Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Doug moves to 11,21!

Doug attacks Soldier D with his Iron Lance!
(44 77)
Splat!

Doug gains 40 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Doug cantos to 11,23!

"Right away, Sir Kearney! I am at your disposal!"

Zadkiel moves to 9,23!

Zadkiel gives Angus his Vulnerary!

Angus moves to 7,18!

Angus equips his Hand Axe!

Angus speaks to Owen!

Angus cantos to 7,17!

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...What?" Owen eyed Angus in confusion as the squire rode past; mostly by the fact Sir Kearney had actually been the first to speak to him at all --was the battle really that engrossing for everyone else? "You... you don't plan to take that... thing, alone, do you?" Owen sighed, he still had to deal with the unconscious Dettard, so following Angus was not in his plans; letting the young squire walk to probable doom wasn't part of it either. "Hey! Somebody should follow you, don't get near that one alone." Turning his head around, Owen quickly scanned for candidates. "Sidney, follow Angus. You can keep your distance if things get too dangerous." I'm not even sure she alone is enough support...

Owen slowly tows Dettard with him to (8,22).

Edited by Xinnidy

"Follow him?!" Sidney briefly protested, before the prince's disclaimer. "Well, alright... you can count on that, though! If he gets jumped, I'm not gonna die because of this clown's plan, got it?"

Sid to (6, 18)... reluctantly.

Angus shifts in the saddle, giving Owen a cheery wave. "Focus on the rest, Your Highness. I'll meet with you soon enough, one way or another!" From there, he turns his attention to Sidney--as ignoble as Angus found her, he still didn't have any business getting her killed. "Ho, thief. This type's right easy to manipulate; if I'm the only one swinging at 'im, you can sneak right by. Right up your alley, eh?" The squire chuckles, continuing. "Trust me on this one, would you? Still, thanks for the help; I get killed juggling the big man and the rank-and-file, you're next~"

-----

Jeeves hold

Andromeda to (11,25)
Ermin to (12,25)
Graham to (8,24)
Edited by Terrador

Owen moves to 8,22!

Sidney moves to 6,18!

Sidney can hear a metallic sound!

Jeeves holds!

(27)

Jeeves is OK!

"..."

Andromeda moves to 11,25!

"What, no more action for me?"

Ermin moves to 12,25!

Graham moves to 8,24!

With Dettard knocked unconscious, Cassandra wished she had a moment to herself to simply off the fool... But considering he was knocked out in the first place, perhaps Owen had plans for him. Oh, maybe torture~ How wonderful that would be for a cretin like him. Thoughts aside, she came up to Owen, and began healing the wounds the baron had placed on him before being so easily bested. "So, brother, what did the wind bag have to say? Nothing important, I assume? Just your standard treachery and treason." She truly felt he wasn't a big issue, especially with half of his forces laid low so quickly.

Cassandra to (9,22), heal Owen

Claire moves to 7,22!

Cass moves to 9,22!

Cass heals Owen to full HP!

Cass gains 15 XP!

Cass grows to level 7!

(93 16 78 29 98 63 1 67)

Strength up!

Skill up!

Luck up!

Defense up!

Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Cass reaches D Staves!

Gerrard moves to 10,24!

Jean moves to 7,23!

ENEMY PHASE

"Forget Dettard! Lock them out! Don't let them get in!"

Sidney can hear more mechanical sounds!

Baleros struggles within his chains!

"Brother, please don't break your chains... they're to keep you safe along with the rest of us..."

Soldier #5 moves to 11,20!

Soldier #6 moves to 12,18!

Soldier #7 moves to 10,19!

Archer #1 moves to 7,11!

Archer #2 moves to 7,15!

Archer #2 attacks Angus with his Steel Bow!
10 Atk, 82% Hit, 7% Crit
(44 13)
Angus takes 10 damage! (24/34 HP remaining)
Angus counters!
12 Atk, 69% Hit, 1% Crit
(74 70)
Angus misses!
Angus charges!
(77 50)
Angus misses!
Archer #2 attacks!
(62 49)
Angus takes 10 damage! (14/34 HP remaining)

Angus gains 5 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Mage #1 moves to 9,18!

Mage #2 moves to 14,17!

Soldier C retreats to 10,18!

Priest #1 moves to 10,17!

Priest #1 heals Soldier C for 15 HP!

Thief #1 moves to 8,4!

Thief #2 spawns!

Reinforcements arrive!

CHAPTER 4 TURN 5

c412a6b5b527e0f1bb72266da21e0660.png

With the entrance cleared, Doug made his move and flew inside. Surprisingly, his pegasus had no problem flying indoors, thanks to the stylistic choice of having giant halls. He takes an opportunity to attack a soldier in the way. He didn't stick around to finish the fight; Doug continued his flight through the castle.

Doug to (11,19), attack Soldier #7 with Iron Lance, Canto to (12,18)

Niko moves to 13,19!

Niko attacks Soldier #6 with Fire!
15 Atk, 100% Hit, 6% Crit
(36 35)
Niko deals 15 damage! (11/25 HP remaining)
Soldier #6 counters!
11 Atk, 63% Hit, 1% Crit
(20 28)
Niko takes 11 damage! (6/33 HP remaining)
(89 97)
Niko finishes!

Niko gains 13 XP!
Niko gains 3 Tomes WEXP!

"..."

Andromeda moves to 12,21!

