SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

On 4/24/2018 at 5:26 PM, Armagon said:

Ah i see. Back when i was interested in Kingdom Hearts, i did play Dream Drop Distance but i don't remember seeing them. Probably because it was just the demo.

Okay. Meow Wow is one of the first Dream Eaters you wind up creating in the game itself. Also, Meowjesty's design is based on Mickey Mouse.

6. Opinion on Sun and Moon's Pokedex entries?

7. Favorite Pokémon type?

8. Favorite Trails in the Sky character so far?

9. Have you defeated the strongest bunny ever?

10. Have you defeated Telethia, the Endbringer?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Opinions about me?

Well, we haven't really interacted that much but you seem like a cool person.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Why is SOV your favourite Fire Emblem game?

The artstyle, music, the story, the characters, the voice acting that is on the level of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles, and while the gameplay isn't the best, i really loved the dungeons, Mila's Turnwheel and the Arts.

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

What is a weird game you played, that isn't that good, but you really like?

Let me tell you about this game called Pac-Man Fever (not to be confused with the song). It's like Mario Party but for Namco characters (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Astaroth, Heihachi, Tiger Jackson Reiko from Ridge Racer, a game that exists). But like, it's really bad. It's a race to the finish, there are only three boards and they all suck. And whoever wins is down to luck anyway because what you have to do is, on the last three spaces, you have to win the minigame. So on the third space, you have to place 3rd or higher, Second space, 2nd, and final space, 1st. Which means, you can get stuck on the last space by not winning the minigame and the person who was losing the entire time can catch up and steal the win from you. That was me. I was losing the game but because the game's bullshit, i was able to win. I enjoy Pac-Man Fever ironically.

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

How are you feeling?

Doing fine, i just finished eating lunch.

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Opinion on Sun and Moon's Pokedex entries?

They can get really dark. Also, Game Freak's lazy for not making a National Dex, instead forcing you to use Pokebank for one.

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Favorite Pokémon type?

Dark and Dragon

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Favorite Trails in the Sky character so far?

Kloe is best girl, Zane is best boy and Tita is precious and adorable.

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Have you defeated the strongest bunny ever?

Is this refering to Despotic Arsene from Xenoblade Chronicles? No, because XC1 has that really dumb mechanic where fighting monsters 6+ levels higher than you intentionally nerfs you and your party during the fight. Thankfully, that mechanic hasn't been seen since. Now if only Monolith Soft can get rid of the Spike Damage mechanic, that'd be great as well.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Have you defeated Telethia, the Endbringer?

No because i don't have Xenoblade X. X and the Xenosaga trilogy are the only Xeno games i haven't played.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this refering to Despotic Arsene from Xenoblade Chronicles? No, because XC1 has that really dumb mechanic where fighting monsters 6+ levels higher than you intentionally nerfs you and your party during the fight. Thankfully, that mechanic hasn't been seen since. Now if only Monolith Soft can get rid of the Spike Damage mechanic, that'd be great as well.

That it was. And yeah, that was pretty dumb. I have a hard time doing some of the quests for the 5th skill trees because they require beating enemies at stupidly high levels, to say nothing of the Alcamoth quests late in the game.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No because i don't have Xenoblade X. X and the Xenosaga trilogy are the only Xeno games i haven't played.

Oh. I thought you did because of the sig.

11. Weirdest game you ever heard of and/or played?

12. Are you into magical girl anime?

13. Favorite normal Z-Move?

14. Favorite species specific Z-Move?

15. Favorite Gym Leader?

1. Do you ever ride a bike?
2. Do you have any favorite stories from Roman/Greek mythology?
3. Do you have any interest in history?
4. Do you intend on playing Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light?
5. Opinions on the older FE games?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I have a hard time doing some of the quests for the 5th skill trees because they require beating enemies at stupidly high levels, to say nothing of the Alcamoth quests late in the game

I think the worst part is that one of the Replica Monado quests requires an item that is only dropped from the only two dragon enemies in the game. And if you don't get it from Dragon King Alcar, which is a mandatory boss, then your only other option is to farm the Avalanche Abassy for it. And fighting that thing sucks, especially with that insta-kill Spike that you need protection from.

