FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'm gonna not be stupid and ##unvote ##vote:cosmicdude

i'm paranoid about shino's claim bcuz that's 3 town investigation roles against one ninja but i guess we'll figure more out d3

tbh in b4 kawaii was actually scum this entire time lol. those last two posts are giving me the vibes. like "i am scum coasting bc everyone thinks I am town lol"

sorry my play is shitty I had a breakdown and I don't feel like mafia and I might not be able to make actual content in time for deadline but I'll be here for consolidation and reading

If DK is scum we don't need to really worry anyway

As I said town cosmic implies there's a scum redirector among kirsche/DK/Izhuark... and I guess you can throw dan into that if you want since his N1 action isn't confirmed.

If cosmic is scum then this is a good thing anyway

Izhuark's new post is interesting, and while I don't necessarily agree with all his reads I can at least see his perspective a little more clearly. I do have one question, though: where did Marth scum-read Terrador in the early game?

My bad, it was is second post taht i read wrong. But my point was mainly that i found the fact that marth didn't had any definitive side on terrador during the whole D1 while he was the lynch target weird.

I am actually curious.

Why is my hammer bad? Go back and read the previous day phase near the end of it. Multiple times in the day people were about to hammer, in fact when I hammered someone else had just stated they were probably about to hammer.

I'd still like to know in general how it was bad. Day was winding down to a null standstill and the only person who apparently really had things to say was Boron, who I didn't know was on or was going to be on. I feel like you are just fishing for reasons to vote me. I don't have much content but I have some. But considering that realistically speaking there hasn't been much happening in this game there isn't a whole lot to talk about in my point of view. That could probably change if I forced myself to ask weird grasping questions but that seems pointless since it's grasping.

Also you do know that Cosmic didn't claim right?

Pretty sure someone had inspected him and brought up the fact that he was a mayor and a roleblocker. Thus your biggest reason as to why he's town is null and void. Like I know I haven't been around, but this is just lazy.

I already explain why i think that hammering someone D1 is bad imo. Several people stating they would maybe hammer is not a reason to justify it therefore i think there was still thing to dig this day and that this as just cut the whole discussion about it and that's why i think hammering at that time was a bad decision. If you think nothing hapenning (that was pretty much proved wrong this whole D2) then ask question, make things happen, I'm pretty much begging for them myself why do you wait me to do a list post to react ?

Cosmic claimed because of the possiility of redirection you can think it's a forced claim but i still think it would be a weird fake claim and it make no sense as a scum claim.

Sorry to try to bring up something, even if my point are bad i was out of the game for way too much time because i was totally lost. This is my read, you may think it's bad but don't say it's lazy because i'm trying to take up for all the delay and it's not easy.

@Gaius: I'd probably lynch Izhuark over Dan because he kinda comes up with scumreads outta nowhere and they don't make sense either. Plus he too has the "Ugh I'm not motivated and can't get great reads" syndrome.

Okay that was just rude, please if you want me to be active don't take me out of the game even more.

Ah and for my read on quote asked by gaius :

Because of all, he call twitter post i have very hard time to read his iso. I guess the whole claim on shinori gaving him the neighbourizer and being role blocked is null because making sense as both scum and town. I guess his behaviour is mainly town because of how he handled terrador case on D1 and his overall activity on Day 2 (espically the post he unvote cosmicdude and ask shinori to explain himself was a short but pertinent reaction imo).

So let me get this straight. Town has Gaius and Shinori as watcher variants and apparently Marth is an investigation role too? Including mine that's 4 of us against a ninja which I'm not quite buying tbh. I guess watcher can kinda be viewed as protection and is pretty weak but still.

I don't see why Vhaltz would give scum!Shinori that as a fakeclaim though. No matter what he'll have to commit himself to giving town stuff and making them better and considering they kinda overlap with things it's hardly a "safe"claim.

Marth are you sure you have a town role pm, might be good for you to go and check it one more time.

Alright I'm here till deadline, looks like Shinori and Cosmic are shaping up to be the wagons. Getting Town!Nori vibes, and without revealing anything my role doesn't clash with Shinori's as much as some of you are assuming.

Would prefer cosmic because there's at least some benefit even if mislynch.

Not much else to say.

All this role stuff honestly makes my head hurt. If Shinori is telling the truth, his role doesn't sound scummy, but it also isn't town enough to completely rule anything out. Plus, if he is scum, then it's probably a fake-claim, and isn't *that* complicated of one to make IMO.

Looking back over his content I'm honestly null on him. I trust the deluge of people who say this is pretty typical behavior for him as town, but I am seeing a bit of exploitation of that now that I look more closely (see post #244 ("no one has any solid reasoning on voting me") and #398 ("there isn't a whole lot to talk about" when he could at least make a list-post or something)). Plus he has tunneled in pretty squarely on me since Boron's watcher claim, offering pretty much no reads on anyone else. Of course, I could be scrambling for stuff a bit, but try to understand there's only a few hours left and I don't want to be mislynched for the sake of narrowing the redirector down to four or five people.

