New DLC Out Now

Hardin

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone translate this? Some DLC have this note, while some haven't:

※この追加マップでは、専用のキャラクターを操作して戦います。(登場するキャラクターの能力は、本編のセーブデータとは連動しません)

Does it mean that your characters' stats won't carry over to those particular DLC?

Does it mean that your characters' stats won't carry over to those particular DLC?

Yeah I think so. It's probably like how the children's stats in Future Past are fixed, except here you actually get to play as them I guess

That's pretty cool if true, as it allows for the map to be designed with legitimate difficulty

Adding to this, since apparently Fates' engine allows for DLC to go crazy with new classes that don't exist in the base game, it probably means Owain will be an actual Swordmaster and not a Trueblade. Not that it would really have much of a functional difference, but it's a nice aesthetic throwback.

Edited by Bovinian

Yeah I think so. It's probably like how the children's stats in Future Past are fixed, except here you actually get to play as them I guess

That's pretty cool if true, as it allows for the map to be designed with legitimate difficulty

more challenge the better!

Yes. It seems that in "Paradise Scramble" and "Battle for the Strongest Royal" you choose which of the royal siblings (and their subordinates) to play as, whilst in the "Invisible History" scenario it's a set group of characters. (This is just going off the site - I haven't played the maps myself to see if you carry over your own units as well.)

Edited by GSR

I wonder if anything interesting happens should you take Robin near Chrom?

A paradox considering the DLC happens before they meet Robin.

Hmm.. Maybe the Invisible History DLC will explain why Severa, Inigo, and Owain are in Fates, since there's a screenshot of the three of them in their Awakening outfits?

Edited by Khid

Well this is good news. At least now Nohr has a legit grinding option (says the person who likes to abuse EXPonential Growth). Though I am curious about the supposed story DLCs and what they entail.

Hmm.. Maybe the Invisible History DLC will explain why Severa, Inigo, and Owain are in Fates, since there's a screenshot of the three of them in their Awakening outfits?

(Don't know how much of a spoiler that's considered around here, so tagging it just in case.)

It seems likely. Rough translation of the blurb:

What if... you could know their past and their future?

The origins of the heroes who hid their names. The futures of the heroes who slew a dragon.

And the man who took the name "Hydra".

Edited by GSR

So do you get any of FEA characters after completed the Awakening DLC?

I don't think so, I think you just get the seals. I'm wondering if you can at least view their models.

Also, the DLC takes place BEFORE Awakening?

don't think so I can see a season 2 pass.

I see. Well maybe for that particular batch of DLC...

Im keeping an eye out anyway cuz i want the DLC for this game too. Seriously, this game is the only game im investing in next year so i can go whole hog.

Actually if the Meeting with Awakening DLC does take place before Awakening's story, then that's a valid reason for why any of them can't go with you. They wouldn't be Phantoms, they'd be the real thing, you can't just take any of them with you back to your universe, then Awakening would just fall apart.

Actually if the Meeting with Awakening DLC does take place before Awakening's story, then that's a valid reason for why any of them can't go with you. They wouldn't be Phantoms, they'd be the real thing, you can't just take any of them with you back to your universe, then Awakening would just fall apart.

I wonder if Odin has a special conversation with Lissa lol

I wonder if Odin has a special conversation with Lissa lol

Here you go, courtesy of /feg/ http://pastebin.com/F4KTXicJ
Ophelia and Lissa:

The awakening trio all have special dialogue

Luna and Chrom:
Lazwald and Chrom:
Edited by Xanek

Here you go, courtesy of /feg/ http://pastebin.com/F4KTXicJ

The awakening trio all have special dialogue

Luna and Chrom:
Lazwald and Chrom:
Ophelia and Lissa:

Hahaha awesome, plays out just about how I expected it to

I remember seeing a screenshot of Matoi having a conversation with Chrom too. It's the other way around, where Chrom mistakes her for Cordelia but Matoi has no idea who Chrom is

Edited by Bovinian