Andromeda attacks Soldier #5 with her Steel Bow!
11 Atk, 87% Hit, 8% Crit
(14 13)
Andromeda deals 11 damage! (16/27 HP remaining)
(71 63)
Andromeda deals 11 damage! (5/27 HP remaining)

Andromeda gains 11 XP!
Andromeda gains 2 Bow WEXP!

"Command my lance as you wish! I shall hold this position!"

Zadkiel moves to 10,22!

Doug moves to 11,19!

Doug attacks Soldier #7 with his Iron Lance!
10 Atk, 74% Hit, 6% Crit
(44 67)
Doug deals 10 damage! (17/27 HP remaining)
Soldier #7 counters!
10 Atk, 68% Hit, 4% Crit
(63 17)
Doug takes 10 damage! (12/22 HP remaining)

Doug gains 12 XP!
Doug gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Doug cantos to 12,18!

With Dettard dealt with the the gates upon them, the mechanical noises didn't deter Cass! With Niko magnificently taking care of an obstacle in their path, Cass rushed over his corpse and scanned quickly for a new target. "We have come to kill the traitors and deserters to the crown! Flee now, or meet your fate at the end of my axe!" The grand standing was incredibly enjoyable, even if she'd been doing it the entire time, to no avail. They must all have already accepted their fate~ Well, either way works for me! With a soldier in her sights, she wound up and tossed her axe like how Angus had shown her.

Cassandra to (11,20), attack Soldier #7 with Hand Axe, after Owen guts soldier #5

Edited by Snake Mom

[At least we're both disappointed.] The skirmish didn't go as Angus hoped, but that wasn't too important... so long as they got to Baleros. Before the squire has too much time to think, Sidney rushes by; evidently, off to do the job properly this time. Angus begins to speak, to let her know he was moving ahead, but a very bloody cough interrupts him. "S--horrrrckh!" One more attempt finds success. "Hit, passing through. 'moka-heh-heh. Keep to it."

Angus continues his near-suicidal charge, only now having recognized his injuries. He all but ignores the archer he crashes down on, preferring to hail the... big. Very big. Are-we-sure-this-isn't-a-bear-big, Baleros. Angus' apprehension quickly fades as he approaches the end of the corridor [And what have we here~?] Angus had spent too much time knee-deep in horse shit to not recognize a handler all but instantly. Luckily, an animal really doesn't get much more than eye contact, tone, and very specific words; one could address an animal and a handler at once this way, and so gambled Angus.

"Heyyyy, there, friends! Do-hurrhurr. Don't mind this guy, he was making some bad decisions~! Turns out fightin' for a beaten man's pretty silly, innit~? Do you know the name Dettard, fellas? Dettard? The real Prince stuffed 'im~! So how 'bout we stay calm, ah, bud~? Who likes living? You like living, don'tcha, big guy~?"

The squire quietly prays that his cooing is received appropriately by both parties. He had done this before, but this wasn't exactly an uppity peer with a nasty dog. [if I'm not dead or knighted by the end of this, I'll be a horse's ass.]

Angus to (6,11), attack Archer #1 with Iron Axe

Edited by Terrador

Sidney moves to 7,14!

Sidney attacks Archer #2 with Zodiac Claw!
8 Atk, 100% Hit, 17% Crit
(33 74)
Sidney deals 8 damage! (12/20 HP remaining)
(44 8)
Dead.

Sidney gains 34 XP!
Sidney gains 3 WEXP!

Edited by Shin

"He-- It's not important, not right now." Owen passed a comment at Cass' early inquiry, and shook his head. It was only a suspicion, there'd be a better time to tell it than amidst a skirmish. Keeping a haste in his pace, Owen stopped at the base of the stairs and attacked the nearest soldier. Are they still resisting? No matter what, I can't let them take Dettard back.

Owen moves to (11, 21), attacks Soldier #5 with his iron sword.

Owen moves to 11,21!

Owen attacks Soldier #5 with his Iron Sword!
(45 9 53)
Dead.

Owen gains 33 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 6!
(68 35 9 62 41 50 8 76)
Strength up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Luck up!
Defense up!

Cass moves to 11,20!

Cass attacks Soldier #7 with her Hand Axe!
14 Atk, 95% Hit, 8% Crit
(54 90)
Cass deals 14 damage! (3/27 HP remaining)
Soldier #7 counters!
8 Atk, 37% Hit, 2% Crit
(71 36)
Soldier #7 misses!

Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus moves to 6,11!

"What a mooncalf."

Angus attacks Archer #1 with his Iron Axe!
12 Atk, 81% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge possible
(37 13)
Angus deals 12 damage! (8/20 HP remaining)
Angus charges!
(75 43)
Dead!

Angus gains 27 XP!
Angus gains 3 Axe WEXP!

Jean moves to 7,18!

Claire moves to 7,17!

Well, seemed it was time to clean up the remainder of this riff-raff. Seeing a man nearby that had left staggered by an axe Cassandra had thrown, Adeltrudis moved in to finish him off.

Adele to (11,19), attack Soldier #7 with Bronze Axe

Lionel was impressed by the loyalty of the Dettard soldiers, "Loyal or blackmail isn't really important right now... Your duty is to make sure your lord survives" The thought raced through his mind as he quickly struck at a nearby soldier.

Lionel moves to (11,18), attacking Soldier C with his Steel Lance