Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Well I guess Cord was the slightly bulkier peg comparatively to Sumia, or something

It does suck though, esp with so many Hoshido dads stuck in -2 speed hell

But why does Luna have a -1 strength mod even if Cordelia slept with Ricken that still won't happen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated the chart for Matoi, including mods, classes, and the classes from which her mother can pass new skills. See post #1121.

To clairfy: Does Felicia + Flora A+ give Felicia Flora's Dark Mageā€¦ just checking whether Felicia!Matoi can have Felicia pass on a Dark Mage skill gained from Flora A+.

Nyx and Luna are only available choices in the Invisible Kingdom. Certain A+ options (for mothers passing down skills from those classes) are only available in invisible kingdom. Growth rates have not been listed yet.

EDIT: Now have listed sum total of mother's growth rates, but not their distributions.

Edited by astrophys

Cordelia was neutral (+-0/-1 to Sumia's -2/1 Def/Res respectively. she was the stronger Peg (freakin Sumia and her -2 Str). slightly slower but still +2 Spd to Sumia's +3

Luna saddens me, too with only +2 Speed and -1 Str/Skl. 2/3 of those were Cordelia's strong stats T_T

Let's consider these with the chart I madeā€¦

Mom/Mom's Grw STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES Dad Gains Mom Gains Matoi gets  Royal Skill from
 Felicia(260%) -2  +3  +3  +0  +0  +3  +1  Rod       Pegasus   Rod         No    Merc;Cav/Dark 
 Azura  (310%) +0  +1  +4  +2  +0  +1  +0  Rod       none      Rod         No    Sing,Priestess;Rod
 Mozume (290%) +0  +1  +4  +0  +1  +4  -2  Bowman    Pegasus   Villager    No    Bow,Lnc,Kgt,Dark
 Rinkah (255%) -1  +1  +1  +0  +0  +6  +0  Oni	     Pegasus   Oni         No	 Ninja,Lan,Sp,F	
 Sakura (310%) +0  +3  +2  +0  +0  +3  +0  Priest    NONE      Priestess   Yes	 Rod
 Hana   (265%) +1  +1  +4  +1  -1  +1  +1  NONE      Pegasus   Priestess   No	 Bow,Kgt,Rod	
 Orochi (275%) +0  +4  +5  -3  -1  +2  +1  Spell.    Pegasus   Spell 	   No	 He,Ni,Lc,On,Da	
 Hinoka (305%) +1  +0  +2  +0  +0  +3  +2  Lance     Samurai   Lance	   Yes	 Pri,Bow,Wy,Rod	
 Setsuna(225%) +0  +1  +4  +2  -1  +3  -1  Bowman    Pegasus   Bowman	   No	 Ninja,Merc	
 Oboro  (280%) +1  +0  +4  +0  -1  +5  -1  Lance     Pegasus   Lance	   No	 Spl,On,Wy,Bow 	
 Kagerou(260%) +3  +1  +2  -2  +0  +3  +1  Ninja     Pegasus   Ninja       No    Spl,Bow,On,Cav 
 Luna   (250%) -1  +1  +2  +1  +0  +5  +0  Mercenary NONE      Mercenary   No	 Bow,Wyv,Cav	  
 Nyx    (235%) +0  +4  +1  +1  -1  +2  +1  Dark Mage Pegasus   Dark Mage   No    Out,Spl,Kgt,F,Bow 

1. Felicia: A magic/support orientated Matoiā€¦ I suppose she could make use of Shinrai Naginatas (magic naginata, 1-2 range), Servant's Joy, and Aurasā€¦. I feel that a support Matoi is wasteful given her personal skill being damage orientated. Tsubaki might do better as a supportive unit, that said.

2. Azura: One of the fastest possible Matois and doesn't hurt her STR stat. Tied for highest total growths of Matoi's mothers. Skill set is more supportively orientated. Tsubaki has the same basic opportunities here. It should be noted that Tsubaki also affects Shigure here. Azura wastes her marriage seal, if I'm correct.

