FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

Oh yeah, while im ok to an extent with the elder Nohr siblings, Elise is a total fucking NOPE. The line...it is in the sand. I shalt not S support that. (so she belongs with Benoit on my first run anyway.) Elise would have definitely grown up thinking Kamui is a sibling regardless of situation.

Honestly, even though I have to say I'm "chill" when it comes to this, Elise and Sakura were always off limits for me. Not just because of relation, but the age difference. I know it was back in medieval times and kids were getting married around the ages of 12 or so, but it feels wrong to romance your little sister for me. I don't know, I sound hypocritical don't I?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, even though I have to say I'm "chill" when it comes to this, Elise and Sakura were always off limits for me. Not just because of relation, but the age difference. I know it was back in medieval times and kids were getting married around the ages of 12 or so, but it feels wrong to romance your little sister for me. I don't know, I sound hypocritical don't I?

Depends on if you really did have Kamui marry the little sister, but I agree that it feels wrong cause you think of them as little sister. I still wouldn't go for it even if Elise and Sakura moved out of the jailbait age. It's your little sister. You are supposed to protect them. Comfort them. Break the bones of any guys trying to woo them. Not do them.

IMO, the worst is Kamui marrying Marx/Ryouma. They are supposed to be the role model, something for Kamui to strive to be, to look up to. Whenever Kamui looks at Marx/Ryouma, she should go: "I really admire aniki" instead of "I wanna bone aniki". God, I am being so judgemental right now, but my blood boils whenever I think of how Fates just botched the whole concept of family. I live in Sweden and we are pretty tolerant with incest here. Half-siblings are even allowed to marry each other and I have even met such a couple (married for 7 years with two kids). But incest relationships are not the norm. A loving family is. Not for all, I know, but that is still what we want.

I wouldn't say you sound hypocritical. Those two are *children*. Honestly, everyone always complains about them being marriageable but not many people are going to do it anyway. I really just think they might be included for younger players.

I wouldn't say you sound hypocritical. Those two are *children*. Honestly, everyone always complains about them being marriageable but not many people are going to do it anyway. I really just think they might be included for younger players.

Them being included for younger players is an interesting take on the matter that I've never thought of before, but then it is still kinda shaky imo. Just because of how much they look up to you as an elder sibling in the story and nothing more.

Depends on if you really did have Kamui marry the little sister, but I agree that it feels wrong cause you think of them as little sister. I still wouldn't go for it even if Elise and Sakura moved out of the jailbait age. It's your little sister. You are supposed to protect them. Comfort them. Break the bones of any guys trying to woo them. Not do them.

I think this is a point that FEFates did well for me.

When I saw Sakura and Elise, my first reactions were:

Aww, adorable.

Protect.

Granted that doesn't mean I'll set them up with someone, of course in game reasons, but it does mean I'd never think about romancing them. Those two strike a chord with me. The... protect chord? Whatever it's called.

To me they feel like something to protect. Not to marry myself.

Yeah the whole marriage everyone option was really not a good idea for this game.

The little sisters are off the table from the get go. Sister or not simply because of their age.

The entire Hoshido side is a big no for me either. I know they're not related, but at this point I would actually prefer the incest over a cowardly twist in the story just so you can sleep with them. With incest I can just say "yuck" and ignore it completely, but them not even being half siblings is just a constant reminder that "waifu's" and "husbando's" are more important then the theme of the story. The fact that they still go through with the "brother/sister" thing (They do in facerubbing time right?)after marriage just makes it both gross and cowardly, so we now have the worst of two worlds.

Camilla is actually on my no list as well. From what i've read her backstory makes her look emotionally damaged and it would feel a bit wrong if Corrin took advantage of that.

Edited by Sasori

Camilla is actually on my no list as well. From what i've read her backstory makes her look emotionally damaged and it would feel a bit wrong if Corrin took advantage of that.

Ironically, his C-A supports with her have him firmly resisting her advances and it's only until their S support that he does a 180 and says he wants to marry her. It probably has more to do with her being overbearing (and that C-A supports are supposed to neutral to allow other marriages to still make sense) rather than a respect for her emotional state but there you go.

I think this is a point that FEFates did well for me.

When I saw Sakura and Elise, my first reactions were:

Aww, adorable.

Protect.

Granted that doesn't mean I'll set them up with someone, of course in game reasons, but it does mean I'd never think about romancing them. Those two strike a chord with me. The... protect chord? Whatever it's called.

To me they feel like something to protect. Not to marry myself.

Agreed. Even my less-moral MU sees Elise as "That is my wee sister. She wants music? I bring her an entire orchestra. She wants new dresses? I'll bring her the finest dress makers in Nohr until shes happy. Harm a hair on her head, i will fucking end you." The idea of something more err...romantic...is not an option. Instead he just hand picks her suitor. Which is Benoit. :V

Tbh, i think its the other way around. She kinda advances on Kamui's more fragile states. I really wish i could just rewrite her supports with maMU. ;/

Agreed. Even my less-moral MU sees Elise as "That is my wee sister. She wants music? I bring her an entire orchestra. She wants new dresses? I'll bring her the finest dress makers in Nohr until shes happy. Harm a hair on her head, i will fucking end you." The idea of something more err...romantic...is not an option. Instead he just hand picks her suitor. Which is Benoit. :V

Tbh, i think its the other way around. She kinda advances on Kamui's more fragile states. I really wish i could just rewrite her supports with maMU. ;/

The only people I can pair those two up in good will with are

Elise: Odin, Benoit

Sakura: Saizou, and I admit Leon

Because otherwise I just... idk... feel dirty almost?

