Anyone else gonna try Phoenix mode and try their hardest to lose?

Katie

When this game comes out in the U.S., I'm totally going to play Phoenix mode and try and see how hard it is to actually lose on that mode. I'll be getting Birthright(mainly for the Yuri), which is supposed to be the easier one, so this might prove especially challenging. Also, I'll make sure I always bring the maximum number of units to a map and have each one equipped with a weapon the can actually use, because other wise I could just go in with just the required characters and have them be unequipped and easily lose, which would be no fun. Instead, I'm going to make as many stupid n00b moves as I can in attempt to get all my units killed off in a single terms. I'll be trying this with all the maps, only actually trying to win a map after I've either lost it once already or given up on trying to lose because the map is just that easy. I figure it'll be a fun and different type of challenge. Anyone else going to try this?

HAHAHA. I probably won't do this, but it sounds like an amazing idea and I wish you the best... worst?... of luck in making it happen :D

Yeah. When they first revealed it, I was appalled by just how easy it sounded, thinking you would have to be trying to actually lose in Phoenix mode. Which of course got me thinking, "What if I did try to lose on Phoenix mode?", and I decided when I get the game I'm going to deliberately try and lose each map, just to see how hard it is to actually lose.

You can only play Phoenix mode on Normal yeah.

I'll probably just go Hard/Classic for most runs (and of course Lunatic/Classic too), but nothing is gonna stop me from a lolzy run where I do Phoenix and name my MU River.

Sounds like this might even be harder than Lunatic+ Apotheosis

Apotheosis is the same throughout all difficulties in FE13.

Sounds difficult.I may try it.

Also,just take everything off MU and send it into a horde of enemies.If that doesn't work,then Phoenix Mode would be officially non-unbeatable (That's a word,I think).

I can think of two opportunities to fail on Hoshido Phoenix.

1) Chapter #23 if I remember the number well. Put all units in middle area, wait for Camilla to scorch all of them down to 1HP (I assume it can't kill, didn't try though), spread out in all directions. Pretty sure you could get your entire army killed in one turn that way.

2) Midoriko's paralogue needs you to catch Draj before she leaves the map. I'm not sure if it's an actual game over though if that happens or if you just don't get Midoriko though..?

Don't you still lose if Kamui gets killed though?

You can lose on Normal Mode with Kamui with Dragon Effective weapons.

I'm just up to Chapter 5 and some of those weapons were doing 15 HP damage out of my 22.

You CAN lose in Phoenix Mode.

No dragon weapons will be required if you just neglect levelling MU and then throw them in a crowd of enemies (one will do probably) at a later time. But if getting MU killed is all you need for it (and not the other characters), I bet your first game over could happen in one of the first maps even on Normal Mode.

Hama lost Kamui vs Marth and it wasn't a wipe.

I've heard plenty of times Kamui dying on Casual is no longer a failure condition...

So from what it may be, a Phoenix mode wipe would require... a wipe. In one turn.

Doesn't sound too hard. Just equip everyone with horrible or no weapons and skip every turn. It should happen eventually. It's not so much hard as it is time-consuming, I think.

Now the real challenge is letting them die without having the reset instincts kick in. That's happened to me before when I tried out casual mode in Awakening and it was awful. I kept resetting the whole time when it would've been fine, sometimes on the verge of victory.

Edited by DualMix

Fail at Hoshido/Phoenix. Now /THAT/ is a challenge.

Even on Phoenix Mode, you probably get a Game Over if Corrin dies.

So all you have to do is unequip him, and let the enemies hit him until his HP reaches 0.

Hama lost Kamui vs Marth and it wasn't a wipe.

That was a My Castle battle though, which doesn't count.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

>Several posts detailing how Kamui doesn't cause a Game Over if he dies in Casual/Phoenix

>"Let Kamui's HP reach 0"

I've found in FEGBA the game keeps going unless it triggers a Game Over event, even if you have no units left. So even a party wipe might not work in Phoenix unless it's specifically programmed to, which would defeat the purpose of Phoenix as a separate mode from Casual.

It wouldn't be hard to fail something like "Defeat boss in X turns", which exists.

Fail at Hoshido/Phoenix. Now /THAT/ is a challenge.

I'm getting the Hoshido version.