Will this game get patched?

Leif

After watching a few gameplay clips, I noticed some minor glitches with character animations.

For example, male Nohr Princes, White Bloods, and Dark Bloods have something wrong with their victory animation.

After they complete it, they have their sword pointed down and back turned. They then just "freeze" and not have that continuous err... breathing animation (don't know what else to call it) like the other classes do.

Also, male butlers have a wonky "jumping away from the enemy" animation (again, I don't have a good word to describe that) after an attack. They spin around like a helicopter as they retreat, but their heads stay locked, looking at the foe. It's like that freaky 360 head turn from The Exorcist.

Females with long hair, like Charlotte, Female Avatar, or Azura, have their hair constantly clip through their bodies when they jump around.

I know this is nit-picky but it's rather jarring and could be easily remedied right? I hope I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Also, I still can't get over the lack of unique weapon icons. Barring the NES Fire Emblems, there have been unique weapon and item icons for every Fire Emblem game except this one. Surely tiny pixelated icons don't take up that much data right?

All in all, what would be the likelihood of a patch to correct these mistakes?

Edited by Leif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, male butlers have a wonky "jumping away from the enemy" animation (again, I don't have a good word to describe that) after an attack. They spin around like a helicopter as they retreat, but their heads stay locked, looking at the foe. It's like that freaky 360 head turn from The Exorcist.

That sounds so creepy, lol.

Clipping's been around since Awakening; I don't think they have an easy fix. Lack of weapon icons seems purposeful, as annoying and perplexing as it is, and it'd probably be really jarring and confusing for the weapons to all suddenly get new icons as part of an update.

The others sound like subtler things the devs might've just missed; I haven't noticed them at all. So if they find that those animations aren't behaving as they're supposed to, it's possible they'll do something.

I need a video of this.

Edit: They'll probably patch it all of it.

That sounds so creepy, lol.

https://youtu.be/WXwa5grA_w8?t=3m36s

Check it out. Watch Jakob spin away and you'll see that his head doesn't twirl around. Yikes.

https://youtu.be/AYHDukKqU-8?t=4m29s

Here is that weird Dark Blood animation glitch.

Considering they never patched Awakening so that the character models would have feet, I doubt that they'd patch this.

Well that was intentional because they didn't know how to create extra space for feet (as I recall from past interviews). These mistakes I noticed cannot be intentional.

Edited by Leif

I don't see the problem with Dark Blood. It's definitely breathing, just not moving that much.

Lack of weapon icons has to be intentional, as hard as it is to imagine why.

I don't see the problem with Dark Blood. It's definitely breathing, just not moving that much.

Lack of weapon icons has to be intentional, as hard as it is to imagine why.

Here is a better video:

https://youtu.be/-6GlpBR2qeg?t=2m3s

You see when he is done with the victory animation, he just... freezes. Even the player zooms in on Corrin, haha.

Edited by Leif

Well I slowed the Joker video to 0.25 and I'm pretty sure his head does turn with him, you see the back of his head at times.

Lack of unique weapon icons bother me too, but that's unlikely to be patched. Hopefully characters popping in does get resolved though.

Well I slowed the Joker video to 0.25 and I'm pretty sure his head does turn with him, you see the back of his head at times.

Lack of unique weapon icons bother me too, but that's unlikely to be patched. Hopefully characters popping in does get resolved though.

Argh! How did I miss that?! I guess when it plays really fast, it looks like his head doesn't move. Regardless, it's still a rather odd animation.

However, you do see the Dark Blood animation freezing, right?

I forgot about characters popping in to battle as well. I really hope that gets changed.

None of this is going to get patched, sorry to disappoint.

Hair clipping happened in Awakening too with certain Lucina classes. It's just.. what happens.

The reason you couldn't see the head spin is because the body has this motion-blur like affect to it that the head doesn't, tangled with the animation being fast and the video's/3ds' fps being low.

I saw this one for sure. He takes one or two breaths and then freezes.

Yeah, it's minor mistakes like that that should be fixed. Surely there's a code for a looping breathing animation that just needs to be implemented.

I think the reason why there are generic icons is due to the fact that there are two different versions of swords, lances, axes, bows, staves, and magic.

Though it would make sense to have generic icons to separate the two more easily, wouldn't the names of the weapons work well enough to separate the two versions? Or they could have put in a weapon class in the weapon description. It just seems lazy on IS's part.

I reclassed Daniela to a Dark Flier once, and instead of being a flying dark pegasus it was just a random floating horse without wings. It was funny but I wished it would be fixed although something like that probably isn't to important in the long run.

I reclassed Daniela to a Dark Flier once, and instead of being a flying dark pegasus it was just a random floating horse without wings. It was funny but I wished it would be fixed although something like that probably isn't to important in the long run.

This is funny, can you post a picture?

I highly doubt the game is going to be patched for these things. They're very minor, aesthetic things and you need to be paying extremely close attention to notice them. Except for the clipping, but that's never going to be fixed, and the weapon icons. Suddenly adding icons is going to be weird.

Argh! How did I miss that?! I guess when it plays really fast, it looks like his head doesn't move. Regardless, it's still a rather odd animation.

Actually, the animation isn't that odd. It makes sense considering he's spinning fast. I did ballet and jazz for several years and Joker's spotting during that turn, in other words, rapidly snapping his head back to face forward. Not only does it prevent dizziness, it might make sense in a battle standpoint because he's never taking his eyes of his enemy.

But I gotta agree on that ending animation for Kamui though. It's just...off.

The problem with all the cliping (hair, pieces of armor, clothing, tails) is that it's straight out unprofesional and lazy, not to mention that it was a problem in the previous game so I highly doubt they aren't aware of it happening with the engine.

The hair is particularly outragerous as it isn't even a very complicated model, it's just this huge sticked togueter thing (although Aqua's does moves more than the rest, but as Aquaze mentioned she's literally Cliping: The Experience), diferenciating it's skeleton so it doesn't pass trough the body shouldn't be more than a routine for a profesional team which had already worked with the engine in the past.

I would understand if it was something like a character hitting with a range 1 animation from afar if when it was going to attack it reached the end of the fight area in middle of the animation which teleports it back to the other end (like this) and it's honestly an understandable problem as you can't make it go infinitevely, but all the cliping is just lazyness from the team who worked with the models and animations.

Edited by Jariu

I don't know if it's truly an error, but the Dark Blood tome animation is terrible.

They only have one casting animation, while most classes have three at least, attack once, second attack, and finisher.

She's also off center in the magic circle when it forms

I don't think it's an error, though, it looks like they were just lazy.

Edited by L95

I highly doubt the game is going to be patched for these things. They're very minor, aesthetic things and you need to be paying extremely close attention to notice them. Except for the clipping, but that's never going to be fixed, and the weapon icons. Suddenly adding icons is going to be weird.

Actually, the animation isn't that odd. It makes sense considering he's spinning fast. I did ballet and jazz for several years and Joker's spotting during that turn, in other words, rapidly snapping his head back to face forward. Not only does it prevent dizziness, it might make sense in a battle standpoint because he's never taking his eyes of his enemy.

But I gotta agree on that ending animation for Kamui though. It's just...off.

I stand corrected. though I'd like to see you spin around and twirl that fast without pulling a neck muscle :P

YIKES. Ok, there's gotta be a patch to fix glaring errors like that.

Edited by Leif