3. Mozume: High growths, Villager gives Aptitude, but the Weapons Master promotion overlaps with the Samurai tree.

4. Rinkah: The highest defense possible non-Avatar Matoi, but poor offense (growths and mod).

5. Sakura: Wastes her marriage seal, but gives high growths to Matoi, including magic growthsā€¦ Tied for highest total growths of Matoi's mothers. Matoi will be held back by her own low base growths, but she could perhaps make good use of Shinrai Naginata (but Sakura has better magic growths for it, although not necessarily the weapon ranks). Priestess doesn't do much offensively, although it could turn Matoi into a Rally bot. Matoi is a Princess and thus has Dragon's Vein.

6. Hana: Tsubaki wastes his marriage seal. Same class set for Matoi as before, but distributed differently, higher on STR, lower on Mag and HP.

7. Orochiā€¦ this is really playing against typeā€¦ and -3 SPD modā€¦ yuck. That said, she does get Basara and the highest skill, but low speed will limit the usefulness of this.

8. Hinoka: The other princess Matoi option. Tsubaki and Matoi both get Lance Fighter (and thus Lancefaire access). No negative mods (although that also tends to mean more moderate values). +1 Str, neutral speed, both defenses are increased. Hinoka offers the 2nd highest growths to Matoi, after Azura and Sakura, and only by 5% less in her own personal growths.

9. Setsuna: One of the fastest Matoi versions (tied with Azura), and Prescient Victory or Holy Bowman could be interesting, but the worst growths of any mother Matoi can have.

10. Oboro: Similar to Hinoka!Matoi (gives her the same class set); trades luck (-1 less) and resistance (3 less) for skill (2 more) and defense (2 more). However, Matoi misses out on Dragon's Vein access and Oboro has worse total growths than Hinoka: 280% vs. 305%. So I'd argue that Oboro!Matoi is largely a lesser version of Hinoka!Matoi. Oboro can pass Copycat if she really wants to, but Tsubaki can already do that with A+ Saizou, so ANY Matoi can get that if she really wants it via her father. Although this could free up Tsubaki's A+ for something else.

11. Kagerou: Nice STR mod and growth, but -2 SPD mod. I suppose Matoi could still manage in a fast class like Falcon warrior, Trueblade, or Elite Ninja (for which she gets both faires). Ninja is not immediately convenient for weapon ranks, but can be grown into.

12. Luna: Poor growth rates. Hurts strength (negative mod and poor growths). Tied with Oboro for second highest defense stat on Matoi (after Rinkah). Luna wastes her marriage seal. Even though Luna gives +1 Mag, don't expect to use it muchā€¦ Luna has a 5% MAG growth, which further hurts Matoi's already lowish base 15% MAG growth

13. Nyx: Even worse growths than Luna (235%, just better than Setsuna). Makes a magic oriented Matoi, although a 5% STR growth from Nyx badly hurts her strength growth. Matoi would end up with mediocre magical growth, although she could better with Shinrai Naginata. Nyx can be a Swallow Strike Sorcerer due to Tsubakiā€¦ Matoi could do that as well, but she's slower and has lower magic growths, its not as practical. But Matoi can use Swords in Dark Knight, so perhaps she could go hybrid or something in that class.

Let's consider these with the chart I made

1. Felicia: A magic/support orientated Matoi I suppose she could make use of Shinrai Naginatas (magic naginata, 1-2 range), Servant's Joy, and Auras. I feel that a support Matoi is wasteful given her personal skill being damage orientated. Tsubaki might do better as a supportive unit, that said.

2. Azura: One of the fastest possible Matois and doesn't hurt her STR stat. Tied for highest total growths of Matoi's mothers. Skill set is more supportively orientated. Tsubaki has the same basic opportunities here. It should be noted that Tsubaki also affects Shigure here. Azura wastes her marriage seal, if I'm correct.

3. Mozume: High growths, Villager gives Aptitude, but the Weapons Master promotion overlaps with the Samurai tree.

4. Rinkah: The highest defense possible non-Avatar Matoi, but poor offense (growths and mod).

5. Sakura: Wastes her marriage seal, but gives high growths to Matoi, including magic growths Tied for highest total growths of Matoi's mothers. Matoi will be held back by her own low base growths, but she could perhaps make good use of Shinrai Naginata (but Sakura has better magic growths for it, although not necessarily the weapon ranks). Priestess doesn't do much offensively, although it could turn Matoi into a Rally bot. Matoi is a Princess and thus has Dragon's Vein.

