snike, Haze
Elieson (3) - j00, Paperblade, Iris
Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz
Blitz (1) - Elieson
Dormio (1) - Shin
Refa (1) - Manix
Snike (1) - Dormio

Not Voting (0): None!

Votals 1.9, one and a half hours before deadline:
j00 (5) - Refa, Via, Snike, Haze, Elieson
Elieson (4) - j00, Iris, Dormio, Manix
Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz
Dormio (1) - Shin

Not Voting (1): Paperblade

Votals at lynch

Dormio (7 (8)) - Refa, Snike, Paperblade, j00, Shin, Iris, Elieson (LYNCH!) + Haze
Elieson (2) - Dormio, Manix
j00 (1) - Via
Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz

Dormio lynched, Manix killed

Day 2

Votals 2.3, 25 hours before deadline

Elieson (3) - Iris, Blitz, Refa
Iris (2) - Paperblade, Snike
Shin (2) - Kaoz, j00
Kaoz (1) - Shin
j00 (1) - Haze

Not Voting (2): Elieson, Via

Votals 2.4, 2 hours before deadline
Iris (5) - Paperblade, Snike, Via, j00, Haze (L-1!)
Elieson (3) - Iris, Blitz, Refa
Kaoz (2) - Shin, Elieson
Shin (1) - Kaoz

Votals at lynch

Iris (6) - Paperblade, Snike, Via, Haze, Kaoz, j00 (LYNCH!)
Elieson (2) - Iris, Blitz
Blitz (1) - Elieson
Kaoz (1) - Shin
Shin (1) - Kaoz

Not Voting (1): Refa

Iris lynched, Refa killed

Day 3

Votals 3.1

Blitz (1) - Elieson
Elieson (1) - Shin
j00 (1) - Snike
Haze (1) - j00

Not Voting (5): Blitz, Haze, Kaoz, Paperblade, Via

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shin, my issue with your scumhunting is mainly that you don't seem to feel very strongly about your cases yourself, I know people are accusing me of the same, but you've dropped several of your reads and in general you're a bit waffly on people. The Blitz case felt weird to me, you were among the ones pushing for Dormio, you've been back and forth on Elie a lot and you never seemed to make up your mind on Iris.

That said, I do feel like you're trying to keep the game afloat, but while you're regularly posting reads I don't really feel like you've pushed them a lot, except for Dormio D1.

What is your opinion on Kaoz after his last post, by the way?

Votals 1.9, one and a half hours before deadline:

j00 (5) - Refa, Via, Snike, Haze, Elieson

Elieson (4) - j00, Iris, Dormio, Manix

Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz

Dormio (1) - Shin

Not Voting (1): Paperblade

Votals at lynch

Dormio (7 (8)) - Refa, Snike, Paperblade, j00, Shin, Iris, Elieson (LYNCH!) + Haze

Elieson (2) - Dormio, Manix

j00 (1) - Via

Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz

I guess a flip from either me or Elie would be interesting, fmpv I know there was only town on the Elie wagon before we started turboing Dormio. The people on my wagon (and I) were all on the Dormio wagon and Iris wagon too.

It's kinda suspicious that most of the people voting Elie are dead townies, except Blitz, whom he's spent a considerable amount casing himself.

Yeah I suggest we lynch between

Via kirsche, Snike, Haze, Elieson, j00

These were all on the major wagons, except Elie wasn't on Iris since he was still trying to have Blitz lynched.

Elie, what are you thoughts on any of these? We're not lynching Blitz today, though I wish he could come back :(

I have not read up but I saw the elieson question. I'll answer it with another question:

Have you been reading my posts and/or the flips?

I'm not trying to be offensive, but I find it incredibly strange you'd ask me why I tracked haze if you say yes to the above.

[spoiler=Manix joke]

j00, how does Manix's flip make sense with me in any way? i'm not following your logic in #324

Manix dropped off of the face of the earth, has he been prodded yet?

WHAT?!? (looks like j00 beat me to it, lol)

okay, jokes aside

#341 (Blitz), Blitz comparing me to somebody from some anon game that i didn't even play in smells really bad to me. His entire D2 posts consists of like 3/4 bleh stuff. It's a lot of unmemorable filler for someone to posts such a massive post, ignoring quote sizes and such.

I think what you did is scummy regardless whether that comparison took place or not and I am sure I have explained why it is.

