SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

6. Are you interested in law?

Not really.

7. Are you interested in history?

Not at all

8. What is the origin of the name 'Proto'?

I'm a huge fan of the MegaMan Battle Network series, and it was pretty much my favorite thing back in 2006. At that time, my favorite character was ProtoMan.EXE, so I set up my online username as ProtoSaj, and then everyone started calling me Proto.

8. How did 'Hattycakes' originate?

Uh... um... about that...

9. Why is Sacred Stones your favorite FE game?

Oh, my Favorite FE game thingy in my SF profile kinda rotates around FE4, FE5, FE8, and sometimes FE10.

But yeah, I love Sacred Stones a lot. It was my second FE game, and the gameplay felt like a vast improvement from FE7 (though I do admit it was a little too easy). And I really like its cast of characters, and their support conversations.

10. Any interest in playing FE1? Why or why not?

Not really. Mainly because a) I already played and finished both of its remakes (and I didn't find either of them to be too great), b) I can't stand the interface and I suspect that the mechanics might be a bit awful too, and c) I have a HUGE backlog of games to play and FE1 doesn't get any priority because honestly I have no reason to play it except for completion sake, which I find to be meaningless.

11. Why did you join SF?

To write an article about Lloyd Reed and other GBA FE characters that I like. Then I got sucked in to the FE4 THREAD and the later empire threads where we used to roleplay and stuff.

12. Care to explain Konngara's disturbingly low (and obviously wrong) position on your Touhou sorter?

Well, I don't dislike her, but eh, I don't find her to be especially amazing or anything either. Probably because she has no dialogue or character. I just like a lot of other characters more, even if marginally so.

26. eBooks or physical books?

Visual Novels win, which don't quite fall into either of those categories. But if I had to pick from those two, then physical books.

27. Do you think visual novels should be considered video games?

In general, nope, not at all, because I consider visual novels to be distinctly different from video games. However, there are some visual novels that have a significant gameplay component (like Eien no Aselia) so I would consider them to be an overlap between VNs and video games. Likewise, there are games with a significant VN component (like 999) which I would consider as also being on the overlapping area.

Stuff like Phoenix Wright and DanganRonpa though, are NOT VNs at all imo, though I won't object if they're described as being somewhat VN-like or something.

28. Do you enjoy audio books?

Haven't really tried them, but I doubt I would enjoy them since I like being able to easily read back through stuff.

29. Is it better to read a book in its original language, or in the language the reader is most familiar with?

I'd say the better choice is whichever one yields more meaning and significance to the reader. This depends on a variety of factors, such as the reader's proficiency in the book's original language, the extent to which the nature of the content of the book is dependent on its language (e.g. poetry), the quality of the translation, etc.

30. Are you afraid of death?

"No". But I realize that it's very easy for me to say that now, in a situation where I don't feel that my life is being threatened to a reasonable extent. If you were to ask again at a time when death feels much closer to me, I may end up answering differently.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31. Are there any characters you think should be playable in a Touhou game, but haven't yet?

32. Are there any works that you enjoy even though it seems like you should hate them?

33. What country has the best food?

34. Have you ever been to Yellowstone?

35. What do you think of Lake Hillier?

1. Did you have a hard childhood for growing up in Bangladesh, a poor country combined with many natural disasters?

2. Do you / would you fight for equality and emancipation in the world?

3. Why do you like Touhou so much?

4. What's your opinion about FE?

5. What's your opinion about SF?

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Uh... um... about that...

Mysteriousness makes me curious. That's how I started liking Konngara.

13. Favorite music from HRtP?

14. Original HRtP music or Akyu's version?

15. Are you interested in languages and/or linguistics?

16. If there was one element you could add to Touhou, what would it be?

17. If there was one element you could remove from Touhou, what would it be?

18. Have you read any Tolkien books (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit etc.)?

19. What single word describes you best?

Edited by Hattusili I

36. What did I do to deserve such a bum onii-chan?

37. What's your reaction to this: http://www.newmuseumstore.org/browse.cfm/fuck-snow-globe/4,2538.html?

38. Cats or dogs?

39. Fuck, marry, kill: Shiki Tohno, Shiki Ryougi, Shikieiki?

40. Do you like piña coladas?

Gah, sorry, I was in Toronto for the whole day yesterday (yes, this was a bad week to take the interview).