6. Hana: Tsubaki wastes his marriage seal. Same class set for Matoi as before, but distributed differently, higher on STR, lower on Mag and HP.

7. Orochi this is really playing against type and -3 SPD mod yuck. That said, she does get Basara and the highest skill, but low speed will limit the usefulness of this.

8. Hinoka: The other princess Matoi option. Tsubaki and Matoi both get Lance Fighter (and thus Lancefaire access). No negative mods (although that also tends to mean more moderate values). +1 Str, neutral speed, both defenses are increased. Hinoka offers the 2nd highest growths to Matoi, after Azura and Sakura, and only by 5% less in her own personal growths.

9. Setsuna: One of the fastest Matoi versions (tied with Azura), and Prescient Victory or Holy Bowman could be interesting, but the worst growths of any mother Matoi can have.

10. Oboro: Similar to Hinoka!Matoi (gives her the same class set); trades luck (-1 less) and resistance (3 less) for skill (2 more) and defense (2 more). However, Matoi misses out on Dragon's Vein access and Oboro has worse total growths than Hinoka: 280% vs. 305%. So I'd argue that Oboro!Matoi is largely a lesser version of Hinoka!Matoi. Oboro can pass Copycat if she really wants to, but Tsubaki can already do that with A+ Saizou, so ANY Matoi can get that if she really wants it via her father. Although this could free up Tsubaki's A+ for something else.

11. Kagerou: Nice STR mod and growth, but -2 SPD mod. I suppose Matoi could still manage in a fast class like Falcon warrior, Trueblade, or Elite Ninja (for which she gets both faires). Ninja is not immediately convenient for weapon ranks, but can be grown into.

12. Luna: Poor growth rates. Hurts strength (negative mod and poor growths). Tied with Oboro for second highest defense stat on Matoi (after Rinkah). Luna wastes her marriage seal. Even though Luna gives +1 Mag, don't expect to use it much Luna has a 5% MAG growth, which further hurts Matoi's already lowish base 15% MAG growth

13. Nyx: Even worse growths than Luna (235%, just better than Setsuna). Makes a magic oriented Matoi, although a 5% STR growth from Nyx badly hurts her strength growth. Matoi would end up with mediocre magical growth, although she could better with Shinrai Naginata. Nyx can be a Swallow Strike Sorcerer due to Tsubaki Matoi could do that as well, but she's slower and has lower magic growths, its not as practical. But Matoi can use Swords in Dark Knight, so perhaps she could go hybrid or something in that class.

yup my calculations exactly Hinoka is always best mom for her. In my IK file she pretty much excels at killing at really high damage and capable of dodging a lot of hits,she's got excellent level-ups as well and she's also really effective as a FW, HL and Basara.

Also noting Great Lord goes well with prodigy as well as acquiring aether with Breaking Sky(which she triggers a lot!) makes a dangerous combination especially with my avatar paired with her combined with nohr gives a lot to work with.

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Speaking of Aqua and wasting marriage seals, though, does Aqua even really need any class other than Songstress itself? It's unique utility, her personal also only really works for it, and while her offensive growths are really good her durability is beyond ass and there's plenty of people who are offensively great but only Aqua can do her job. I can see her having like, maybe Sun God for a supportive Aura-type skill while she just dances people, but she can get that by herself, too.

So beyond getting something that would hurt Shigure in the process (and in Tsubaki's case Samurai is cool but his mods are ass), does she really care?

(although then again Tsubaki is the only man who passes nothing to Aqua anyway, this is more about is there anything Aqua actually want from anyone, really, since there are some classes that don't work well with certain characters and most of the time it matters but I feel like in Aqua's case you can pass her or not pass her anything and she probably won't give a damn)

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think it's more about getting skills to help out Aqua, mainly if she gets attacked. I don't really see much use personally, because even if the dancer doesn't get owned in one hit, it's a net loss to let them get attacked and Aqua is about on par with Lalum in terms of defense, which exacerbates the problem.

So no, I wouldn't say that Aqua really cares about getting any other class, but then most dancers don't. I remember grinding Olivia up for her extra skills like Swordfaire and Vantage and regretting it since I lost dancing for awhile and even once she was turned back, there was never a time where her attacking or getting attacked was ever a good idea and she never wants to be in the back of a pair up (because she can't dance that way). So yeah.