I don't see anybody being intentionally open with their role in a game like this, especially when they're not really under any fire. It reads to me more like an impulsive townslip, rather than a carefully calculated scum gambit

ummm, Elie, Haze has the mentality of a cold and calculating Serial Killer (one of those that cannot be caught) and almost never slips

Snike (and Haze, if there's some sort of bizarre super buddying going on here and Snike were to turn out to be scum, since let's face it, since Shining Force Sword of Hajya mafia, i've always been a bit concerned about scumbuddy gambits like that, and my suspicions were right in FE12 and hopefully somebody remembers that). damnit this is quite literally a read dependant on snike, since i really don't think haze's play matches that of scum, and his roleclaim doesn't really strike me as scummy, unless *the above scenario

OR

I do not think the buddying is possible in a rolewise effects, manner of speaking, because Snike didn't know whether what he saw due to night results were being seen by the sender as well or not and so, he shouldn't have chanced a fake report to save his buddy, because that could mean the loss of two scum mates.

I so not find Snike to be scummy and I think his thought process is quite right. I am not scum reading Haze either, because I can see his progression.

though, this is actually true

@Snike

There are a lot more possibilities where you wouldn't catch scum with a track than the ones you listed. What's your opinion on Haze's actual play? I don't like how you're dismissing Haze so easily and don't even comment on his posts; reads like you're trying pretty hard to hold on to your j00 vote.

and I have to put some thoughts into it regarding the buddying. Shouldn't comment until Snike posts though.

Also I realized Haze meant his reasons for scum reading me was in the same post as the vote early D2, was I seriously your second top read after Iris late D2 just because of vanilla numbers?

##Vote: Haze

Hasn't posted proper cases since early D1 except for Iris, which was a reactionary vote on the major wagon. I can get Snike still having issues with me since he's actually scumhunted, your vote on me is lazy and you've barely contributed.

WHAT?!?

I don't think that is the case

j00's Haze case isn't bad though, I'll have to look into Haze when it's not Shin's bedtime again, timezones so much fun.

and WHAAT!?!?!?!

how can this be the case if the previous isn't the case?

besides this post Haze actually had a D1 case on j00 to begin with, so, his vote isn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be j00.

j00's #33 vote on Manix was strange enough, as his argument was basically 'hey, you helped push us out of rvs! I DON'T LIKE THAT' then he waffles on about how Elie and Shin are 'safe' day 1 lynches/mislynches. I'd probably ignore it if not for #47, where he flip flops and attacks Elie, one of his 'safe day 1 lynches,' for voting Manix. The first half of his #47 wasn't fantastic either, I don't disagree with the sentiment that Via was being hypocritical, but rather than aggressively calling it out, he shrunk back and asked 'why me?' Which is a non-confrontational and defensive stance to take, maybe it's just me, but I take issue with that.

IMO, both of you are not reading the thread (which I consider to be a scummy thing) and of the two, j00 is scummier, cause Haze cased her and she should have remembered. [inserted inner thoughts, which I am taking flak for = personally, I tend not to remember when scumbuddies case me, ignoring them entirely without even realizing it, so, it is possible the two are buddies]

Have you been reading my posts and/or the flips?

I'm not trying to be offensive, but I find it incredibly strange you'd ask me why I tracked haze if you say yes to the above.

yeah, it is pretty clear j00 isn't actually keeping up with the game in actuality, but only keeping up with the posts and that is scummy because no real intent to scumhunt

##Vote: j00

there is one other thing about j00 that bothers me and that is, j00 was always taking a sideline approach to both lynches that took place, which scum would have more incentive to do to not stand out, IMO.

agreeing with the quick switching bit and lack of conviction

regarding Elie, he actually did something, which he can only do while he posts as town and that is making his posts hilarious, so, I will leave him after j00.

sorry guys, I have been quite busy with trying to come up with role ideas for my game and I wasn't doing well enough, which lead to poor play on all the other games I am in. I didn't actually read Elie's case on me and everything after barring Kirsche's j00 case. I need to be off to sleep.

Blitz you took that out of context, I was directing that question to elieson.

@Tracker thing: A) I'm not tracker. That should be pretty clear if you look at Refa's role, and especially if my role crumb has been found.

B) Let's look at the options as to why a someone who's claiming vanilla would show up as a no visit on Night 1 (Night Manix died).

1) They're scum vanilla and someone else wanted to be sent on the kill because ???.

2) They're scum godfather and don't want to be caught via tracker.

3) They're scum power role and operate in the day. They don't get sent on the kill because ???.

4) They're scum power role and idle because ???.

5) They're ninja.

6) They're town.

If these options had equal probability, then I'd agree with the assessment that I jumped to conclusions. However, they don't have equal probability because 1,3,and 4 don't really make sense. That's why I said, godfather or clear. I forgot about ninja, but in a way that's just tracker variant of a godfather.

