[Battle: FE13] Round 1 - Lopey vs. greenminid

Espinosa

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That really is crazy. I would not want to be in Lopey's army right now, as I'd be stomped by Greenminind's army. Good game, congrats on the sweep, and maybe we'll face off next round.

And Greenminid is the first one to move on to Round 2! Congratulations!

dat massacre tho

Sumia and Lissa can be actually decent support units, being the only Gen 1 female with Bond + Renewal access. Especially Sumia with Miracle/Pavise/Def+2/Speed+2 who can also get Tomefaire or Luna for more offensive power. Lissa can get Tomefaire, Lancefaire, Speed+2, Galeforce, Demoiselle, Miracle and that's all I guess. She is kinda sad, because once you see her, her build is already done. That's why Sumia is kinda better.

But the Bond + Renewal strat seems really good.

Sumia and Lissa can be actually decent support units, being the only Gen 1 female with Bond + Renewal access.

Miriel/Maribelle/Cherche/Emmeryn?

I dunno if anyone is running Def+2 at all, though Spd+2 obviously has a lot more value.

Miriel has Bond + Renewal as well as access to Sorcerer, so she's generally better at pulling that combination off than Sumia or Lissa. I suppose Miriel's lack of Pavise could make a difference, but I still think she's better.

EDIT: Ninja cat.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Luna is unforgable and who wants to use a weaker lance in hopes to proc a luna than something more powerful and more accurate, that also allows you to control your range?

Me obviously, I was also using astra on two units. Which you have said before that it wasn't good. And yet it pulled it's weight.

Edit: that may have come off as rude. Sorry I didn't mean it that way. Lissa was not meant to be an offensive unit in the first place on my team though.

Edited by greenminid

Astra is basically an inferior Aether. If you pack Astra and another offensive skill (namely Luna, probably not Vengeance), you have higher odds of landing some skill. It doesn't pierce Generals, which a lot of Assassins and Swordmasters are really interested in. Doing ~2.5 damage (half the time it's less because it's an odd number) is certainly better than not proccing a single skill, though.

And so far it looks like brave weaponry reigns supreme in the metagame; you use them more often than anything else. The ban on forging them doesn't hurt them much when Anathema secures that they connect most of the time anyway, and doubling your chances to proc a skill is way better than the extra damage, accuracy and some defensive property of a forged/legendary weapon.

Well, there still are a lot of times the weapons with +5 speed or +5 defense, or the forged hit or effectiveness are more useful. Admittedly, braves are the best, but there are applications for other weapons.

I'm wondering when someone is going to roll Say'ri!Bride with Lancefaire & Gungnir(+5Str) & Str+2

now THAT would be a meaty Astra