Game of Thrones thread! Favourite major and minor characters?

Blue Druid

I'm sorry, I'm being incredibly vague today. GoT is all about families, some more cruel than others of course, competing for the title of ruler. All the houses have their faults and whatnot but as of the most current season there is no clear hero and villain setup. Every Fire Emblem game typically has a very clear hero and villain setup. Which isn't bad. That doesn't make for a bad story or anything, as long as such a setup is written well you can be as obvious as you please with villain and hero characters.

Ohhh, now I know what you mean. I agree, there really isn't a main protagonist and antagonist, but then again neither does Fire Emblem if you think about it because Fire Emblem is an anthology type series. Not to say that each game doesn't have a clear protagonist (because they do), but there isn't any protagonist of Fire Emblem as a whole.

The good thing I can think of for Game of Thrones not having a major protagonist, is that it gives more time to develop more characters and stories at the same time, and providing you with a much bigger variety of developed characters to choose from as your favourite.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramsay Snow... gotta love that guy.

:lol:

My favourites: Sansa, Jon, Oberyn, Margaery, Sandor, Varys, Davos, Daario, Ygritte, Khal Drogo, Jorah, and Dany, I guess. I don't always agree with what Daenerys does, but I always find myself rooting for her.

So I went to Comic-Con yesterday, and I met the actor who played Syrio Forel, and he was surprisingly... short (he was a really nice guy though). He was like a head shorter than me. I asked him: "So what happened to Syrio? Did they just film the scene with Meryn Trant and afterwards it was a "we'll call you" situation?", and he said: "Pretty much, but Syrio will probably come back.", and I asked "But when? Season 6?" and he said:"Probably not, but we'll see." Syrio Forel will probably not be coming back anytime soon... (but then again, he might have been contractually obligated not to reveal anything)

Edited by Blue Druid

Yessssss

this show <3

My favourite characters are Dany, and Sansa (and Jon is cool too)

is this show any good?

Yes, for sure. Well, some people don't like the sex, but if you can get past that/don't mind...

Also, I just bought the first book a while ago for English class. As soon as I finish Umineko...

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can post my top five characters here. I hope I'm safe from George here. Well a few are dead so..

5.Eddard Stark;

4.Brienne of Tharth;

3.Rodd Stark;

2.Tyrion Lannister;

1.Sandor Clegane AKA the Hound!

Honorable mentions go to Aria Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Nymeria, Melisandre, Catelyn Stark, Khal Drogo, Viserys Targaryen, Jamie Lannister, Bran Stark and Jon Snow. It's done I hope no one dies.

Edited by Yari Bryant

George is omniscient. You cannot escape.

Sandor Clegane AKA the Hound!

Alas, poor Sandor! I feel sympathy for him as well. That scene, where he explains to Arya especially stuck with me. Let's hope that Cleganebowl is true and Sandor emerges victorious!

The Asylum is a movie studio known for making cheesy knockoffs (also known as "mockbusters" or "knockbusters") of popular Hollywood films: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum

Wow, seems like a waste of time to make knock offs.

Edited by Blue Druid

• 2 weeks later...

At season 3 now

My favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion, and Robb Stark.

All I want rn is for that piece of shit Joffrey to meet his maker

ENJOY SEASON 4, BUCKO!

tumblr_m4eb704sGG1qb684yo3_250.gif

Season 6 looks uhhh...odd.

[spoiler=FOR THE LEAKS ARE DARK AND FULL OF SPOILAS]

Well sorta. Looks like theres going to be a lot of backtracking. The reason for this is clear. Originally, the show wasnt sure to go on for more than 7 seasons. So they crammed a bunch of shit into season 5 and called it the A Feast For Crows/A Dance With Dragons era. This meant plots got cut, chopped up and diced into something funky smelling (DORNE), and characters got put in weird spots (SANSA). And they rushed in some junk we werent supposed to see yet (Hardhome, Stannis late season 5, etc). Oopsie. Well it looks like the show is getting more than 7 seasons. At least 8 are hinted at being confirmed. So Season 6's episode lineup has a lot of titles that will look familiar to book readers.

Stuff we are going to see in Season 6:

Greyjoys. First episode looks to be called Kingsmoot. (woooop wooooop)

Jaime possibly winding up in the Riverlands (and maybe a Blackfish revisit)

Bran revisit. (Bloodraven dude got a recast to Max Von Sydow. Cue me fangirling and flailing and i cant even.)

Arya while blind.

Sam going to Old Town with a possible layover in Braavos.

Flashback Sequences. (theres a mysterious location that people feel may be the Tower of Joy!!)

Tyrion taking on Barristan's role from the books and trying to figure out Meereen.

Sansa doing...uhhh well...i have no idea how they intend to fix this heaping mess. >:U that plot makes me so mad...

Sand Snakery? I think its too late to have Arianne happen so...i dunno.

