Kozaki's at it again

Elieson

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 cooks in that pic with Pieri in it look quite a bit like Gunther and Arthur... I guess it's not Arthur's lucky day to be in the kitchen.

Just two random chefs? I figured, I just wasn't sure if they were characters I hadn't seen yet. :P

It's comfirmed; the two men with Pieri aren't any characters from the game. After the picture was posted, someone asked if the men in the picture were Benoit and Harold, but Kozaki replied that they are just chefs.

I think his face problem isn't as bad as Toriyama's lol.

Also nice work!

That Frieza's face design was done by. lol

The Oboro art looks nice, but it doesn't look like her, imo.

I adore the Pieri art! She looks so pretty with her hair like that, but it looks a bit thick. I'm not really sure whether I prefer that or her actual in-game hairstyle.

Is why that I show her how she really is...

He is a little same-facey but the outfits and atmosphere he creates are top notch. Based Kozaki... if only you were in charge of making the class outfits.

I would pay for an art book solely made of his sketches of Fates characters in non-battlefield situations.

He is a little same-facey but the outfits and atmosphere he creates are top notch. Based Kozaki... if only you were in charge of making the class outfits.

Wasn't he the one who designed the generic class portraits?

I would pay for an art book solely made of his sketches of Fates characters in non-battlefield situations.

Here here. What characters do in their off time could do a lot to paint an image of their character and the culture they live it.

Wasn't he the one who designed the generic class portraits?

Was he? Generics in Fates are some of the best looking in the series so I'd believe it.

Here here. What characters do in their off time could do a lot to paint an image of their character and the culture they live it.

Isn't it fascinating how we can get an idea of the characters's daily lives, just from one picture?

For example, from Xander and Lawzald's picture, we see that Xander has pet, has a tendency to work until late hours, and that Lawzald is the one who has to get him to rest a little, but Lawzald doesn't seem to mind.

Granted, this is just theory, but like I said isn't it interesting that single picture can help provide so much ideas of the daily life of two characters?

I wish Kozaki would do this to every character...

Edited by Water Mage

Man, seeing these makes me even more salty that we haven't heard anything about the manga that he's working on. Surely we'll see a lot of non-battlefield designs for the characters since they can't just go to bed in full armor (though whether there will actually be any Fates characters remains to be seen). Like, I have no hope or high expectation for the story but I want to see the arts so bad...

Haha, yeah Oboro looks a bit like Lucina in that picture, but I can still distinguish her by her expression, she looks good he hair down, now I can compare her hair while down, with that picture of Takumi with his hair down too. And Piery looks cute, but that poor random cheffs look very scared hehe.

I hope we could have these sketches in an official artbook!

Edited by SniperGYS

- Pieri's on permanent cooking duty in my games.

- I don't know what kind of pet Marx has, but it's cuter than the two guys in the picture. Also, nice collar.

- Oboro looks a lot like Lucina.

Thanks for posting those tweets! It would be cool if he compiled all those sketches into a small booklet or something and sold it with Nintendo's blessings.

These are really nice sketches. Oboro and Pieri look great and I am glad that they are getting the attention they deserve. The sketch with Marx/Marks/Xander and Lazwald is cute and that cat is beautiful. I want that cat.

That Oboro looks like Lucina... :/ What the heck?

She's has one of the most specific and recognizable faces in the cast, and he designed her too... what a slip up.

I'm pretty sure in-game Oboro with her hair down wouldn't look like Lucina's kimono-clad clone.

His fanart is nice and all, but I don't get what's so great about it. He's good but the general consensus here puts him too high, in my opinion. His same face problems, his static bodies, his pale colors... it's not my thing.

She's has one of the most specific and recognizable faces in the cast, and he designed her too... what a slip up.

I'm pretty sure in-game Oboro with her hair down wouldn't look like Lucina's kimono-clad clone.

His fanart is nice and all, but I don't get what's so great about it. He's good but the general consensus here puts him too high, in my opinion. His same face problems, his static bodies, his pale colors... it's not my thing.

Yeah... I noticed that Oboro looks like Lucina in that sketch too. While his art is nice Kozaki seems to have some issues with same face syndrome. The outfits that he draws for the FE14 characters are really nice though I wish they wore them in the game.

Edited by Frelia

I'll agree that sameface is definitely an issue of his.

However, I personally like the paler colors (even though it's only black, white, and grey), and what's wrong with art of some characters just chilling at the end of the day?

As for Oboro, I think part of the problem is the image is a complete side-on, making everything look flat.

Edited by The DanMan

I'll agree that sameface is definitely an issue of his.

However, I personally like the paler colors (even though it's only black, white, and grey), and what's wrong with art of some characters just chilling at the end of the day?

As for Oboro, I think part of the problem is the image is a complete side-on, making everything look flat.

Nothing's wrong with that. I did not even mention it.

The paler color I mention comes from his other, colored art. If you look up his website and look at his art, you'll notice that it's his thing. I'm not a fan of it.

I have my own theory for how Oboro ended up like that. I think he might've wanted to make her prettier (probably unconsciously), and thus the same face came out.

I'll give you the same-face syndrome, but he's highly regarded as an artist because he has excellent compositions and a recognizable style (less apparent with the in-game portraits, but his own illustrations have a lot of personality). As for pale colours, do you mean desaturated colours? I can't speak for all artists, but the trend in anime has been to desaturate hair colours over the past couple of years. You'll still get green hair and stuff, but it's seen as less gaudy if you make it a duller colour (contrast Stahl to other green-haired characters in the past, e.g. Palla or Oscar). Personally, I welcome it as it feels more modern.

One of my favourite pieces from him:

butterfly_m82a1_by_kymg.jpg

I have a lot of Japanese artists I prefer over Kozaki (redjuice, Yoshida Akihiko, K Kanehira, etc.), but he does some excellent modern work IMO.