QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought of it gives me a bit of anxiety, since I'm not very competent in video games

At first when I got into my first mmo (Guild Wars 2) I was super nervous because I had no clue what I was doing and was surrounded by many other active players so I was surrounded by people who (in my mind) would JUDGE ME and WATCH ME as I was fumbling around having no clue what I was doing. But gradually I adjusted to it because I learned that people didn't seem to be paying that much attention to each other (or maybe that's me, being unable to multitask) and in that game, at least, people have been incredibly helpful when we did cooperate. But I imagine that's probably because it was built to be a cooperative game, not a competitive one.

In Monster Hunter my experience with randoms hasn't been all that bad, people have been nice enough. I don't think I've quite grouped with an incompetent one yet, and even if I did I can take care of myself in that game B)

okay, less so in mh4u

Other than those.... I don't think I've ever been brave enough to do anything with randoms.

In Monster Hunter my experience with randoms hasn't been all that bad, people have been nice enough. I don't think I've quite grouped with an incompetent one yet, and even if I did I can take care of myself in that game B)

In tri I once grouped with someone who couldn't handle great jaggi. Which is understandable, because he's great. But still...

Depends on the game and community. Final Fantasy 14 has an amazing community, so I have no problems on the rare occasion I get to sit down and play it lol. I tend to get addicted to MMOs in short bursts when I play them, so thankfully I've not renewed my subscription in a while, or Scribbles would've been a disaster.

I haven't played a F2P MMO in forever, but 99% of the time their communities are terrible. Best thing to do in most online games is to find friends who play them, or make friends within them, start your own group thing and never touch random grouping again.

The randoms I've played with in Chivalry and Monster Hunter haven't been too horrible, and those games are pretty much the only online games I play that involve cooperation.

So yeah, I guess. I prefer friends if I can.

Depends on the game and community. Final Fantasy 14 has an amazing community

Agreed, the strangers are generally nice to talk to randomly on it. Or alternatively, just manderville dance your way to friendship in the Gridanian Aetherlyte Plaza.

SOMETIMES

back when i played this mmo i sometimes queued with random people with sf dot net user pklucas531 and we'd attempt to talk to them while playing

most of them didn't respond but the ones that did tended to be very pleasant and i enjoyed meeting new people

Edited by bling

No, most of them are annoying people that don't follow the spirit of the game and just troll the entire, the other half are worthless dregs. That doesn't even count the overlays of people screaming into the mic, the near constant streams of sexist comments, or the morons that hit on any female that speaks up.

Edited by Dwlr

The best thing about grouping with randoMs is when ur in a game where u can jump and u manage to stick a hard to land surface such as another players head.

Another example is landing on top of the terminals in Xenoblade x in the multiplayer waiting room.

on one hand I like the idea

on the other hand it makes me nervous that I'll get volatile people who get mad about me being bad at video games :'')