Saizou with Sakura ended up being a really cute pairing. Their supports I enjoyed a whole lot, and I love the idea of her having this... silent protector.

Sakura and Elise are definitely off-limits. Elise is definitely way too young, while Sakura's ranges anywhere from 14-16 to me (the upper range is more acceptable than the lower range). More importantly, both of them see themselves as your younger sister … and especially Elise who grew up with you. That's basically taking advantage of them.

Now, I know a lot of people apply this only to the younger sister, but this is a big reason why I do NOT want to marry Takumi and Leon either. I know they're older than Sakura and Elise. They're probably anywhere between 16-18 in age range. But they are still your little brothers. Even if they're not as "vulnerable" as your sisters it's still not okay for me. But I'm not sure if "hypocritical" is the right word. I can't tell if it's their relatively older ages or just gender that makes them more "okay" to people or what.

Sakura and Elise are definitely off-limits. Elise is definitely way too young, while Sakura's ranges anywhere from 14-16 to me (the upper range is more acceptable than the lower range). More importantly, both of them see themselves as your younger sister … and especially Elise who grew up with you. That's basically taking advantage of them.

Now, I know a lot of people apply this only to the younger sister, but this is a big reason why I do NOT want to marry Takumi and Leon either. I know they're older than Sakura and Elise. They're probably anywhere between 16-18 in age range. But they are still your little brothers. Even if they're not as "vulnerable" as your sisters it's still not okay for me. But I'm not sure if "hypocritical" is the right word. I can't tell if it's their relatively older ages or just gender that makes them more "okay" to people or what.

Honestly, I don't know. If it weren't for me kind of ignoring Kamui's personality and going for who I personally find appealing (who... ended up being Takumi) I think I'd be mildly creeped out too. If that... makes sense?

In a way. But Takumi is my favorite character, and after activating an S-support with him out of curiosity I just said nope and never looked back because it just felt so wrong. The fact that people still marry them even saying that it creeps them out shows that they weren't as repulsed as I was. And I'm not being judgmental or anything. Just saying that if they're still okay with marrying them then obviously they weren't as repulsed as they may claim to be.

In a way. But Takumi is my favorite character, and after activating an S-support with him out of curiosity I just said nope and never looked back because it just felt so wrong. The fact that people still marry them even saying that it creeps them out shows that they weren't as repulsed as I was. And I'm not being judgmental or anything. Just saying that if they're still okay with marrying them then obviously they weren't as repulsed as they may claim to be.

Yeah, honestly I'm not all extremely grossed out. Still the guy I'm gonna marry, even with the... shady implications. That being said, I hope they don't give us the option in another future game. Even though I marry him, I feel like the entire message of the game was kind of... killed by letting this happen. I'm a mess of hypocritical bs aren't I lmao

There's a difference between wishing that the game didn't give you the option to begin with, saying that since the game gave you the option you're going to take it, and saying you wish it wasn't in the game and you won't do it. If you're going to marry a sibling then just leave it as "I wish the game didn't give me the option, but since it did I'm going to take it". Without the whole "this makes me uncomfortable" spiel. I'm not sure if hypocrisy is the word I'd use, but if anything comes off as hypocritical the "this makes me uncomfortable but I'm doing it anyway" part is probably it.

Edited by Sunwoo

There's a difference between wishing that the game didn't give you the option to begin with, saying that since the game gave you the option you're going to take it, and saying you wish it wasn't in the game and you won't do it. If you're going to marry a sibling then just leave it as "I wish the game didn't give me the option, but since it did I'm going to take it". Without the whole "this makes me uncomfortable" spiel. I'm not sure if hypocrisy is the word I'd use, but if anything comes off as hypocritical the "this makes me uncomfortable but I'm doing it anyway" part is probably it.

Yeah, that's it. Sorry, wording isn't my specialty. "I wish the game didn't give me the option, but since it did I"m going to take it." That's a perfect one.

Yeah Leon and Takumi are no too. Hell, Hoshidan royals are no (because even if Kamui finds out about not being related to Nohr siblings, at least he/she finds out in the plot itself. with the Hoshidans...he/she doesnt until like...what? S support? So... ehhhh~~~) in general.

I think the common reasoning is: "I don't agree that Corrin, the character, should be able to marry her brother. Yet I, the player, find her brother attractive, so I am going to marry Corrin to him because Corrin is the avatar through which I exist in this universe."

It's mostly because of this that I feel Robin is a better avatar, because their age is ambiguous and they have no past or relationship with any playable character. As Robin, you can marry who you want and avoid much of this ambiguous incest or potential pedophilia; as Corrin, your choices are affected by the character's personal relationships.