Weirdest game you ever heard of and/or played?

Gal*Gun. I've heard legitimately good things about the series and Gal*Gun 2 released on the Switch a few days ago. I plan on getting it. Also, because it's made by Inti Creates.

Are you into magical girl anime?

Not really. Though i am watching Sailor Moon (or rather, it's on-hold) because it's a classic.

Favorite normal Z-Move?

The Dark-Type Z-Move.

Favorite species specific Z-Move?

Primarina's Z-Move

Favorite Gym Leader?

The Dragon-type Gym Leader in B2W2. I forget his name.

39 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Do you ever ride a bike?

Nope, because i don't know how.

40 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Do you have any favorite stories from Roman/Greek mythology?

I read the Odyssey about a year ago. Not the whole thing because it's pretty long but i enjoyed it.

40 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Do you have any interest in history?

Yep. Especially when it comes to the ancient civilizations such as the Anicent Egyptians, Aztecs, etc.

41 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Do you intend on playing Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light?

Probably not. Mainly because i played the FE3 version.

42 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Opinions on the older FE games?

Aside from Jugdral, their pretty good. The Elibe saga is among my favorites.

1. Any opinions on the state of anime right now?
2. How are you liking DITF so far? I haven't watched any anime in a while but I considered picking it up until that messed up waifu war happened.
3. What are your top 5 favorite FE characters?
4. Favorite evil character in gaming?
5. Anything specific you're hoping for FE Switch?

29 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Any opinions on the state of anime right now?

It's good. There's been plenty of great anime recently such as My Hero Academia, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Pop Team Epic and Konosuba. There's also been really bad ones as well such as In Another World with my Smartphone but overall, the good outweighs the bad.

32 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

How are you liking DITF so far? I haven't watched any anime in a while but I considered picking it up until that messed up waifu war happened.

It's a good anime. First few episodes are meh but it gets really good later on. As for the fanbase.....yeah, it's pretty bad. But you shouldn't let the fanbase ruin things for you.

34 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

What are your top 5 favorite FE characters?

1. Alm
  2. Roy
  3. Azura
  4. Soleil
  5. Myrrh
35 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Favorite evil character in gaming?

Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's so damn entertaining, yet also threatening. He got me good with that bait-and-switch at the end of Ch.9. He's got some real memorable quotes as well. "Souls are like bacon, they taste good on everything", "When aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade....like this!", "Add a pinch of memories to a ton of souls. Put them in a blender, and hit frappé".

38 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Anything specific you're hoping for FE Switch?

Animations on the tier of the GBA FE games or SoV.

This is probably going to be my final set of questions. This was fun! I wish I knew about this thread earlier, as it's been interesting seeing how previous interviewees have responded.

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/cliche?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?

Edited by Hawkwing
Spelled "cliche" wrong.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think the worst part is that one of the Replica Monado quests requires an item that is only dropped from the only two dragon enemies in the game. And if you don't get it from Dragon King Alcar, which is a mandatory boss, then your only other option is to farm the Avalanche Abassy for it. And fighting that thing sucks, especially with that insta-kill Spike that you need protection from.

Those too. Most everything that you need to defeat for the needed items is level 80 or higher. Also, there are three dragon enemies - The two you mentioned, and Demon King Dragonia (the latter is related to the Colony 6 side quest). Alcar doesn't drop anything, but the latter does... if you can kill it legitimately (it's level 99. Which is not nearly as awful as Abaasy's 120, but still in the area of "this is gonna suck").

Gal*Gun. I've heard legitimately good things about the series and Gal*Gun 2 released on the Switch a few days ago. I plan on getting it. Also, because it's made by Inti Creates.

Speaking of, I consider that the weirdest game I ever heard of. And while I didn't say this in that other thread, I plan on getting Gal*Gun 2 as well. Also, they released Gal Gunvolt Burst on the PlayStation Store a few weeks ago (to my knowledge, it's Mighty Gunvolt Burst, except Ekoro is available in the base game instead of as DLC).