(Also Tsubaki's more like Lowen than Cordelia, but I like using Lowen so that's cool with me).

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it too. I feel Aqua's defensive capabilities are just kind of a lost cause and it's the player's fault if she's in range of anything, and if she really wants something that can sorta help out with not dying in one hit, might as well grab Miracle off Sakura (which still requires like, seals to go in, heal for like a level, then seal get out because it's not worth staying longer than that and really not worth it anyway but probably the most useful on her out of the bunch) which doesn't even require her to marry anyone.

(Well yeah but I think it was less Tsubaki being anyone and Matoi being an actual Cordelia expy...except not in stats)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Oh yeah speaking of Luna, she make a good parent for anyone?

she's still +2 Speed and it's only -1 Str. so while not ideal for a physical, it's ok. she's also fine for a speedy Magic user based on modifiers. though outside of Sol (which in itself isn't the most coveted trigger skill) none of the skills she gives in her Mercenary class are that interesting.

Speaking of Aqua and wasting marriage seals, though, does Aqua even really need any class other than Songstress itself? It's unique utility, her personal also only really works for it, and while her offensive growths are really good her durability is beyond ass and there's plenty of people who are offensively great but only Aqua can do her job. I can see her having like, maybe Sun God for a supportive Aura-type skill while she just dances people, but she can get that by herself, too.

So beyond getting something that would hurt Shigure in the process (and in Tsubaki's case Samurai is cool but his mods are ass), does she really care?

(although then again Tsubaki is the only man who passes nothing to Aqua anyway, this is more about is there anything Aqua actually want from anyone, really, since there are some classes that don't work well with certain characters and most of the time it matters but I feel like in Aqua's case you can pass her or not pass her anything and she probably won't give a damn)

Aqua's Str, Skl, and Spd growths are godly so if someone decides: hey, Singing isn't that great, then we could attempt to salvage her abysmal defenses into below average and keep her ranged. she could take Knight (Lol) which gives +20 to HP and Def growths, bringing them to 45 and 35 (average growths for those are 50.3 and 37.5 respectively total in my huge Excel sheet of growths). also gives her Pavise and she easily maxes Str because also +20 (as Singer, she'll overshoot Str cap on average of 0.4 pts anyways so even easier). her base 60 Skl and Spd growths will be fine even with the Knight's 15/5 growths (in just Singer, she'll overshoot Singer on average by 5.2 pts so 15% less speed over 39 Lvls is 5.85 pts, she'll still be close to cap. not that you'll be in Knight immediately anyways). when she reclasses into a Tier 2 at the end, Singer's crappy base stats means she'll gain even more stats as well. Knight also gives Pavise which goes well with her high Skl growth and Luna for power. oh and Diamond Strike for more bulk on Player phase

she might also want Oni Savage though promotion drops 10% HP or 5% Def depending and less interesting Skills for combat (unless you want super glass cannon with LoD)

she may want to end her class as DF for ranged Hidden Weapons and Brave Sword but requires grinding weapon ranks (Axe and Sword can be done in GK). she has nothing interesting to A+ with for classes sadly.

Edited by GoXDS

I guess it is pretty tempting to watch Aqua get her face bashed in (because seriously, Aqua is just the worst as a character), but yeah, the most I can see is Aqua barely scraping 2HKOs against the weaker enemy types. I don't think it even particularly matters if she levels honestly, she can still do her job nicely.

Kind of like the Dancers in the other games :awesome:

(fsr I find it really funny that Matoi has much more in common with Forde or Lowen statwise than the character she's an expy of).