[spoiler=Answers]

31. Are there any characters you think should be playable in a Touhou game, but haven't yet?

Flandre Scarlet!

32. Are there any works that you enjoy even though it seems like you should hate them?

Well, there are three animes: Binbougami ga!, No Game No Life, and Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya that I really enjoyed despite them being really NSFP.

33. What country has the best food?

From my experience (limited to Bangladesh, Malaysia, and Canada), I'd say Bangladesh wins.

34. Have you ever been to Yellowstone?

Nope

35. What do you think of Lake Hillier?

No idea what that is

7). favorite breakfast meat?

Chicken eggs

Seriously though, I prefer beef breakfast meals over others.

4). do you like sparkling water?

They look nice, but aren't they the same as normal water?

10). what do you think of junk food?

If they're tasty, it would be nice to enjoy them occasionally, but not too much.

18). would you want to make everyone like you?

No way. Everybody is different and unique in their own way, and nobody should try to completely be like somebody else.

19). would you want to make everyone like you?

Nah. If nobody disliked me, then I wouldn't be able to improve to become a better person.

Huh, Proto is Ieyasu. Would you look at that-

How's Canada?

Pretty nice. It's like Malaysia, but colder. MUCH colder.

11. Happiness without knowledge, or knowledge without happiness?

Gonna go with knowledge without happiness. The bliss in ignorance feels fake. With knowledge, you can try to create your own happiness.

12. Myers-briggs personality type?

iirc the last time I did it I was INTP

13. If your life was a book, what would the title be?

"The Art of Protocrastination"

14. What historical figure do you admire the most?

Prophet Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم )

15. How are you different in real life than on the internet, if there is any difference at all?

I'm much more talkative online and am mostly an introvert offline. I rarely interact with people irl and just focus on maths and programming and stuff. When I'm at the anime club though, I think I'm a lot like my online self.

16. Do you prefer small groups of friends you know very well, or larger groups of friends whom you have less understanding with?

The former. Quality over quantity.

17. Favorite interview to read through in this thread?

ZM's. No elaboration shall be provided :P

18. How good are you at following your goals?

Depends on the goal, but I think I'm doing somewhat decently.

19. Which can have a more positive affect on a person, introversion or extraversion?

I think they're both equally positive. Maybe.

20. If there was one sin you could eliminate from the nature of mankind, what would it be?

Not sure what is encompassed by "sin". If you mean sinful actions in general, then I'll go with murder.

Mysteriousness makes me curious. That's how I started liking Konngara.

Hattycakes~

13. Favorite music from HRtP?

Civilization of Magic

14. Original HRtP music or Akyu's version?

Original, because that's what I've been listening to during the month in which I grinded on it.

15. Are you interested in languages and/or linguistics?

Not really. I do try to learn Japanese though, and I like being a grammar nazi for English, but I have no actual interest, nope.

16. If there was one element you could add to Touhou, what would it be?

"Element" sounds too vague. I want my playable Flan-chan!

17. If there was one element you could remove from Touhou, what would it be?

Uh... depends on the game, I guess. In general though, I'd remove ZUNart if they could be replaced by alphes art or whoever drew ULIL

18. Have you read any Tolkien books (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit etc.)?

I wanted to read LotR but it was too freaking long. So nope, not really.

19. What single word describes you best?

Omochikaeri~!

36. What did I do to deserve such a bum onii-chan?

Ask Shirou and Letty

why does this exist?

38. Cats or dogs?

Caaaaaaats! :3

39. Fuck, marry, kill: Shiki Tohno, Shiki Ryougi, Shikieiki?

Kill Tohno Shiki. Marry... Ryougi Shiki, I guess, but I'd really rather not.

40. Do you like piña coladas?

What are those?

20. What motivates you?

Adorable stuff and mathematical logic.

21. What is your favorite pastime?

Reading VNs.

22. Past or future?

Future.

23. Favorite author?

Ryuukishi07 by far

24. First and current impressions of me?

First - Active member of HHH

Current - Cool and adorable~

Edited by Formina Sage

Announcement:

Unless majority opinion will have it otherwise, I'm introducing a new rule:

7. If an interviewee was not able to answer all questions before the end of their interview, they may answer any remaining questions during the nomination period following their interview. No new questions may be asked during a nomination period.

Nomination count:

5: Shezzy
3: Anacybele
3: BLS
2: Charlie
2: Shadowofchaos
1: Nexas
1: Quintessence
1: Esme