The Dragon-type Gym Leader in B2W2. I forget his name.

That would be Drayden. He's also the Opelucid Gym Leader in Black (in White, Iris is the Opelucid leader instead).

11. Have you played Pokémon Colosseum and/or Pokémon XD?

12. Favorite Trial Captain?

13. Favorite Elite Four member?

14. Favorite Mega Evolution?

15. Have you watched Family Feud?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?

Went to Seaworld Orlando and got on the manta ray ride. Loved it but i also have a slight fear of roller coasters so i'm not doing that again

Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?

I don't get why people criticize some characters for being naive or dumb or anything that doesn't make them "badass".  We see that within Fire Emblem, where some people criticize the female Lords for basically having realistic flaws.

I'm also not that bothered by characters who have something on their mind but won't say it.

Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?

So i mentioned that i was a Tales fan. While i like the series, i tried playing Tales of Phantasia (the first game in the series) and it's not bad by any means, it's just really average compared to other games in the series. On that same note, while i'm a fan of Kid Icarus, i'm only actually a fan of Uprising, which is one of the best games ever made. The original Kid Icarus and Of Myths and Monsters didn't hook me at all.

On the anime side, there's an anime called The Anicent Magus' Bride. It had an interesting premise but the characters were too boring for me to care.

Something you wish had a sequel?

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?

Never played it but it looks fun.

Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/clique?

I don't know if i have a favorite but i can say what my least favorite. I see this both in games and in anime. It's the trope where a prince or princess has some plot against them or something and the chancellor/prime minster/some other guy of a high position is always behind it. Every time.

Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/clique?

Chuuni characters (Owain, Xenoblade 2 Zeke, etc) and heroes who start from the ground up. 

As for least favorite character trope, anyone who is emotionless without an actual reason for it. Violet from Violet Evergarden starts off emotionless and there's a legitimate reason for it. That's fine. I like when there's a reason. But then you have Inaho fom Aldonah.Zero who's emotionless as fuck because the plot said so. Also the "nice guy who can do no wrong and has the answers to everything and also has a harem" trope that you see in almost every Isekai anime. Unless it's a parody. 

Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?

Slow as fuck tutorials (i'm looking at you Pokemon) and sidequests that are vague as fuck (I'm looking at you Xenoblade 1). Also when JRPGs don't put maps in their dungeons and it's even worse when there's random encounters (not that random encounters are bad).

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Those too. Most everything that you need to defeat for the needed items is level 80 or higher. Also, there are three dragon enemies - The two you mentioned, and Demon King Dragonia (the latter is related to the Colony 6 side quest). Alcar doesn't drop anything, but the latter does... if you can kill it legitimately (it's level 99. Which is not nearly as awful as Abaasy's 120, but still in the area of "this is gonna suck").

I mean, Lv.99 isn't too bad, as that's the level cap for your party members. It's just that leveling up in XC1 is a bit slow compared to other games in the series.

Also, they released Gal Gunvolt Burst on the PlayStation Store a few weeks ago (to my knowledge, it's Mighty Gunvolt Burst, except Ekoro is available in the base game instead of as DLC).

Yeah, Gal*Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst are the same game. Speaking of, they did add another DLC character into the game. Tenezou, from Gal*Gun, likely to celebate the release of 2.

Have you played Pokémon Colosseum and/or Pokémon XD?

Nope.

Favorite Trial Captain?

Lana.

Favorite Elite Four member?

Grimsly (that's Unova's Dark Elite Four member, right?)

Favorite Mega Evolution?

Mega Garchomp. And Mega Rayquayza.

Have you watched Family Feud?

Nope.

Edited by Armagon

XII. Which FE characters do you think gets judged too harshly? 

XIII. Do you think that the FE fanbase judges lords (male vs female lords) differently? 

XIV. Which FE game do you want to have a remake first? 

XV. How did you get into video games? 

XVI. Least favorite anime trope? Favorite? 

XVII. What is you moral alignment? 

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yep. Especially when it comes to the ancient civilizations such as the Anicent Egyptians, Aztecs, etc.

