37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, shezzy said:

dicking around in UFO hard

how's marisa in this game? she seems pretty decent. speed seems like a good thing to have in this game, and after playing dodonpachi for weeks reimu feels really sluggish lol

MarisaA for Hard is great

and yeah getting used to a system as intensive as UFO's will give you some trouble for a bit, but I assure you it's not that bad to get into.

^ It took me long enough to get to whom this was addressed.

Anyways I was so bored and also frustrated by easy that I played UFO's stage 1 on lunatic - Beat it in my very first attempt.
Funnily for some reason I like the increased speed of the enemies's projectiles. Could find a rhythm faster than on easy.
Says the person who isn't even able to manage it on easy.

14 minutes ago, Aya Shameimaru said:

I could manage T12's gameplay somehow.
Just don't have to care for the ufos and spell card boni.
Pacifistic strategy ftw...... till Shou fucks me up.

you're just shooting yourself in the foot 

Learn the UFO placements: they're always in the same spots. Every time. All you need to do is stock up on reds anyway. It really isn't that bad. If you ignore summons you're just not going to get many resources to get through the game with.

spell bonus is irrelevant, so no point noting that 

My MAIN problem is in this part - unlike in the others - the generics have higher HP and they shoot way more projectiles than in other parts.
At first I tried to collect as many ufos as possible (preferred red ones), but this usually screwed my runs. My (over)aggressive playwise to go for all the ufos made me vulnerable against the enemies. The result was that I lost several lives in the stages (especially stage 3 and 4). 

With my more reserved playstyle I gain less extra lives, but I also lose less (1-2 till stage 5).

My main problems are still Kogasa (don't understand her last spell), SHOU (fuck these lasers) and collecting these fricking ufos in the right color.
If this game had a different reward system or made ufos autocollectable, I'd have beaten this game already.

Edited by Aya Shameimaru

okay then you need to learn to not be greedy
if you see a UFO flying and it's surrounded by bullets, do not grab it. Wait.

You're going to need lives, dude. UFO runs that don't summon UFOs should be saved for higher level play.

Besides, you're just on Easy. Bullet density is quite lower there, so learning the placements now shouldn't be a problem. Run through stage practice and/or watch a replay to see some valid strategies. Also, I exist, too, so that works out. :V As for bosses, bomb Kogasa's final (it's harder on Easy than Normal, btw, just thought I'd let you know), bomb through Shou (or learn her patterns to some degree, Easy Shou isn't terrible), and, as I've said before, learn the UFO placements. 

8 hours ago, ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' ) said:

okay then you need to learn to not be greedy
if you see a UFO flying and it's surrounded by bullets, do not grab it. Wait.

You're going to need lives, dude. UFO runs that don't summon UFOs should be saved for higher level play.

Besides, you're just on Easy. Bullet density is quite lower there, so learning the placements now shouldn't be a problem. Run through stage practice and/or watch a replay to see some valid strategies. Also, I exist, too, so that works out. :V As for bosses, bomb Kogasa's final (it's harder on Easy than Normal, btw, just thought I'd let you know), bomb through Shou (or learn her patterns to some degree, Easy Shou isn't terrible), and, as I've said before, learn the UFO placements. 

As I said I go for lives. Trying to get two extra lives in stage 1 already.
However bombs could be technically more effective since you can get 1/1/3 bomb for a green ufo while a red ufo would give two heart pieces, exchanged in one bomb (get two bombs for each lost life, only if you have none left.

Stage 3 is fucking annoying because of these fast falling triangle purple arrows. 

I always save one bomb for Kogasa's final as for Ichirin's first spell. The speed of the falling fire balls is ridiculous. As for Shou mainly her nons are problematic for me because I misscalculate the curvy lasers. I actually got her patterns but I'm often too slow to find the right dodging spot.
The only boss I really like is stage 4's. 

I've beaten UFO!
(though can't upload a replay since I still have no net in new flat, and I'm posting via phone in my former home now)

I have to say it's still my least favorite part though because it's too luckbased with the UFO mechanic to me. A better bonus system like 14's would make this game more enjoyable. Furthermore I find this game pretty hard. The stages spam a lot of crap to you and I really dislike some bosses (mainly Kogasa + Shou).