@Kirsche scum role not wanting to visit every night: what would that role be? Not to mention, why would it not be used on N1

More to the point, for all we know right now, Haze is the only player with an actual investigative result on him. That's another part of why we shouldn't lynch him today, because in a sense, he's more clear than the rest of us.

Going on to address Kaoz's accusation wrt j00 in a minute. I can say that right now I'm feeling better about kirsche than I did quote so far.

@Snike

There are a lot more possibilities where you wouldn't catch scum with a track than the ones you listed. What's your opinion on Haze's actual play? I don't like how you're dismissing Haze so easily and don't even comment on his posts; reads like you're trying pretty hard to hold on to your j00 vote.

I've agreed with a lot of his thinking so far though it's unfortunate that he hasn't been able to get back, because wrt D2 if he was there I would've went back onto j00 had he clarified earlier about the "I'm blue" comment. And now i want to see if he's recognized the kill pattern like he mentioned.

Like you could make the case that it's odd that he's echoing a lot of my reads, but it doesn't feel to me like he's intentionally cribbing my reads. Not to me, anyways.

@ holding onto j00 vote: Let's look at some of the word choices used in comments about my cases and/or content, by j00:

-'Vague and waffly; doesn't feel genuine' on my Elieson read. She used a quote mine (""he's starting to come around" which means what?" which cut out the allusion to a specific elieson post) to support that point, as well as made up a point against me ("You come with your own interpretation of the intent behind Manix's post....").

-'flimsy' on elieson case, after I flipped on him. 'nitpicky' on the Dormio case. Implies that I was hard buddying Manix because, quote, "Snike's main suspects seem to be everyone who had issues with Manix in the beginning." which omitted my remarks on Blitz.

-"defensive without trying to convince others that I'm a good wagon" about my follow up argument over the elieson accusation. I accused her of quote mining and making up a point out of nowhere.

-"The last sentence feels like an OMGUS" about my remark calling her out on the above point.

-"That's a bad attitude Snike, don't be so defeatist" when at that point in time the lynch couldn't be on anyone but eli because enough people weren't around to flip on Dormio or didn't want to consolidate on anyone but eli, which was the case until that end of day one rush. I'm not valuing the self vote thing because that feels like a gambit.

-"barely did anything to seriously push my lynch when it actually mattered" Which contradicts the bad attitude remark, because why would I have a bad attitude about having to lynch eli if I wasn't trying to lynch j00 instead. I also literally get flak for pushing my secondary scumread when it looks viable to lynch as opposed to j00 who was unlynchable at that point.

And yes a lot of that is day one/ early day 2 and she's since started to townread me but seriously I don't know what to say if you think I have to try hard to hold onto the j00 vote.

Votals 3.3

j00 (4) - Snike, kirsche, Blitz, Paperblade (L-1!)

Haze (2) - j00, Kaoz

Blitz (1) - Elieson

Elieson (1) - Shin

Not Voting (1): Haze

You have 19 hours and 37 minutes left in the phase. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Eh, I'm not gonna bother defending my D1 at this point, really.

I disagree with Blitz saying I'm taking a sideline approach and not standing out because Elie and I are the ones who've garnered the most attention throughout the game. This has been a game where it's fairly easy to lay low since the wagons have been very obvious and activity low, I've gathered a lot of attention by yelling and nagging a lot late in the phases.

I know Haze has had a case on me since D1 but he has barely updated it since with anything but a vanilla number comment, which is lazy. He also just hasn't had any other cases than Iris, which wasn't a good case either.

Paper can you say anything proper than just sheeping people, though?

Also I stand by that I absolutely wasn't unlynchable end of D1, at one point it was clear that people would follow whatever was pushed, which turned out to be Dormio. He was even more unlikely than me for a long time, it'd be easy to just end up with me had anyone just gone for it in the end.

Shin, my issue with your scumhunting is mainly that you don't seem to feel very strongly about your cases yourself, I know people are accusing me of the same, but you've dropped several of your reads and in general you're a bit waffly on people. The Blitz case felt weird to me, you were among the ones pushing for Dormio, you've been back and forth on Elie a lot and you never seemed to make up your mind on Iris.

That said, I do feel like you're trying to keep the game afloat, but while you're regularly posting reads I don't really feel like you've pushed them a lot, except for Dormio D1.

What is your opinion on Kaoz after his last post, by the way?

That's mostly because I can't really make an opinion on Eli. He'll do something slightly shifty, like him and his Manix case, then vote himself for consolidation. He's an incredibly weird hybrid of "man, that looked scummy" and "wow, he'd have to have balls of steel or be a moron to do that as scum". I wanted Dormio on D1, but it looked like we wouldn't have been able to do it, so I was willing to consolidate on Eli.