Ooh, nice.

6. What about the Roman Empire?
7. Efficiency or thoroughness?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
9. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
10. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

5 hours ago, Paris said:

Which FE characters do you think gets judged too harshly? 

Faye

5 hours ago, Paris said:

Do you think that the FE fanbase judges lords (male vs female lords) differently? 

Yes. This isn't speaking for everyone but the "perfect" Lords like Alm, Ike, and Ephriam get praised while the realistically flawed female Lords like Celica and Eirika constantly get shit on.

5 hours ago, Paris said:

Which FE game do you want to have a remake first? 

Binding Blade.

5 hours ago, Paris said:

How did you get into video games? 

My dad bought me a Wii when i was 6.

5 hours ago, Paris said:

Least favorite anime trope? Favorite? 

Well, for my least favorite, i suppose i can repeat myself here

the "nice guy who can do no wrong and has the answers to everything and also has a harem" trope that you see in almost every Isekai anime. Unless it's a parody. 

even more so than the "super emotionless character with no reason for it" trope.

As for my favorite anime trope, the "calling out attack names" trope.

5 hours ago, Paris said:

What is you moral alignment?

Morals don't exist, it's just a social construct well, i always try to be a nice person. I can get selfish at times but in general, i just try to be nice and always look on the bright side of things.

3 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

What about the Roman Empire?

Roman Empire was one of the first things i took interest as a kid and i've wanted to go to Italy for a long time because of it.

I will admit, i haven't actually done a whole lot of research on any of the ancient civilizations i'm interested in but my interest for them is still there.

Efficiency or thoroughness?

Honestly, neither. I kind of just do things and hope they work. It's not that i try to half-ass or rush things but i also don't strive for perfection or anything. I know my limits.

I will have to change this going into the future though.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

No particular place but somewhere cold. I live in Florida currently and the heat can get insufferable. Cold>hot any day of the week because at least with the cold, you can adapt to it.

If i had to pick, probably Alaska. Alaska's pretty cool (heh).

If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

A mixture of both but leading towards the latter.

Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

I honestly haven't really thought about this. I guess the former? I dunno, i don't have a definite anwser for this.

1.  What do you do in real life. Working? Studying? Where do you work / what do you study?

2. Wildest thing you've ever done?

3. Something you've never done before that you want to try?

4. Something you've done before that you never want to do again?

5. Do you prefer city life or the countryside? 

6. Favorite exotic cuisine?

7. You follow politics at all? What are your main positions / top issues? 

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Ercdouken said:

Cats or dogs?

Dogs

Which FE class would you be

Dread Fighter

Game series you're interested in playing?

Ys. Once i'm done with the Trails in the Sky trilogy, i'll be diving into the Ys series.

Places you would like to visit?

Japan and Italy

Things you're afraid of?

Bees, wasps, hornets, anything of that nature.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

What do you do in real life. Working? Studying? Where do you work / what do you study?

I'm still in High School but as i'm a senior, i'll be graduating in about a month.

Wildest thing you've ever done?

I celebrated my 8th birthday three times. It's a long story.

Something you've never done before that you want to try?

Scuba diving.

Something you've done before that you never want to do again?

Riding certain roller coasters. Oh, and Ursula's quest in Xenoblade 2.

Do you prefer city life or the countryside? 

I've never lived in a city so probably the countryside.

Favorite exotic cuisine?

Arepas. It's a popular Latin American dish. Looks like this

LdajIhn.jpg

You can fill them with anything you want. I usually go for cheese and chicken.

You follow politics at all? What are your main positions / top issues? 

I don't follow politics that much but both sides of the political spectrum in America are really bad right now so i just prefer to stay neutral.

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, Lv.99 isn't too bad, as that's the level cap for your party members. It's just that leveling up in XC1 is a bit slow compared to other games in the series.

Yeah. And that's the main thing about Dragonia that bothers me. 

Yeah, Gal*Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst are the same game. Speaking of, they did add another DLC character into the game. Tenezou, from Gal*Gun, likely to celebate the release of 2.

