Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Lionel sees the beast of a man, and quakes a little in place, "Focus... You are a vassal of Lord Owen!" He knew he had to keep his distance, Angus seemed to have the man interested currently.

He moves into the more strategic position of (10,13).

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Doug grabbed one of the stirrups of Oldtimer's saddle, he got a good look at Baleros. While others went to meet the monster in battle, Doug dreaded the foe's approach. So did his steed, who saw the door finally reopen. On instinct, the pegasus charged outside. Unfortunately, Doug had no choice but to hang on as his broken body was dragged through blood, poop, and sharp implements.

"No! Stop! Ouch! My back!"

As the rider was dragged outside, he caught sight of bodies. Apparently, the battle continued outdoors...it didn't seem to go well for either side. He caught sight of Jeeves, though he was among the fallen. Doug let go of his steed in order to make a detour towards the butler. He crawled the rest of the way in the hopes that the butler was still alive and able to grant healing auras to his spine.

"Tell me you're just playing dead," Doug asked Jeeves. Judging from the surrounding bodies, he wasn't expecting an answer.

Seeing that no-one was enclosing in on their position, Jean waited momentarily. While two were combating a single enemy mounted unit, they would be able to handle themselves and so Jean once again made his way up the corridor.

Jean moves to 7, 18.

Niko moves to 10,12!

Adele moves to 14,14!

Cass moves to 14,15!

Lionel moves to 10,13!

Jean moves to 7,18!

MAP CORRECTION

81c68cac6d4a40aeb1e6ffd26b2de549.png

As Doug approached the body of the elderly butler, it became clear that he was at least somewhat alive... although how permanent a state that would be was another story. "Master Douglas... I feel these may be my last breaths... tell me." he groaned, gasping for air. "Lady Adeltrudis, Master Jean, are they unharmed?... I guarded Master Graham as best I could... I have no family of my own... their wellbeing is all that matters to me..."

Graham and Gerrard stay put!

ENEMY PHASE
Baleros roars in frustration!
Baleros notices Claire near his keeper!
Baleros moves to 8,8!
Thief #1 moves to 4,10!
"I'm out of here, boss won't be happy but it can't be helped."
Garath cheeses it to 11,3!
Cavalier F attacks Gerrard with his Steel Lance!
13 Atk, 60% Hit, 0% Crit
(39 46)
Gerrard takes 13 damage! (2/28 HP remaining)
Gerrard counters!
6 Atk, 68% Hit, 8% Crit, 12% Luna
(34 17 36)
Gerrard kills Cavalier F!

Gerrard gains 33 XP!
Gerrard gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Gerrard grows to level 6!
(71 47 16 30 83 96 94 36)
Strength up!
Skill up!
CHAPTER 4 TURN 10

fc426f97d2b6cedcb95cc3d0c13042f0.png

SPREADSHEET

Edited by Shin

[He's approaching, as expected. Good. Just have to bait him around a bit more, and... his back is turned. His back should not be turned. And Claire should not be here.] Angus fumbles in his bag for the music box before hurling his axe into Baleros' back, hollering at the top of his lungs.

"OEI, DOG FOOD! THIS WAY! I'M THE ONE WHO'S KILLING YOU, REMEMBER?!"

Angus spurs his steed along, back towards the main group. Hopefully, they all had the good sense to stay well clear; this beast was too mighty for infantry to handle.

Angus attacks Baleros with Hand Axe, Cantos 5 tiles east to (13,6)

Edited by Terrador

Angus attacks Baleros with his Hand Axe!
13 Atk, 86% Hit. 0% Crit, Charge not possble
(23 93)
Angus deals 13 damage! (46 HP remaining)

Angus gains 20 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 13,6!

This is getting outta hand. Alright, I left everyone with an escape route, so my job here's done... so I'm done too!

Sidney to (11, 27) and leaves! (But not that far).

As Doug approached the body of the elderly butler, it became clear that he was at least somewhat alive... although how permanent a state that would be was another story. "Master Douglas... I feel these may be my last breaths... tell me." he groaned, gasping for air. "Lady Adeltrudis, Master Jean, are they unharmed?... I guarded Master Graham as best I could... I have no family of my own... their wellbeing is all that matters to me..."

"Yeah, they're fine," Doug replied, though he didn't mention that they were facing off against a monster of a man. Since Baleros wasn't outside, he assumed most everyone was alive. Jeeves was clearly packing his bags for the big castle in the sky. The rider wasn't sure how to handle such a situation.

"So...do you need me to tell them anything?"

And there he was again, Angus riding back into view, Cass bristling with anger. "YOU!" She ran after Adele as her friend moved up, almost tempted to take her axe back and toss it across the room at him, if not for the sight of the giant still roaming the halls. "Angus you grade A IDIOT! What are you doing!? We have Dettard, ignore the manbeast and flee like any sane person would! Gods!" Cass was not playing around with his decisions right now, wondering what sort of moron it took to get anywhere near that thing, especially with their mission accomplished. "Do your retainers act like this, Adele? Because I've half a mind to tear my hair out at the moment!"

