Media Create: Fates sold more than Awakening (Sales for Week 2 Up)

Great to hear that people like it - well, at least Japanese players and importers. I was worried that this game would be too serious and Ribald Tales of the Faith War-like to the taste of fans.

Now that the series is well-received enough, can I get Balanced Radiant Dawn now?

The one Fire Emblem spinoff I want to see is a multiplayer map battle game (see FE11/12/14). It should have every playable character and major boss, adjusted for stat inflation but retain their original classes.

EDIT - I think I know how to describe that: Fire Emblem Maker.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind marriage at all (I'm a pairing nut lol), but I don't want children to be a staple. It's not easy to do them without them feeling shoehorned in (like in Fates).

The story DOES sound really awesome though. But I heard from Florina/Loki that it's really dark. I hope it's not TOO dark or like some violent horror story or anything...

Taco: Yeah, maybe we'll even see Nintendo's "Big 3" (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) become the "Big 4." :D (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem)

You don't have to worry about that. It's not that dark (unless Awakening is the only game you played in the series) : ) You'll be okay.

I want to see a Advance Wars style Fire Emblem game.

===============================

CO SUPER POWER: SHIPPING LORD

All characters on the field are now S-ranked with the avatar.

Hopefully, if its really turned out that Nohr sells more than Hoshido, it would put "fanservice sells!!11!" to rest.

EDIT: So Hoshido catch up? Bah, I hope the gap isn't too wide or that argument above will ringing throughout the internet without end.

This. An Emblem Warriors game would be cool imo.

Rather than a straight up Warrior game, a Kessen style crossover would be much fitting for Fire Emblem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hH55aIFqQ
It'll be a much better fit for strategy oriented series like Fire Emblem, though I guess Fire Emblem Musou might've the better chance since Musou is much more popular.

Edited by Shengar

Didn't we have that already and its name is Fates?

EDIT: Spoiler tag added

needs more death in it and actual incest. it's not GoT until all of your favorites + a character played by sean bean is dead.

edit: i dun goofed. again. i should sleep.

Edited by Meioh

I really am beginning to abhor a good chunk of this fandom. That goes for the lot crying for censorship. :facepalm: There are no words for the backwardness of human beings.

What the hell's wrong with wanting to play the game without Camilla's bikini ass and partially exposed breasts shoved in your face? Someone posted a scene in response to that Twitter and the first thing that shows up is literally her ass.

I really am beginning to abhor a good chunk of this fandom. That goes for the lot crying for censorship. :facepalm: There are no words for the backwardness of human beings.

...What is wrong with not wanting blatant fanservice in an SRPG that, historically, has had little to none of it? It's just sexualization for the sake of it, and it definitely leans much more in one way than the other. Are some people so perverted that they cling to sexual pandering in virtual entertainment, and don't want it to be taken away no matter what?

I want both paths to do excellent--and I'm glad that they sold out!--but in the long run, I would like Nohr to do better than Hoshido for the simple reason that I think they're using it to gauge which direction they're going to take the series. Nohr's complicated storyline, darker themes and diversified and challenging gameplay make it reminiscent of the Tellius games, which are considered by a lot of vets, including myself, to be some of the best in the series. Unfortunately Tellius also were some of the worst-selling games for several reasons--the console they were on being one of them. It seems that they have changed a lot of these problems in Nohr's development, so hopefully they can see that people DO actually want games like it.

That being said, the biggest draw to this game was choice for me. The Avatar's choices determining the fate of several characters (who are all lovable in my opinion), and the writer guts you emotionally no matter which path you take. We love to feel emotionally conflicted. We love to be shocked. It's one of the keys to Game of Thrones' success and I believe it's a key for Fates', too.

...What is wrong with not wanting blatant fanservice in an SRPG that, historically, has had little to none of it? It's just sexualization for the sake of it, and it definitely leans much more in one way than the other. Are some people so perverted that they cling to sexual pandering in virtual entertainment, and don't want it to be taken away no matter what?

Maybe because it means paying for inferior version with cut content just because some whiners whined hard enough like it is the end of the world?

I want to buy full version, with fanservice and all, if it comes here. Because why the hell not? This was already in-game, this content won't kill me and doesn't affect main gameplay.

Fire Emblem is going to need to expand a lot before that happens. New games on the horizon...

Fire Emblem: Tennis Super Stars

Fire Emblem Party

Fire Emblem Kart

Fire Emblem Crossing

Mario and Fire Emblem at the Olympics

Well considering where Nintendo's other franchises are sitting now I'd say FE is in a pretty good place. Just look at where Metroid and F-zero are at now.

Fire Emblem will have reached the huge point when Marth is in an inappropriately sized go kart along side Link and the Villiger in Mario Kart

In all seriousness a Civilization X Fire Emblem game would be awesome!

I've actually seen mods on Steam for this with Tellius as the continent and the different nations as civs Crimea's special unit was obviously Greil Mercenary in place of Swordsman.

I keep reading WiUFE →Wifeu FE →Wifu FE D:>

II literally can't unread this wonderful idea

Wiiabuu

Maybe because it means paying for inferior version with cut content just because some whiners whined hard enough like it is the end of the world?

I want to buy full version, with fanservice and all, if it comes here. Because why the hell not? This was already in-game, this content won't kill me and doesn't affect main gameplay.

What makes it inferior? That's simply an opinion. And I've seen more whining and negative emotions from the side that doesn't want censoring.