>Singing isn't that great

u wot mate singing is awesome

hey, hey, I said IF. one can argue that in general, Singing to reuse 1 fighter is equivalent to replacing that Singer with an attacker anyways (plus Singer's abysmal Move of 5 bar Boots) and they wouldn't be wrong

or instead of that, say someone was too enticed by Azura's lovely offensive growths

Growths aren't everything about a unit, if you really want to favoritism Aqua you'd let her do what she does best anyway instead of trying to compete with actually good combat units, it'll work out better in her favor I promise

I mean if you wanna do it then by all means go ahead but that's really fringe cases of weird favoritism instead of what's actually best for the unit, which is take advantage of this unique utility that has been awesome and will always be awesome

Lemme tell ya I've played hardest difficulty on every FE since 4 (well, 6, considering 4 and 5 don't have hm) except RD (no system) and other than on 13 (mainly due to a playstyle shift and not any fault of Olivia's, since you can run hyperoffensive on 13L/L+ and Olivia's great there. I just chose to play defensively in that particular case) dancers were not only useful but vital in pulling off hella strats. ESPECIALLY 12Lunatic. And even in 13, where I didn't use Olivia every map, I still took her to 25 and final where I really wanted to skip over the entire map. A dancer's utility isn't just refresh another unit to fight, but rather also manipulate the overall positioning, or pull some extra cool staff strats with. To say it just refreshes another unit is really underselling dance utility, and like traditional FE, you can always move a dancer further by attaching them to a mount and letting the mount move them.

Since 14 L sounds closer to 12L than 13L in playstyle in that it's more position focused rather than stomp everyone with raw stats and lol hard, I'd imagine dance utility would be pretty irreplaceable.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Growths aren't everything about a unit, if you really want to favoritism Aqua you'd let her do what she does best anyway instead of trying to compete with actually good combat units, it'll work out better in her favor I promise

I mean if you wanna do it then by all means go ahead but that's really fringe cases of weird favoritism instead of what's actually best for the unit, which is take advantage of this unique utility that has been awesome and will always be awesome

Lemme tell ya I've played hardest difficulty on every FE since 4 (well, 6, considering 4 and 5 don't have hm) except RD (no system) and other than on 13 (mainly due to a playstyle shift and not any fault of Olivia's, since you can run hyperoffensive on 13L/L+ and Olivia's great there. I just chose to play defensively in that particular case) dancers were not only useful but vital in pulling off hella strats. ESPECIALLY 12Lunatic. And even in 13, where I didn't use Olivia every map, I still took her to 25 and final where I really wanted to skip over the entire map. A dancer's utility isn't just refresh another unit to fight, but rather also manipulate the overall positioning, or pull some extra cool staff strats with. To say it just refreshes another unit is really underselling dance utility, and like traditional FE, you can always move a dancer further by attaching them to a mount and letting the mount move them.

Since 14 L sounds closer to 12L than 13L in playstyle in that it's more position focused rather than stomp everyone with raw stats and lol hard, I'd imagine dance utility would be pretty irreplaceable.

I understand Dancing's full benefits. I was just giving arguments for someone that might not care for it as much. and you asked for Classes Azura could use and I was simply giving some possibilities. because outside that, you already gave her best options. and lastly, if you plan to grind to max stats then Azura's defenses aren't abysmal anymore and +3 Speed is great so she's one of the better Gen 1 units (possibly provided she gets a good class, maybe Great Lord). though unlike the male Royals, she doesn't have a weapon to put her on par with Gen 2

Edited by GoXDS

she's still +2 Speed and it's only -1 Str. so while not ideal for a physical, it's ok. she's also fine for a speedy Magic user based on modifiers.

While this is true for Luna in terms of modifiers, keep in mind that Luna also has only a 5% growth in magic, so its going to be hard or harder in some cases for her kid to actually get a high enough magic stat for the modifiers to actually matter. She in terms of modifiers her kids lean magic, but in terms of growths this is far from the case.

Luna is more like the speedy but low strength Mercenary who has good defenses.

Orohci: 0 STR, 3 MAG, 2 SKL, -2 SPD, -1 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res

Silas: 1 STR, 0 MAG, 2 SKL, 0 SPD, -1 Lck, 0 Def, -1 Res

Sophie: 2 Str, 4 Mag, 5 Skl, -1 Spd, -1 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res

Sophie's Default Personal Growth Rates: 35% HP, 35% Str, 10% Mag, 55% Skl, 50% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 35% Res

Orochi's Persona Growth Rates: 35% HP, 5% Str, 65% Mag, 50% Skl, 15% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 45% Res

Now, its known that growth rates inherit in some manner (as there are kids out there who otherwise would have 0% magic growths from personal + class who have gotten non-zero magic growths due to their parents), but the exact means by which this works in unknown. My currently unconfirmed hypothesis is (Mother's Persona Growths + Child's Default Personal Growths)/2 = Child's Final Personal Growths.