Basically a bunch of shit that SHOULD have happened last season and follow ups on what mess they made. The Biggies are what Dany is doing and going to do, and what becomes of Jon Snow. As for the latter, hold on to your spoila hats.

tumblr_nqgq2fV1bx1rgge38o1_400.gif

[spoiler=Spoilerception!!! Jon Snow Leaks]

Kit Harington has cleared the air (and to get press off his fucking back omg) that hes in for the long term still. And theres evidence.

Looks like Jon Snow may not be deader than dead after all. (only Mostly Dead) And perhaps some really cool shit is gonna go down in how he comes back. Oh yeah!

So Season 6 might actually be kinda awesome. After the stinker that was season 5, i hope so. The backtracking just smacks of "ohhh now we actually have time to tell this story, hurrr hurrr"

He may be still alive in the start of the books (as I've read a chapter with him on Martin's site), but who's to say he survives the confront with Ramsay and his lackey? It is stated that they are coming for him, and that Stannis is getting ready for battle.

My favorite characters? To everyone's surprise, Tyrion and Jon. Ok, and Arya, who is probably my favorite character. I also like Jaime and Brienne.

Am I the only one who cheers for Littlefinger?

At season 3 now

My favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion, and Robb Stark.

All I want rn is for that piece of shit Joffrey to meet his maker

Yeah, Seaon 3 is good, but Season 4 is where the shit hits the fan!

ENJOY SEASON 4, BUCKO!

tumblr_m4eb704sGG1qb684yo3_250.gif

Season 6 looks uhhh...odd.

[spoiler=FOR THE LEAKS ARE DARK AND FULL OF SPOILAS]

Well sorta. Looks like theres going to be a lot of backtracking. The reason for this is clear. Originally, the show wasnt sure to go on for more than 7 seasons. So they crammed a bunch of shit into season 5 and called it the A Feast For Crows/A Dance With Dragons era. This meant plots got cut, chopped up and diced into something funky smelling (DORNE), and characters got put in weird spots (SANSA). And they rushed in some junk we werent supposed to see yet (Hardhome, Stannis late season 5, etc). Oopsie. Well it looks like the show is getting more than 7 seasons. At least 8 are hinted at being confirmed. So Season 6's episode lineup has a lot of titles that will look familiar to book readers.

Stuff we are going to see in Season 6:

Greyjoys. First episode looks to be called Kingsmoot. (woooop wooooop)

Jaime possibly winding up in the Riverlands (and maybe a Blackfish revisit)

Bran revisit. (Bloodraven dude got a recast to Max Von Sydow. Cue me fangirling and flailing and i cant even.)

Arya while blind.

Sam going to Old Town with a possible layover in Braavos.

Flashback Sequences. (theres a mysterious location that people feel may be the Tower of Joy!!)

Tyrion taking on Barristan's role from the books and trying to figure out Meereen.

Sansa doing...uhhh well...i have no idea how they intend to fix this heaping mess. >:U that plot makes me so mad...

Sand Snakery? I think its too late to have Arianne happen so...i dunno.

Basically a bunch of shit that SHOULD have happened last season and follow ups on what mess they made. The Biggies are what Dany is doing and going to do, and what becomes of Jon Snow. As for the latter, hold on to your spoila hats.

tumblr_nqgq2fV1bx1rgge38o1_400.gif

[spoiler=Spoilerception!!! Jon Snow Leaks]

Kit Harington has cleared the air (and to get press off his fucking back omg) that hes in for the long term still. And theres evidence.

Looks like Jon Snow may not be deader than dead after all. (only Mostly Dead) And perhaps some really cool shit is gonna go down in how he comes back. Oh yeah!

So Season 6 might actually be kinda awesome. After the stinker that was season 5, i hope so. The backtracking just smacks of "ohhh now we actually have time to tell this story, hurrr hurrr"

Season 6 sounds good. I was pretty mad when I heard about what actually happens in the books too. Sansa never even meets a Bolton!

To be honest, on team Varys...

Team Aegon seems boring. The boy can develop into a cool character, but so far Griff isn't much. Both came literally from nowhere, and it is questionable whether Aegon really is the real deal.

Edited by Rapier

To be honest, on team Varys...

Team Aegon seems boring. The boy can develop into a cool character, but so far Griff isn't much. Both came literally from nowhere, and it is questionable whether Aegon really is the real deal.

Eeeheheheheh....

[spoiler=Well about that...]

It really doesnt matter if Aegon is real or not. Thats not the point. The point is, Varys is handpicking who he wants on the throne. Someone he had groomed particularly for kingship. Its all about smoke and mirrors and manipulation. Any mook with the right name can be ruler. This was proven with Cersei passing her bastards off as Robert's. So by giving a kid the name Targaryen, Varys can place what he feels is best for the realm on the throne. Basically, Varys wishes to rule (in a way) through this kid.

It would be hilarious if the kid was genuine because you damn well he's gonna die. Im almost positive its Dany whos gonna be the one to ice him.