And the "it's optional" argument is overused. Sure, it's optional to ever go into or clean up those couple of ratty, beat-up looking rooms in your house. But if you give a people a complete tour of your house, no matter how pristine everything else is, those rooms will bring it all down. Another example: sure, you don't need to sit in the corner drinking gin and chewing tobacco at that party, but you really start getting the impression the party has become something very different from what you liked before.

Edited by The DanMan

What makes it inferior? That's simply an opinion. And I've seen more whining and negative emotions from the side that doesn't want censoring.

And the "it's optional" argument is overused. Sure, it's optional to ever go into or clean up those couple of ratty, beat-up looking rooms in your house. But if you give a people a complete tour of your house, no matter how pristine everything else is, those rooms will bring it all down. Another example: sure, you don't need to sit in the corner drinking gin and chewing tobacco at that party, but you really start getting the impression the party has become something very different from what you liked before.

Generally a work that's edited from the original creators vision is considered inferior.

Nothing in the game is extreme enough to warrant censorship really.

Edited by Onestep

Generally a work that's edited from the original creators vision is considered inferior.

Creator visions can suck. Like, the Star Wars Prequels would be superior if Jar Jar wasn't in them and it's a good thing that George Lucas was willing to deviate enough from his vision in order to shove that guy into the background after the Phantom Menace.

Edited by BrightBow

but to add to your metaphor, some people might notice that the party goers were underage (and mostly law abiding) until recently. And when they reached drinking age they went easy on the stuff at first so they didn't throw up. And that there were a few alcohol drinkers before, but it was harder to get the stuff and it was easier to overlook. (Yes i know it is not a perfect representation of real life but i work with what i got)

Creator visions can suck. Like, the Star Wars Prequels would be superior if Jar Jar wasn't in them and it's a good thing that George Lucas was willing to deviate enough from his vision in order to shove that guy into the background after the Phantom Menace.

True, but Jar Jar was almost universally hated. These features aren't. In fact, the majority of people seem to want them to stay.

If a majority of the targeted fanbase wants something to stay, and a minority does not, and the content is not excessively vile/sexual/cruel, then it's clear which is the right option.

Edited by Onestep

True, but Jar Jar was almost universally hated. These features aren't. In fact, the majority of people seem to want them to stay.

If a majority of the targeted fanbase wants something to stay, and a minority does not, and the content is not excessively vile/sexual/cruel, then it's clear which is the right option.

My impression was that just like it's usually with controversial issues, the vast majority won't care either way and is just kinda annoyed about all that drama. Of course the fanbase is just a tiny fraction from the customer base anyway. I find it difficult to guess how such a diverse customer base is going to react. Well, besides the obvious "most people won't care" issue.

Edited by BrightBow

I definitely don't see them going back to a console any time soon. Handheld seems to work best now anyway.

Also the development costs. My god the development costs...

Anyway, good to see the positive news.

I want to see a Advance Wars style Fire Emblem game.

CO SUPER POWER: SHIPPING LORD

All characters on the field are now S-ranked with the avatar.

I don't think this would actually work, but I always liked the idea of a game large and small scale battles. Like how in Advance wars your units represent a small group of soldiers (1 soldier unit = 10 soldiers). You would fight large scale battles like advance wars, but once you got into a fight instead of having 10 soldiers duke it out, you would have 10 playable characters and the fight would play be another, smaller battle, like you would fight in a fire emblem game. It would be difficult to implement well but I really like the idea anyway.

Great to hear that the game is doing well. Here is hoping to good stateside and European sales in 2016.

IS needs to hurry up and make a dynasty warriors crossover. Hyrule Warriors ate up so much of my time and I think Fire Emblem Warriors would be a natural fit. Get on that IS! :P

Like now.

Great to hear that the game is doing well. Here is hoping to good stateside and European sales in 2016.

IS needs to hurry up and make a dynasty warriors crossover. Hyrule Warriors ate up so much of my time and I think Fire Emblem Warriors would be a natural fit. Get on that IS! :P

Like now.

The only problem I can see with that is that some of the most popular characters in the series aren't the main characters and the total cast of the Fire Emblem series is ginormous so it'd be hard to decide which characters deserve to make it in. I'll be using Oboro exclusively, if and when this happens, however.

The only problem I can see with that is that some of the most popular characters in the series aren't the main characters and the total cast of the Fire Emblem series is ginormous so it'd be hard to decide which characters deserve to make it in. I'll be using Oboro exclusively, if and when this happens, however.

For a first entry, Lords and similarly important characters only.

Except Chrom. He'll get his chance another day.

Congratulations to FE on continuing to remain profitable!

Excessively vile is a subjective measurement, though. Some people object to so much as a drop of blood, others are OK with Berserk-style gore.

Fire Emblem's new direction is to appeal to as many players as possible (Phoenix mode etc.). More sales would be lost through insufficient censorship than too much censorship.

Edited by Baldrick

I don't think this would actually work, but I always liked the idea of a game large and small scale battles. Like how in Advance wars your units represent a small group of soldiers (1 soldier unit = 10 soldiers). You would fight large scale battles like advance wars, but once you got into a fight instead of having 10 soldiers duke it out, you would have 10 playable characters and the fight would play be another, smaller battle, like you would fight in a fire emblem game. It would be difficult to implement well but I really like the idea anyway.

I'd love to see a Fire Emblem spinoff much like Koei's Dynasty Warriors Empires and Samurai Warriors Empires games where you had to recurit and build up an army and conquer a large swath of territories with different clans and characters as well as supports and all that. Forge alliances and betrayals and stuff. Sort of like a mix between Fire Emblem's combat, turn-based strategy, and support system with Empire's recruitment and Total War's diplomacy.