Bestest (In your opinion) Support Convos

Jedi

Yes I know Bestest isn't a word. Shut up.

Now we had bad support convos, how about ones that you find really good?

in FE6 alone I can name a fair number, like all of Noah's supports especially his with Fir and Karel.

Douglas and Geese, Karel and Bartre, Rutger and Dayan, Sue and Wolt, Roy and Cecilia, Percival and Dorothy, Igrene and Ashtol are among my favorites.

FE7 has Lyn/Rath, Matthew and heck anyone he supports with, Nino/Jaffar, Erk and Louise, Oswin and Serra. Wil and Raven still makes me laugh to this day, Eliwoods supports with Fiora are cute.

FE8 of course has stuff like L'arachel and Ephraim which I absolutely adore.

FE9 has the goldmine of Rhys and Kieran, the good like Ike and Lethe, I also find Zihark and Ilyana one of the few supports that gives her more character, and Radiant Dawn even seems to suggest in a transfer where they have an A that affection has sprung up. Path of Radiance just has so many good supports.

FE13, I actually quite like MAvatar x Say'ri, I think Miriel x Libra is nice, Sully x Chrom is excellent. Etc

Edited by Jedi

Ike x Elincia in PoR is super cute. I've also read the Japanese version, but it's way more boring. NoA did a much better job with it and changed it to where Ike and Elincia don't feel like emotionless robots.

Rhys/Kieran in the same game is hilarious, and Kieran x Marcia is adorable too. In fact, I also love Kieran/Oscar. Anything Kieran is just funny and entertaining. XD

Oscar/Janaff is some wtf humor lol.

Tauroneo/Rolf is touching and I enjoyed the backstory we got for Tauroneo.

Jill/Lethe is simply amazing.

Sain x Fiora is adorable.

I like nearly all of Frederick's supports because Frederick. :P

Stahl x Cordelia is really cute and Cordelia even says that Stahl replaces Chrom in her heart!

Lon'qu x Cherche because dat backstory and Cherche healing Lonny of his issues.

Oh yeah, forgot Gaius x Maribelle. More awesome backstory! And no mention of sweets. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Bartre x Canas, Sain x Fiora, Rath x Lyn, Hector x Florina, Virion x Olivia, Joshua x Marisa, almost every conversation involving Saizou, Inigo x Severa, Gatrie x Astrid, Harold x Effie, Xander x Sakura, Ryouma x Elise

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head, but I;'ll list more if I think of them

Edited by Duck

Ike/Soren is so bomb, im gonna die. I also like Ike/Ranulf.

Jill/Lethe, natch. That shit is awesome! Jill/Mist is also really good.

HELL. YES. LYN/RATH. This, people, is why Lyn/Florina doesnt happen on my runs. Lyn/Rath is OTP caliber shit and unf! Those two just get each other.

Hector/Florina, deal with it.

I love Karla/Bartre. Its my jam. Gimme Eliwood/Ninian pls.

OSWIN/SERRA. This one is actually pretty heartwrenching and i love it.

Ephraim/L'Arachel is the business. I also love Ephraim/Tana. Eirika/Saleth is empowering. I fucking love that shit. All of her other supports are like, dudes all being all "ill protect you, my princess/sister! You can always depend on me and ill shield you from harm!" But Eirika/Saleh is like: Eirika: "I think your religion is hella cool and wow the world is just so...." and Saleh is like "Yes. Let us go see it together and ill teach about this cool stuff." They just...fit better.

Lute/Artur is so cute and hilarious.

Keiran/Marcia. Tanith/Marcia. Marcia in general. FE9 really does have amazing supports.

I do love me some Virion/MU and Virion/Cherche. Lucina/Gerome and Lucina/Laurent really work. I really liked Tharja's supports with Nowi.