Cass to 14,10, berate Angus

Edited by Melissa

At the mention of Adele's retainers, Niko looked over at Cass, wondering if she even noticed him standing right there. He sighed and shook his head before glancing back in the direction of the door. It seemed like Doug was alive enough to make it outside with the help of Oldtimer. Hopefully he was doing alright out there.

Angus very nearly got whiplash turning to see his comrades there--and his princess, no less! He looks back to Baleros, then back to Cassandra. Back to Baleros, then back to Cassandra. The poor man can hardly form a response; first Claire, now this?!

"Are you--D'you--d'you know I'm fightin' a man bigger'n most bears over here?! He made paper out of 'is brother in one blow! Get out! Go on! Fuck off! All of you! Healer's dead; I've got it handled!!"

Edited by Terrador

"Wha... D-Did you...! I... H-How... How dare you...!!" Cass was unable to formulate a proper response, double taking between Angus and Adele, before looking left and jumping a bit at the appearance of Niko! She hadn't even noticed the man until now, too focused on Angus and his jester's dance with the manbeast. But now that she had, he looked far too beat up to ignore, Angus' shouting having shocked her out of her rage for a moment (by sending her full circle, but either way). "I... I think, I may need a moment, I... I do not think Angus understands the trouble he is in, right now. The giant should be the least of his worries." She had a smile on her face, but the scowl she was aiming at the floor would've killed Niko in his state had she looked directly at him. Either way, she started mending the man's wounds, her knuckles white around her staff as her hand shook in continued rage.

Heal Niko o3o7!

Edited by Melissa

"Cass? What's wrong?" Owen kept his hastened pace as the monstrous roars and stomps grew weaker and farther, though a wall still blocked most of his vision to this beast of a man, unfortunately. Cassandra seemed to be speaking to Angus --at least, that'd been the name she shouted--, so it was safe to assume the other group would have the situation under control. "Adele, how does it look from there? Should we engage?"

Owen to (13,12).

Claire moves to 7,14!

Sidney cheeses it!

Niko moves to 13,10!

Adele moves to 14,9!

Cass moves to 14,10!

Cass berates Angus!

Cass and Angus gain a C support!

Cass casts Heal on Niko! (16/33 HP)

Cass gains 15 XP!

Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

"His eyes... they're haunting."

Andromeda moves to 13,11!

Owen moves to 13,12!

Jeeves laughed, his old face curling into a gentle smile. "Nothing of note, Master Douglas. However, I do hope Lady Adeltrudis hasn't torn any of her dresses, I can't say I have my needle and thread with me..." Jeeves' eyes began to close, his breathing slowly growing weaker. The butler had been given his time, and he'd used it as he'd seen fit.

The other chumps stay outside!

ENEMY PHASE!

Baleros roars!

Baleros reaches out for Angus!

Baleros moves to 13,8!

The stench of death fills the air around the party!

Thief #1 moves to 6,14!

"Nothin' personal, I just don't want that giant to kill me."

Thief #1 steals Claire's Vulnerary!

"Good luck, Mooncalf, yer gonna need it."

Garath cheeses it!

Chapter 4 Turn 11

bcc58b3f835c423376dcf84102286611.png

Angus growls, not even noticing the fetid scent of his foe. His charges were too damn close. The squire understood that his allies were planning to mob him... but should they fail, it couldn't be a royal dying for it. Not while he drew breath. Angus speaks with a vicious bite, snarling directly into Baleros' disgusting maw.

"That's right, here's your chance. Eyes on me."

Angus to (12,9), attack Baleros with Hand Axe, Canto to (13,9)

Edited by Terrador

Angus moves to 12,9!

Angus attacks Baleros with his Hand Axe!
13 Atk, 98% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(24 22)
Angus deals 13 damage! (31 HP remaining)

Angus gains 20 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus grows to level 7!
(93 65 58 33 82 26 40 80
Skil up!
Luck up!

Angus cantos to 13,9!

A musical chime sounds from Angus' satchel!

Baleros stares back at Angus!

Baleros cries out!

Adeltrudis had been about to answer Owen when the behemoth of a man charged towards Angus again, bringing him right up to the lot of them, the stench of death and decay emanating from the giant. As Angus engaged him, moving forwards this time... ah, the beast was too close to them at this point to continue trying to lead him around, it would seem.

"Looks like it, Owen." Adele replied, trying to keep her voice steady, as she hurled her axe at the beast, trying to wound it a bit more. Engaging up close at this point was suicide...

Adele attacks Baleros with Hand Axe

Adele attacks Baleros with her Hand Axe!
12 Atk, 93% Hit, 18% Crit
(5 52)
Adele deals 12 damage! (19/70 HP remaining)

Adele gains 20 XP!
Adele gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Adele grows to level 7!
(73 94 75 21 18 31 9 69)
HP up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Defense up!

Edited by Shin