Dan I can't wrap my head around. His role is pretty elaborate for a fake-claim and I don't see his attitude in claiming at that point as particularly scummy (if anything, it points back towards "disgruntled townie"). Gaius, any new thoughts on him?

My position on Dan hasn't really changed since he hasn't argued why he's not scum he's just been frustrated for being acumread. However, nobody wants a lynch here so between you and Shinori, and I just done see Shinori as scum. Quote confirmed he gave the OC shit, and he's playing like his previous town selves to me at least.

My position on Dan hasn't really changed since he hasn't argued why he's not scum he's just been frustrated for being acumread. However, nobody wants a lynch here so between you and Shinori, and I just done see Shinori as scum. Quote confirmed he gave the OC shit, and he's playing like his previous town selves to me at least.

im frustrated at a lot of things in this

how exactly am i supposed to argue that im not scum? i have no form of proof other than the claim i did. my night action FAILED because Refa turned out dead. i have no other case other than i say im town cause thats why my role PM said! what exactly are you looking for from me?

Dandragon: Has some really glaring problems. In #64 he's defending himself from Quote for not voting Kawaii after feeling off about them, yet he goes to vote Kawaii after saying why he didn't in the next paragraph. Really inconsistent. Kawaii posted a total of zero times in between #59 where Dan initially notes his gut feeling and #64 where Quote pressures him, which leads me to believe that his read probably didn't change in such a short time, considering DK didn't post. He's also a likely candidate for a possible bus on Terrador wry the non chalant manner he voted him. Later in #211 his DK read 180's because of a short reads post, and his logic for why a Cosmic is scummy is really shaky and he leaves himself an escape route. If Cosmic was Terra's scum buddy, then he wouldn't care about being unwilling to hammer because it would make himself look better when Terra actually flipped. Also, "i'm already having second thoughts about this but I'm still suspicious" just reeks of ambiguity and wanting to be able to move both ways depending on how the game flows instead of settling on a read. Saying that he targeted Refa means nothing considering Refa was a lightning rod (which is how he got killed I'm assuming cause he wasn't obv town), and Dan needlessly puts out some role stuff that he didn't need to improve. Scum/10

First off, the point in which i didn't vote Kawaii is because i said i wasn't sure, meanwhile Kawaii sounded pretty confident that it was Terra. The reason i didn't vote was because i was looking over to see if there was anyone else who was more scummy to me at the time. I voted on Terrador out of sheer bandwagon-y. If that's a word. My vote with Kawaii was going no where and I was starting to doubt myself. That and i found Terra more scummy at the time. I have no other way to defend myself in #211 because its what i genuinely thought Cosmic was genuinely doing. And what do you mean by escape route? What exactly was i escaping from?

Lastly, i fail to see how ambiguity is scummy. I couldn't settle on a read, and im still having a hard time settling. Thats a personal problem. I have an easy time seeing why someone would do something on both sides, and when I don't it doesn't last long. And "needlessly putting out role stuff?" explain.

Votals again!

Cosmicdude (4): kirsche, Shinori, Disco, Marth (L-2)

Dandragon (3): Gaius, CosmicDude

Shinori (2): Izhuark, Dandragon

Not Voting: Junko, Roxas, Quote

1 hour and 15 minutes left.

Edited by Vhaltz

First off, the point in which i didn't vote Kawaii is because i said i wasn't sure, meanwhile Kawaii sounded pretty confident that it was Terra. The reason i didn't vote was because i was looking over to see if there was anyone else who was more scummy to me at the time. I voted on Terrador out of sheer bandwagon-y. If that's a word. My vote with Kawaii was going no where and I was starting to doubt myself. That and i found Terra more scummy at the time. I have no other way to defend myself in #211 because its what i genuinely thought Cosmic was genuinely doing. And what do you mean by escape route? What exactly was i escaping from?

Lastly, i fail to see how ambiguity is scummy. I couldn't settle on a read, and im still having a hard time settling. Thats a personal problem. I have an easy time seeing why someone would do something on both sides, and when I don't it doesn't last long. And "needlessly putting out role stuff?" explain.

By escape route I mean you leave a way for yourself to backtrack on that read if needed. <- See this for why ambiguity can be scummy. Needlessly putting out role stuff you didn't really need to mention that you targeted Refa, which seemed to me like an attempt to get pressure off your back. I guess I can see where you're coming from wrt #64, it just seems like a really odd progression to me in such a short amount of time. The same thing with your progression from Kawaii to Terrador (although that might just be because you didn't really post between the time so I can't case you on that.)

Thanks for doing this, really more helpful than us both getting mad at each other.