FE14: So far, its Marx/Charlotte, Zero/MU, Pieri/Lazward that i love. Oboro and Belka, wowowowowowow

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Ike x Soren. (Probably one of the best supports in the entire series. You get so much character development and it's just amazing)

Azura x Lazwald (I thought this one was adorable)

Xander x Charlotte (Again, adorable)

Xander x Lazwald (I really enjoyed this one)

Volke x Bastian (Hilarious!)

L'Arachel x Ephraim (Hilarious again. But then L'Arachel is a comedy gold mine)

Here I am, the starter of flame wars, so flame shield up

Lyn x Eliwood, their interactions always felt the most natural to me, my favorite character in the series gets to mother my third favorite FE character, and you get to hear Lyn's best line ever of "Teach me how to be a lady". What's not to like?

Hector x Florina

M!Robin x Tiki, It's nice ,deep, and enjoyable to read normally, and that alone makes it great, but if you ever want a laugh, make M!Robin's name Mar-Mar, then reread it.

F!Robin x Chrom, I hear this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't care, this support is flipping hallarious.

Lon'qu x Cherche because backstory

Gaius x Maribelle because backstory

Roy x Sue, for the same reasons as Eliwood x Lyn without the great Lyn line.

Nah x M!Morgan, I honestly don't know why I love this one so much I just do.

Lucina x Yarne see above.

Tiki and Nah is also great, and probably the only one I'll put that isn't a ship of mine.

I have not really read many GBA or PoR supports so these will mainly be FEA and the Fates ones I have read.

Mamui x Zero(Obvious bias I know)

Mamui x Gunter(So sad)

Lon'qu x Tharja/Cherche/Lissa/Maribelle/Panne(For a man who has Gynophobia, he sure has some great and heart wrenching M/F supports, also some funny ones too)

Marx x Charlotte(Charlotte is an actual person behind those boobs of hers)

Rath x Lyn( ship it, hard)

Eliwood x Ninia(Again, I ship it)

Hector x Florina/Farina(I really can't choose, I like them both)

Tana x Cormag(The ship is real)

Ike x Elinicia(Despite the fact I sip Elincia more with Geoffrey and Ike Mia, they have pretty cute supports)

Camilla x Eponine(I know for the most part they are generic, but I don't know, something about Camilla being Eponine's mom really just ugghhh and it made Cmailla seem like a genuine person and a great mom even though all of Epo's moms have the same support with a few alterations)

Stahl x Cordelia(Woot!Finally over Chrom!It reminds me how I ship Kain and Catria)

Gregor x Cherche/Tharja(Them feels)

Gaius x Maribelle(Backstory!)

Virion x Olivia(It just gos so well)

List over.

EDIT:Dammit forgot Robin x Tiki

Edited by Azz

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, though my sig makes it obvious, I ship Ike x Elincia, Kieran x Marcia, and Sain x Fiora really hard myself. :P

It's also nice to see someone else that likes the Ike x Elincia support as well as Geoffrey x Elincia (I like both myself, I just personally don't see Geoffrey and Elincia as a couple, more like sibling figures to each other). I usually see bitter rivalries between fans of these two pairings... Though it doesn't help that one lacks an actual ending. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Lon'qu/Olivia

Henry/F!Robin (I don't know if there's a difference between the genders)

Gaius/Maribelle

Virion/Cherche

Kent/Fiora (I found them pretty funny, for the implications)

Lucius/Serra

Ephraim/Tana

Eirika/Saleh

Eirika/Innes

Lute/Artur

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Kamui x Zero (S-Support, both genders, but they're very similar)

Xander x Charlotte was an adorable support!

Luna x Subaki was cute too, but that's probably just bias for one of my favorite characters.

Tsukuyomi x Nyx is cute, up until the end of the S-Support.

Ignis x Matoi is one of my favorite child supports in Fates. Ignis' charm bit is just so adorable!

Luna x Matoi for being slightly different than Matoi's other mother supports.

Olivia x Inigo

Cordelia x Sumia

Severa x Cynthia is a fun read. I love their competitions!

Lute x Ross was absolutely hilarious, imo.