Assuming that my idea is correct: Orochi!Sophie: 35% HP, 20% Str, 37.5% Mag, 52.5% Skl, 32.5% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 40% Res

Classes: Cavalier, Mercenary, Spellcaster

Perhaps a Basara (Spellcaster promotion) would be a good classā€¦ let her use that lance rank she already has (and she can use magic lances with it) while building up magic and getting used to Tomes. That and Breaking Sky.

Basically what astrophys said.I would suggest Orochi A+ Oboro so she can get Lancefaire for both herself as a Basara(As Orochi is better as a Basara then Exorcist)and Sophie as a Basara.Then just give them a Shinrai Pike each to abuse their high Mag.

I understand Dancing's full benefits. I was just giving arguments for someone that might not care for it as much. and you asked for Classes Azura could use and I was simply giving some possibilities. because outside that, you already gave her best options. and lastly, if you plan to grind to max stats then Azura's defenses aren't abysmal anymore and +3 Speed is great so she's one of the better Gen 1 units (possibly provided she gets a good class, maybe Great Lord). though unlike the male Royals, she doesn't have a weapon to put her on par with Gen 2

No, I asked if there's any skills that could even be useful as a dancer because dancing is indisputably the best for her. Then came to the conclusion that whatever attempts to boost her durability to "potentially not dying in a hit" isn't as good as just using dancer native skills to support harder anyway.

There was never any intention to try to get her to do anything not to dance, and I apologise if I don't get that across clearly since English isn't my first language, but I was more going for skills in other classes that could benefit her as a dancer/support unit without needing to actively engage in combat (which is why I mentioned sun god since that's a passive aura and she doesn't have to do anything, but I'm not really sure if there's anything else from anything she can't get herself)

I think you misunderstood me and thought I wanted entire class options, but all I wanted was some skills to make her a better dancer and also figuring that she most likely doesn't care and one can likely freely to pass a non-beneficial class to her if it isn't useless on Shigure.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I need a bit of help with something.

I was wondering whether I should do Luna!Foleo and Nyx!Eponine or Nyx!Foleo and Luna!Eponine.Nyx!Eponine seems cool for Spellcaster but I plan on making Eponine an Adventurer and really I don't care whether I have Breaking Sky or not since I find Vengeance to be better especially for bow characters.

Luna!Eponine probably works out better. Foleo is a magical kid, but Luna has a pretty bad, albeit non-zero, magic growth of 5%. Nyx has a 50% magic growth rate.

(Nyx does have lower TOTAL growths, but Mag is one of Foleo's key stats and Nyx is better for that).

It was said earlier that Lazward's Azure Dance skill stacks with the Rally skills. Does anyone know if the same applies for Shigure's Tuning skill?

He has two inherent rallies (Rally Speed and Rally Resistance), plus whatever else he gets from his father, his buddy, and his wife.

If they do stack with Tuning, then Shigure would be a much more effective rallybot, allowing his allies to recover HP and get higher stats simultaneously. Plus, he already has access to a flying class for even more efficiency.

It was said earlier that Lazward's Azure Dance skill stacks with the Rally skills. Does anyone know if the same applies for Shigure's Tuning skill?

He has two inherent rallies (Rally Speed and Rally Resistance), plus whatever else he gets from his father, his buddy, and his wife.

If they do stack with Tuning, then Shigure would be a much more effective rallybot, allowing his allies to recover HP and get higher stats simultaneously. Plus, he already has access to a flying class for even more efficiency.

I'm pretty sure Shigure's Rally skills stack with tuning. He heals at the same time he rallies.

Luna!Eponine probably works out better. Foleo is a magical kid, but Luna has a pretty bad, albeit non-zero, magic growth of 5%. Nyx has a 50% magic growth rate.

(Nyx does have lower TOTAL growths, but Mag is one of Foleo's key stats and Nyx is better for that).

Thanks.I was gonna make Eponine use a Shining Bow so Breaking Sky would be pretty useless and that was really the only thing she was getting from Nyx.