poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thanks!

Glaceon Mage recommended me to play DDC because it shall be an easier part. But before I will do it, I'd like to finish Touhou 16 with each character / season first, and maybe finish at least with one character a run on normal to get a better feeling for the series.

Speaking of HSiFS, I 1cc'd Normal twice, with the second time being in a skype call.

And I didn't mess up my release route the second time so I scored better on that one too (the first time I 1cc'd I mixed up the order of Behind Festival and Tengu-Odoshi, resulting in a completely wasted release on Behind Festival).

12 minutes ago, persona 2 wanker said:

goddamn is it just me or is UFO's ufo mechanic intrusive as hell? hate those little fucks

And this is my main problem with UFO.

The UFO system is gimmicky and annoying, though the bullet patterns themselves are nice.

8 hours ago, Aya Shameimaru said:

Why is Aya so incredibly bad in HSiFS?

Her bomb... ugh!

Her bomb is the best bomb in the game, though.

Stronger than Master Spark when on top of the boss and lasts a long time. You can even bomb off to the side and graze a spawn point for season.

Seriously I haven't used it against the bosses yet, but it has a very low spread. So low that I can't kill all the enemies in stage 4, and that's the part of the game I really need them.
Against most bosses I don't really need the bombs, maybe against boss 5 because they can be really tough. Release is the perfect replacement for them.
Doing stage 4 with her is really painful so far.

You should worry about streaming and moving to safe areas in stage 4. And considering her bombs lasts a long time, she shouldn't have too much of a problem disposing of a good number of the enemies.

My main problem in stage 4 are the yellow coloured fairies. They shot projectiles towards me. If I can't kill them in time, they will move down and attack me from the bottom. Since new enemies will spawn from the top, I'll be surrounded fast. Another problem is that the enemies appear from nowhere. It happened to me often enough that I lost lives by hitting invisible enemies.
Seriously without using bombs I lose more lives in this stage than against the final boss.

Edited by Aya Shameimaru

I played IN's extra stage for fun to get a first impression of Touhou's hardcore gameplay. According to its description it shall be the hardest mode, harder than lunatic.

I managed without many problems to face Ex-Keine at least in my very first attempt.
Became I so good, or is this extra stage so easy?
I know latter is the case.

Edited by Aya Shameimaru

I don't want to talk about perfect difficulty yet, but it seems to be a fair challenge, a challenge I will accept with the target to master it.
Thankfully I can spell practice each unlocked boss's spell, so it should be possible to beat it.
Ex-Keine doesn't look too bad with some practice, can't talk about Mokou yet.

personally, I feel that PoFV is the most underrated touhou game and the one you should play if you want to improve your reflexes and not do memo shit, looking at replays for PoFV is pretty (lol unless you want to learn scoring for pofv

play it on lunatic! it's the easiest lunatic! (just skip easy mode btw it's not worth playing)

Edited by persona 2 wanker