Edited by Carter

Joshua/Natasha. It had a really nice progression, and is very endearing at the same time.

Bastian/Volke. It has Bastian at his most grandiloquent, but also gives a hint of the mastermind side of him we'll see in Radiant Dawn.

And I'm seeing people bashing Gregor/Cordelia? That's one of the few Cordelia supports that's actually good.

Then there are the characters where practically all their supports are golden, like Treck, Dozla, Kieren, and Gregor.

I like all of Noah's supports, I honestly think they rank among the best of Binding Blade. I also like all of Roy's (although I ship RoyxLilina), I think it all shows him as a good character and I never understand when people say he's boring. But *shrugs* that's just me personally.

Lyn/Rath, Eliwood/Ninian, and Hector/Florina are all excellent, in my opinion. I also like the rest of Rath's supports, and Lyn's supports with Wallace and Wil are good too. Sain/Fiora is great, Sain may be a skirt-chaser but...I dunno, I like that support. Rebecca/Wil, Rebecca/Dart, and Wil/Dart are good, I like how it kinda connects them all and their backstories. I really like Canas/Renault as well. I could keep going about all of 7's supports, 'cause I like so many of them, but I'll stop there...

All of Dozla's supports are great, he's such an awesome character with awesome supports! He's too jolly to dislike. L'Arachel's supports are all very entertaining, too.

I like Brom's supports in Path of Radiance, especially his supports with Boyd and Zihark.

​"Bestest" isn't a word Jedi learn to read :P:

It's been a while since I've read any supports that weren't FE14, so I'm doing this off my head:

Romantic supports (in no particular order)

Lyn/Rath: It's evident that they care for each other, but they show it in a subtle way. Without having to scream out their feelings to one another. Sometimes, it's just the context that matters.

Oboro/Takumi:

Girl has a crush on the guy, but still interacts with him normally and in a meaningful way and doesn't obsess over him in her other supports? Guy is not a clueless nitwit, knows she's liked him for a long time, and not only reciprocates but also shows interest as early as the B support? I've never shipped anything so hard as I ship these two, I don't even like shipping!

Artur/Lute: Just the way Lute reacts after Artur tells her he loves her is pretty hilarious, and kind of endearing.

(Yeah, I really don't care too much about romantic supports.)

Platonic supports

Oboro/Belka

Guy/Rath

Leon/Takumi

Ike/Reyson

Tormod/Reyson

Not elaborating on these because I may or may not be getting slightly tipsy right now.

Edited by Sunwoo

Since I'm rereading FE7 supports...

Every supports with Renault. Seeing how important he is in so many peoples' life is truly fascinating.

The supports between FE7's pegasus sisters are all really good and endearing. (Flarina x Fiora C support is truly amazing.)

FE7!Bartre have some good supports. Bartre x Raven have a great dynamic, and Bartre x Canas have one of the best line in the game ("I'm gonna hit that rock until my head stop hurting." Especially because I always imagine Bartre headnbanging that rock.)

And Lowen is secretely the best character. (he's actually Akito from Martian Successor Nadesico.)

Will x Rath is pretty good.

In, FE8, L'Arachel is pure gold.

Edited by Tamanoir

I don't remember older FE supports (didn't play them as much as FE13 because I can't bring my computer out =( ), but all Maribelle's supports are awesome to me.

Let's just say she has my favourite confessions. Look at that blushing face, just amazingly done.

Jill x Lethe in Path of Radiance

This support chain hits all the right notes. Pairing up the confused Daein Knight and the proud Laguz warrior is a great approach from the get go. The two of them have a wonderful synergy with each other. It also ties directly into emotional main story events and it even provide some nice worldbuilding. And the conclusion, with Lethe swallowing her pride and reaching out to Jill, is very touching and nicely cements how far those two characters have come since we've seen them for the first time. Especially if you actually had them fight in Chapter 11. There is even a special death quote for that, which can really hit you in the gut after knowing what kind of potential their relationship had.