Edited by gayserbeam

I wonder if the removal of the language barrier after the international version is released will change certain people's minds about wedding their siblings in game. Hearing "What will mother think?" and "I love you sister" might be more of a turn off in your own language that what we hear in Japanese. Then again, I have a big feeling that Treehouse will severely cut down on the sibling relationship vibe after you pass A-rank. The S-supports will probably be rewritten to hammer in how non-familial you felt about your siblings and that you always loved them romantically.

And then they have to explain marriage and children.

Localizing this game sounds like a lot of fun.

I wonder if the removal of the language barrier after the international version is released will change certain people's minds about wedding their siblings in game. Hearing "What will mother think?" and "I love you sister" might be more of a turn off in your own language that what we hear in Japanese. Then again, I have a big feeling that Treehouse will severely cut down on the sibling relationship vibe after you pass A-rank. The S-supports will probably be rewritten to hammer in how non-familial you felt about your siblings and that you always loved them romantically.

And then they have to explain marriage and children.

Localizing this game sounds like a lot of fun.

What I wanna know is are they going to be "life companions" or "husband/wife?"

That is... an interesting question.

Kids and Marriage are, in some people's eyes, one of the most important things in Fire Emblem. Elise and Sakura are two of the most popular characters. If they didn't let you marry them, people would be pissed.

If they really did just label it as "Companion", make you give up the kids, and have your Hoshido siblings still be related to you? I would be so, so happy.

I'm hoping the localization team says "Um, they're your family." but it's most likely going to stay Husband and wife.

I think the common reasoning is: "I don't agree that Corrin, the character, should be able to marry her brother. Yet I, the player, find her brother attractive, so I am going to marry Corrin to him because Corrin is the avatar through which I exist in this universe."

And that's fine, I don't have a problem with what other people do in their own games. But if you're going to marry them because Kamui is the player's avatar anyway, clearly it doesn't make you uncomfortable enough so there's no point in someone like that saying sibling marriage makes them uncomfortable if they're going to do it anyway, and it comes off as silly.

People who are uncomfortable with sibling marriage are the ones who ultimately won't do it, whether they were against it from the start or actually seeing that S-support turned them off so much.

And that's fine, I don't have a problem with what other people do in their own games. But if you're going to marry them because Kamui is the player's avatar anyway, clearly it doesn't make you uncomfortable enough so there's no point in someone like that saying sibling marriage makes them uncomfortable if they're going to do it anyway, and it comes off as silly.

People who are uncomfortable with sibling marriage are the ones who ultimately won't do it, whether they were against it from the start or actually seeing that S-support turned them off so much.

I wholly agree on this. The only sibling relationship I am less repulsed of is Kamui/Camilla (not going to do it anyway though) because it's emphasized from the start that she really wants to bone Kamui and their whole support chain is loaded with tension. The others are much more neutral and emphasize on what the relationship should be, only to transition into that weird S-support. Kamui/Ryouma is about Kamui wanting to find out more about family and regretting that they were never there, then suddenly "actually, I always saw you as a woman" and that is a total turnoff.

I am sure I am coming off as a guy who is totally disrespectful towards people who actually wants the sibling relationships. I have no intention to make this a witch hunt and you are free to have your own likes. But I cannot say I have favorable opinion towards those that goes through with this sibling S-support. Aside from principles, it sends messages to IS that it was a good move on their part. Fans have been clamoring for gay options and lo and behold, we got them. Fans will be clamoring for the imouto as a waifu and we will get that as well.

Regardless of whatever they'd label, the existence of the children alone already indicates a sexual relationship.

That is... an interesting question.

Kids and Marriage are, in some people's eyes, one of the most important things in Fire Emblem. Elise and Sakura are two of the most popular characters. If they didn't let you marry them, people would be pissed.

If they really did just label it as "Companion", make you give up the kids, and have your Hoshido siblings still be related to you? I would be so, so happy.

I'm hoping the localization team says "Um, they're your family." but it's most likely going to stay Husband and wife.

There's no tag on the status screen that says "husband" or "wife" or "father" anymore, so the label itself isn't really a concern.

Still, since they produce kids it's hard to hide that they are in a sexual relationship. Even for the Second Gen, it will be impossible to write around cousin marriage because of the sheer amount of it.

Because of siblings, this game actually produces the most possible cousin incest in a Fire Emblem game. Look at all these banging cousins (I excluded any spoilers, this is just tagged because there are 167 possible cousin marriages):

Shinonome × Sakura!Midoriko

Shinonome × Sakura!Sophie

Shinonome × Sakura!Matoi

Shinonome × Sakura!Mitama

Shinonome × Sakura!Syalla

Shinonome × Sakura!Kinu

Shinonome × Sakura!Kanna

Shinonome × Hinoka!Midoriko

Shinonome × Hinoka!Sophie

Shinonome × Hinoka!Matoi

Shinonome × Hinoka!Mitama

Shinonome × Hinoka!Syalla