I didn't have an Iris read, mostly because she went quiet and died before I could make up my mind.

Kaoz still is very much playing a backseat role. He's more active than he has been on previous days but I still have a lot of issues with him. Blitz has become a fountain of content after his absence, but Kaoz doesn't quite give that vibe. I don't recall playing with Kaoz recently, and I'm assuming this level of activity is fairly normal for him. Still, a lot of his recent posts, whilst big, don't really have much in them.

One thing that's come to my attention is the similar dismissal of cases by j00. She's claimed a large number of cases were "easy" or "vague", not just with my posts, but throughout the game.

j00's been on my list of reads for a while, but I don't want to hammer just yet, j00's actually present and able to answer - unlike Dormio and Iris were.

Also I stand by that I absolutely wasn't unlynchable end of D1, at one point it was clear that people would follow whatever was pushed, which turned out to be Dormio. He was even more unlikely than me for a long time, it'd be easy to just end up with me had anyone just gone for it in the end.

We were so stretched to get a lynch at that point, I'm sure we'd have gone with whatever was possible. Still, people, including myself, were far happier with a Dormio lynch than either you or Eli. I remember there were more than a few who were "I don't really want either lynch".

I'm here right now, but I'll be off soon. Any questions Shin?

I don't like how few cases Paper has at this point, I don't remember much Papermeta, but can anyone comment on this?

Panicking because I need to head out to work and shit and didn't think I'd be back before deadline, turns out I will so okay I'll clarify some shit before I do, and assuming we haven't hammered or something, spend some time on ISOs when I get back, I promise. Should have plenty of time.

Blitz is right, though a bit over dramatic about it, my saying I was blue then voting j00 wasn't a slip.

#115, I case j00

#273, I mention I have reasons for not believing both vanilla claims,

Snike's #288 mentions that he finds it unlikely/convenient that we stumbled on three vanillas on day/night 1, I was already iffy on the claims when I was a third, making me a fourth cranked that up further, especially with a relatively strange role like Dormio's.in the setup.

My #315 was meant as an attempt to push this and lynch j00, I backed off of it in in #393 because like I said, I hadn't had time to follow up on it and didn't see it happening last minute yesterday.

##Vote: j00

Oh and Elie, Snike was directed to track me by Refa, so unless someone wants to CC that, I was sleeping soundly night 1. Lynching me because I'm playing terribly is retarded.

Back in 12 hours or so.

This will only be an interesting discussion after my flip, but there was only town on Elie's wagon before we started turboing.

I'm not convinced Elie is scum just because of that, since scum easily could've pushed my lynch then instead of risking Elie. I obviously feel a lot worse about the wagon on me, but what do people think of the possibility that some scum has just stayed off all the wagons?

I do think you guys should have a look at the vote patterns later though. Somewhere sometime in postgame Manix is yelling at us to listen to what dead townies are saying but we're ignoring him because he's a dead townie.

Here's the part where I'm supposed to post flavour, except I have no idea what this is supposed to be.

Japanese_rhythm_rally.png

j00 - The Paddlers - Vanilla Townie - lynched Day 3

rip j00 for real

It is now Night 3. Night 3 ends whenever Prims says it does.

Edited by SB.

Day 4

EVERYBODY GET UP IT'S LYNCH OR LOSE NOW

Paperblade had been displaced from his basketball court and shoved into a landfill, since who knows how else you'd dispose of a sentient sports mat... water... blob... thing. A true Camilla fan to the end, only his large stash of melons remained. Sadly, they'd have to be dunked another day.

flip_fruitbasket.PNG

Paperblade - Fruit Basket - Town Forecaster - killed Night 3

Come On And Slam And Welcome To The Jam: Your fruits can give you useful abilities, but you have to know when they're gonna roll by to use them. By the end of day 1, you are to have picked 3 fruits to use, as well as what night phase you intend to use them on. You may choose the same fruit multiple times, but not the same night. If you don't send in a list, it will be randomized. Potential fruits are as follows:

• Apple (Night, Active): Makes sure a player is healthy and ##Protects them from kills. An apple a day keeps the Doctor away and all that.
  • Lemon (Night, Active): Protects a player from kills, but the sour taste will prevent them from acting that night too, ##Jailing them.
  • Melon (Night, Active): The splendor from your sick dunk will empower you enough for you to ##Follow another player and learn the syntax of any actions they used.

P Notice! P

If Mafia lynches a townie right now, they'll receive "Postgame Salt", readable in this thread.

Press (A)!

It is now Day 4. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to hammer. Town will lose if they do not lynch mafia today!

Edited by Prims