I know. In the former, he's in a pack along with Joule and Cali (or is it Call?).

Grimsly (that's Unova's Dark Elite Four member, right?)

Yeah, though you forgot the e near the end.

16. What about Ursula's quest in Xenoblade 2 makes it so bad?

17. Do you watch Jeopardy!?

18. On a scale from 1 to 1001, how irritating is Arts Seal?

19. Have you played one of the Project X Zone games?

20. Have you seen "Wake that slugabed up!"?

EDIT: Posted before I was ready, so needed to finish.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Alright, finally got back from Avengers: Infinity War. Now i can anwser some questions again.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I know. In the former, he's in a pack along with Joule and Cali (or is it Call?)

Call

16. What about Ursula's quest in Xenoblade 2 makes it so bad?

So the narritave of it is fine but there's just so many Merc Missions you have to do. Too many. Way too many. At least it's helpful for building Blade Affinity Charts.

17. Do you watch Jeopardy!?

No

18. On a scale from 1 to 1001, how irritating is Arts Seal?

Like, 10. Because most status effects don't actually matter in XC1. Aura Seal and anything to set-up Say Sorry are the only ones that actually matter and enemy status effects aren't that deterimental honestly.

19. Have you played one of the Project X Zone games?

No. I kinda want to though.

20. Have you seen "Wake that slugabed up!"?

No.

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: If you were a Fire Emblem character, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

10: Favorite Fire Emblem Archetype?

11: Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

12: Least favorite?

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Opinion on the name Rachel?

Nice name and also one that i don't hear very often.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Opinion on petticoats?

I had to look up what that was and i honestly don't really have an opinion on it

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Opinion on kilts?

They look nice i guess.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you were a Fire Emblem character, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

I'd be a Dread Fighter but one that specializes in Strength/Magic, Speed and Defense (whereas most specialize in Resistance). Don't know about growths though.

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Favorite Fire Emblem Archetype?

Est-archetype. It's fun seeing these character grow and it's one of the main reason why i always use Sophia in my Binding Blade runs instead of Raigh or Niime.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

• FE1/11: Linde
  • FE2/15: Alm
  • FE3: Linde.
  • FE4: Lachesis
  • FE5: No one cuz i dropped the game like three chapters in
  • FE6: Roy
  • FE7: Ninian
  • FE8: Joshua
  • FE9: Ike
  • FE12: Katarina
  • FE13: Owain
  • FE14: Azura
43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Least favorite?

• FE1/11: Gharnef
  • FE2/15: Deen
  • FE3/12: Arran
  • FE4: Sigurd
  • FE5: Same as favorite
  • FE6: Raigh
  • FE7: Vadia
  • FE8: Riev
  • FE9: Honestly don't know
  • FE13: Tharja
  • FE14: Peri

On 27-4-2018 at 12:05 PM, Armagon said:

Roman Empire was one of the first things i took interest as a kid and i've wanted to go to Italy for a long time because of it.

I will admit, i haven't actually done a whole lot of research on any of the ancient civilizations i'm interested in but my interest for them is still there.

Ooh, nice.

11. Any favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
12. Any least favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
13. Forgiveness or retribution?

9 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

What makes french toast crunch?

If this is regarding the cereal, then General Mills.

Do you have a favorite architect?

The one from Xenoblade 2 no, not really.

Feelings on Karel?

He's an edgelord. But a good one. Now if only he had more than two chapters of availability in Binding Blade.

Have you ever been to a salt marsh?

I have not.

Do you watch Celebrity Family Feud? 

No.

1 hour ago, Septimius Severus said:

11. Any favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
12. Any least favorite Roman Emperor(s)?

Again, i haven't actually done a whole lot of research so i can't really anwser this. The only Roman Emperor i know off the top of my head is Nero Claudius and that's only because i have friends that are Fate fans. 

I also thought Julius Caesar was an Emperor for the longest time but a quick google search proved me wrong.

1 hour ago, Septimius Severus said:

Forgiveness or retribution?

Forgiveness. Unless in extreme cases where forgiveness won't work, then it's retribution.